Justin

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Hi all,
Does anyone have a heat pipe from a faulty laptop kicking about? i'm thinking of fitting one in my A600 i'm building up, so whatcha got?

cheers, JuvUK

Would either one of these do?

Price of postage (could be £6 given the weight/location)

23679119.jpg

sorry to be a pain m8, but would you be so kind as to measure the pad size and radiator section? i need to work out if it will fit where i need it to

thanks

If TheoryBoy's doesn't work out, I might have one available if some new thermal compound doesn't fix my overheating problem. The fan is strong and heat sink is still good, I think the CPU might just be on it's last legs. I'll keep an eye on the thread and will send dimensions if the other one doesn't play out.

No prob,

The pad is 35mm x35mm and the rad is 65mmx25mm at its widest

here is its on graph each box is 5mm square or there abouts

74704343.jpg

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

That one above is from an acer, this one is from a dell laptop. I have more laptops hanging around, I will open them tomorrow there might be something more suitable.

hshp1.jpg

hshp2.jpg

the 1st one will be a tight fit, but I think i can get it in there (fnar) so let's talk beer tokens, how much do you want for this heatsync bud?

cheers, JuvUK

You might be able ot bend it a little, to get it to fit. Just postage is fine. PM your address and I will get it sent out. I dont know exactly how much it costs, but at estimate it could be £6. What I can do is post it if post costs are reasonable and then let you know.

@Juv

Glad TheoryBoy's pipe is going to work out for you. After application of a new layer of thermal compound, my laptop is kicking along nicely again. Now to find a flash card to notebook drive adapter to get rid of the overheating drive...

@Juv

Glad TheoryBoy's pipe is going to work out for you. After application of a new layer of thermal compound, my laptop is kicking along nicely again. Now to find a flash card to notebook drive adapter to get rid of the overheating drive...

Brian, good news, glad your laptop is on the way to being sorted:)

@Andy

Seriously, I couldn't think of any other way to word that :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom