Not open for further replies.

Beavis

Rating - 96.7%
59   2   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
South
I fired up my C-64 few days ago, and since being spoilt for a long time with crispy clear screens, I noticed some vertical stripes which kind of annoyed me.
So I went searching on the net, and found a solution, I built it, and it seems to work a treat, my screen is now stripe free.:)
My C-64 wasn't that bad, but still unacceptable, will make some pics later, since making pics of a CRT screen is not the easiest thing to do.
Will post a pic though of one I found on the net, and that really looks horrible.:eek:

To cut a long story short, I'm planning on making these devices, and the price will come down to ~15 Euro, the output is SVHS, aka. Y/C.
It will have to be soldered on the board though, and depending on the revision, it can be easy, or not so easy, I can take that burden off your hands for a reasonable fee, but shipping could be a bummer.

Anyway, if there are some takers, I can get the wheels in motion, and please don't hesitate to ask some questions, or come up with suggestions.

6854985697_fd5d2eaf8e_b.jpg

Sounds interesting, can you provide some more detail on what this is actually doing? Will this improve video quality generally?

-(e)

Sounds interesting, can you provide some more detail on what this is actually doing? Will this improve video quality generally?

-(e)
That all depends on multiple factors, because there are many revisions.
If your 64 doesn't have the issue, then I'd let it go (if it ain't broken, don't fix it), removing the modulator could also improve quality, but then the composite output would also be void, since the modulator composes the 2 signals to composite.

is it usefull for horizantal stripes?
Don't think so, you might post a pic of your screen.

Here is the original thread, so you know what it's all about.

http://www.forum64.de/wbb4/index.php?thread/40333-vertikale-streifen-bei-lcd/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom