Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
SaV64Logo.png

Round 2 of SaV64 sales have begun! I've already contacted users who previously expressed interest and those people are in the list at the bottom of this post. This list will change as statuses change and new reservations are made.

The SaV64 was designed and created in collaboration with e5frog, based on his OVG64 over voltage protector. It uses an over voltage protection controller to allow you to safely use your original Commodore power supply or an alternative power source with your Commodore computers.

Here’s the complete list of features:

- Protect your Commodore 64(C/G/GS/Aldi), Commodore VIC-20 CR, or Plus/4 (with an adapter) from overvoltage on the 5VDC line.
- 5VDC and 9VAC Barrel connectors to allow easy use of alternative power sources. 5VDC barrel input is also protected from overvoltage.
- Use an external 5VDC power source and continue using your Commodore power supply for 9VAC even when its 5VDC has failed.
- Designed to handle 3 Amps in order to protect and power your system.
- High quality relay that disconnects both DC and AC lines in the case of an overvoltage condition.
- Dual color LED indicating the 5VDC status: Normal (Green) or Tripped (Red)
- Can be reset with the recessed reset button or by unplugging the power source.
- LED indicator shows when voltage is safe or tripped.
- Four possible trip point settings to customize the protection to your system.
- A high quality aluminum enclosure that will be customized at the factory to precisely match the SaV64’s connectors. The case is quite small at around 2.5 Inches Wide by 2.8 Inches Deep and 1.5 Inches tall.
- 3M Rubber Feet and a professionally printed SaV64 logo are also included to complete the device.
- The output cable can be routed through the same end as the inputs or out the back of the device.

The kit price has not changed. Pricing has increased for assembly of units due to the amount of time it takes for me to build these.

$42.50 – One complete kit. Everything you need to assemble one SaV64. There are two barrel connector options: 2.0x6.3mm (Accepts 2.1x5.5mm plug) or 2.5x6.3mm (Accepts 2.5x5.5mm plug). You can get two of the same or one of each.

Assembly Cost Options (In addition to cost of kit. Only choose one.):
$20.00 - Assembly of a single kit into a Ready to Use device
$2.25 - SMD + Daughterboard assembly

The SMD + Daughterboard assembly provides you with a kit that has all the SMD components attached and the daughterboard completely assembled and attached to the PCB. All remaining components to be assembled are through-hole.

Shipping Notice: Each kit is about 8 Ounces. Shipping a single kit to most countries outside the USA will cost around $14.40. Please send me your mailing address via PM along with the number of kits you want so I can get you a good shipping quote. I am willing to ship multiple user’s kits to a single person who can distribute them, which might save money. Again, contact me if you want to do something like this.

Shipping within the USA is $5.25 for up to 2 Kits.

UserKitFullStatus
DonChaos01Canceled
warkopz02Shipped
Hendrik20Canceled
CrazyBob10Shipped
sweetlilmre10Shipped
pauljh01Canceled
RetroHaudegen01Canceled

Last edited:
The United States Postal Service unexpectedly raised their rates this weekend. The $14.40 International shipping rate has gone up to $22.25. That's an increase of $7.85 per unit that I am shipping. Shipping within the USA increased from $5.25 to $6.80. That's an increase of $1.55 per unit. I will cover this increase but it is coming directly out of my pocket. If you placed an order for a device, a small donation to help offset this cost would be appreciated but it is not expected.

If you have not yet paid for your unit, your order has been canceled. Please contact me via PM if you would like an adjusted quote based on current shipping costs.

I am not accepting any more orders until after all the current paid orders have shipped.

Thank you,

Heather

I'm so glad it arrived safely! Please share a picture once you are done. Most people have bought assembled units so I haven't seen many that others have assembled.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom