torusam

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Country
united states
Region
washington
Hello,
I have an Amiga 3000 that after the removal of the leaking battery it never started up again.

Since it seems all fine around the battery (i cleaned it, the pins of the chips around it seem to be all properly connected, i tested them one by one with the scheme).

I fear there is some problem:

1. in the Amber chip (i removed all the removeable chips, and found it it is a big dark on the pin on one corner).
  2. In the kickstart chips (they are not original, not sure whether they are really working or not).

What am i searching for:
  1. kickstart V40.70 for Amiga 3000;
  2. amber chip for Amiga 3000;
  3. Also, anyone would like to help me fixing this nice computer is welcome.
Greetings

A3000 kickstart chips are available at several Amiga retailers. Amigakit, Vesalia and Amigastore.eu are just 3 of them. Vesalia would probably be the cheapest option for you for shipping as they are located in Germany. They also have stock of some Amiga custom chips, have a look on the website. Also there is Software Hut that is back, only on eBay though, (search for them), they have numerous hard to find chips for sale.

Hi mate, print flickerfixer schematic and check all connection before ordering a new Amber: in my case was some PCB tracks corroded by battery!

- - - Updated - - -

Also find a friend with an A2320 or another A3000 to check your Amber.

I have advertised a pair of KS 3.1 ROMs for the Amiga 3000, they are 40.68.

AFAIK, 40.70 does not exist for A3000.

See: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?79133-KS-3-1-ROMs-for-Amiga-3000-3000T

Well, I already bought the ones that goes into socket U182/3, version 40.68. I hope i will be able to fit those on my mobo version 9.3, i see there are already the chip socket over there, so i do not need any additional board, right?
Otherwise these were the chips i would have bought in the first place instead.
Thanks,
torusam

- - - Updated - - -

Hi mate, print flickerfixer schematic and check all connection before ordering a new Amber: in my case was some PCB tracks corroded by battery!
Also find a friend with an A2320 or another A3000 to check your Amber.

Ok, i will check again the PCB tracks around the battery _again_ :)

I can check your Amber, if you want ;)

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Or send m/b to vibros or me for a repair.

Or send m/b to vibros or me for a repair.

It would be the fastest solution for sure, but you know, I would like to get the satisfaction of fixing it myself :)
Or at least, i would like to participate in the repairing activity... are you passing by Turin sometime?
See you,
torusam

- - - Updated - - -

amiga3000_kickromchips.jpg

I have advertised a pair of KS 3.1 ROMs for the Amiga 3000, they are 40.68.

AFAIK, 40.70 does not exist for A3000.

See: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?79133-KS-3-1-ROMs-for-Amiga-3000-3000T

By the way, the above picture is take from my a3000 board. Both ROM chip are not original, and are of type 27C220.
Why this A3000 hasnt the original chip rom, but instead it has some ripped v40.70 version, i have no clue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom