Closed best video cable - commodore 1084s

Status
Not open for further replies.
RGB of course, does the monitor have a scart socket or a 9 pin RGB port? just get the cable for whichever one the monitor has but I suspect it's the 9 pin type. The quality of an RGB signal blows RF and composite out of the water.

Last edited:
for the cable,you need to tell us what 1084s you have.some use different cables for rgb...some have a 9 pin d sub,some have a din connector,some even have scart on the rear,most also require a seperate audio lead.

obviously,your needs would require an analogue rgb cable

the model number is on the label on the rear of your unit

Last edited:
its wired the same as the philips cm8833 II,and commdore 1084S-P1.but even if you get the cable for the philips one it wont plug in properly(case stops it fropm being plugged in all the way)...so,you need the commodore branded rgb cable.23 pin one end 9 pin the other,and a stereo audio cable(twin phono lead)

I think i've got a spare one you can have for postage (say £3) if you want it, I will need to check it works first though on my Philips monitor this afternoon.

Last edited:
the guy above says

its wired the same as the philips cm8833 II,and commdore 1084S-P1.but even if you get the cable for the philips one it wont plug in properly(case stops it from being plugged in all the way)

Well i'm not sure if this is an official cable or not but I have tested it and it works but has a little ghosting which my other cable does not so it probably needs the solder redoing, here is a pic of it and a pic of the socket on my 8833-II, if you think it will be of use to you it's yours. Roy generally knows his stuff though so he's more than likely right and the socket does have two notches there for the cable to sit in it flush (you could file it down I suppose).

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
see the little tabs on the d sub connector,the case stops it from being plugged in all the way....on the D1 D2 etc

if you could cut the tabs off(cutting the tabs makes the case fall apart) and somehow epoxy the innards to the case of the plug it would work...lots of messing about to be honest,better to get a commodore cable as the they dont have them as there molded plugs.

as the above option is destructive,there is another one just as destructive but to the monitor which involves filing the opening on the case where the d-sub is so it accepts normal fittings.
it means removing the back cover and filling the hole to allow the plug to go in all the way,it doesnt effect the socket you plug into as thats on a metal chassis you wont be touching...but,its not for everyone.

like i say,easiest option,is to find a commodore branded molded amiga rgb cable for the monitor,i havnt got round to getting one for mine either,i may just do one the obove two options even the case on the monitor..il only have to do it once,cables seem a bit hard to get...that way i can just make a cable or buy a 8833 mk2 cable off ebay and use that

Last edited:
how about this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMMODORE...278996?hash=item5ae2a14f14:g:X48AAOSwQItT1Mwr

would this work and if so would it give best video quailty etc

You'd have the same problem that the cable wouldn't fit in the back of the monitor because of the lugs on the connector and your monitor not having the notches in the case for them.

This is the adapter I bought for mine 8833-II www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320754731999 if you could just find a version for your monitor you would be sorted.

Last edited:
yeah,youll still have this problem its the same as the D1,exactly the same actually its just missing the TTl logic for the RGB

ill look for a picture of the cable you need if i find it ill post it here

EDIT: actually i think this is going to be a bit of a task for you,so ill make an offer..or at least try....get the leads you linked to earlier send them to me ill alter them so they fit your monitor....im only offering as this may e harder to get than i originally thought...
youll have to send me a pm for my address,also the plug wont be servicable after ive altered it,just making you aware of that.

after ive doen the cable ill need you to report back to mae sure your monitor works properly as i dont think youve used it on rgb yet,just to check you getting all the colours and sync etc...it wont be a cable issue if it does that after.
i found a picture of the cable these were actually shipped with...unfortunalty,i cant link it to here for some reason

Last edited:
this is a picture i took of the cable youll see what i mean hopefully

attachment.php

picture shows the bolts missing you tighten to hold the cables in place,just for reference thats not what im talking about....where i have the mouse pointer youll see no lugs...thats the problem on the other cables

Last edited:
i know i have a D1 and D2,thats how i know these cables wont fit properly

i wish you the best of luck trying to find the cable for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom