PDA

View Full Version : Filled A600 Repair and Recap requested please

Deanp
19th November 2015, 14:16
Hi,

I recently upgraded my previously working A600 with a 601n memory expansion and 3.1 Kickstart ROM. However, in doing so I have broken it. :(

When it boots, all I get is a green screen for a few seconds, then it turns black.

Of course, I immediately reversed the upgrade process, refitting the old ROM (ensuring there were no bent pins, etc.) and removing the 601n. But, same problem as above!

Obviously, I have damaged it in some way but the repair skills are beyond my capability and I would rather pay someone who knows what they are doing to fix it. May as well get a recap done at the same time.

Please PM me if you are interested in looking at it for me - UK preferred to keep postage costs down.

Many thanks!

Bryce
19th November 2015, 14:23
It may just need a recap and not have any further problems. Adding the 601n may have pushed the caps over the edge. I can do it for you, but there are other highly capable hardware people a lot nearer to you.

Bryce.

CraigsBar
19th November 2015, 21:11
I can certainly vouch for the quality of @Bryce 's work. My a600 is currently winging it's way back to me having be recapped repaired last weekend ;)

Deanp
20th November 2015, 20:32
Thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated. I have made some enquiries closer to home, but I may come back to you Bryce if they don't work out. Hope that's ok?

Best regards,

Dean

Bryce
20th November 2015, 21:03
Yeah, no problem. But ask Roy_Bates or The Corfiot first, they are much nearer to you. If they don't have time, get back to me.

Bryce.

Deanp
21st November 2015, 10:06
I have been contacted by The Corfiot and Bebek - both have been PMed.

Thanks all for your help. Great community!

TheCorfiot
28th November 2015, 01:27
A Few photos of the work carried out to repair this A600, the broken tracks were hidden underneath the plastic strut of the IC socket but easily seen when cut away.
Unfortunately the tracks on the motherboard were broken during removal of the original kickstart as the screwdriver was inserted between board and socket and not socket and chip....easily done.

System works fine with A604 and workshop A608...
Tomorrow I will recap the board

Bas :)

DutchinUSA
28th November 2015, 01:45
Nice ! It's alive, it's alive :thumbsup:

Deanp
28th November 2015, 19:42
Thanks Bas, you are a star. Entirely my fault then - good job I sent it to a professional!

A Few photos of the work carried out to repair this A600, the broken tracks were hidden underneath the plastic strut of the IC socket but easily seen when cut away.
Unfortunately the tracks on the motherboard were broken during removal of the original kickstart as the screwdriver was inserted between board and socket and not socket and chip....easily done.

Deanp
4th December 2015, 12:45
Thanks Bas, you are a star. Entirely my fault then - good job I sent it to a professional!

All done - very high quality work and everything is working fine! Many thanks.

TheCorfiot
4th December 2015, 13:55
You are most welcome Dean :)

BamberO
21st January 2016, 12:19
which area of wales are you in Corfiot? I have a a600 with faulty drive and would like it looking at?

TheCorfiot
21st January 2016, 17:18
Hello there
I am in South Wales very near Cardiff.
Would be most happy to sort out your A600

:)