Malvineous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Brisbane
Hi all,

I'm looking to swap an NEC APC for a Shugart SA-850 double-sided 8" drive. The NEC comes with two half-height 8" double-sided drives, so hopefully this will be considered a fair trade! Unfortunately there is no keyboard or software, however disk images can be found online.

The machine itself is in unknown condition. Physically apart from a few scratches it looks fine, but I don't think it's been powered up for many years so I'm not game to be the one to throw the switch! I can't see any bulging capacitors but at this age that's no guarantee. Probably it works fine, but equally it may need recapping.

Some background - this machine was given to me a few years ago as I was looking for a double-sided 8" floppy drive. The drives in the APC proved too much of a pain to get working with my setup, which ended up being comprised of two Shugart SA-800 single-sided drives neatly mounted in a 19" rackmount case. I would like to be able to swap out an SA-800 (single-sided) for an SA-850 (double-sided) when the need arises, so now I'm on the hunt for a 240V/50Hz SA-850.

Note that one drive has been removed from the machine in the photos, but it will be reinstalled should anyone take me up on this offer.

The machine is located in Brisbane, Australia (St Lucia). Probably not worth shipping due to the size and weight, but happy to consider it if anyone is extremely keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom