Castle IYONIX XSCALE 600 Mhz RISC OS computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archimedes

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Country
France
This is a rare IYONIX computer (codename 'Tungsten') manufactured by Castle Technology Limited.
This is a RISC OS machine with at its heart an XSCALE processor running at 600 Mhz.

Description :
IYONIX running the latest RISC OS (Upgraded last week by flashing with the latest firmware from RISC OS OPEN https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/iyonix).
1 Gbyte RAM (This is rare, most of the time these machines have 256 kbytes or 512 kbytes, the exact memory type of RAM for these machines is very hard to find).
38 Gigabytes hard drive (no defect)
1 CD ROM unit
1 DVD ROM unit (it's got some difficulties to open and needs some help either with your finger or a small flat tool).
Fully working onboard Ethernet board (see connecting to the Net)
Crisp picture, no pyjama strips as commonly found on these machines
4 USB ports (2 at the front and 2 at the back) + front panel readers of various cards.

Booting up the system can require several trials, it is a common fault with the Iyonix machines.
I found it worked best when booting without the USB keyboard and mouse and then connecting them.

Many apps on the hard drive including ArtWorks 2
Lots of other utilities, and games or demos downloaded for previous Acorn 32 bit machines (Archimedes and RISC PC).
Latest version of Netsurf is installed.

Any question please ask.
Selling relunctantly because I'm moving soon and I realise I've got far too many Acorn 32 bit machines.
Bid with confidence.
I can provide some help once you bought the machine, being an Acorn enthousiast.

Asking : € 480 + shipping.

PLEASE NOTE : the monitor isn't for sale.
I SELL THE UNIT WITH THE MOUSE, AND EITHER A QWERTY or A FRENCH AZERTY KEYBOARD

I will ship to Europe (it includes the country where this brilliant computer comes from
icon_wink.gif
)

Shipping is €28 to France, €48 to the UK, and I'll charge €60 for other European countries and will refund the difference.
The item will be packed with the greatest care so it'll reach you in the best possible shape, and will be sent tracked, signed for and insured.

No returns accepted.
Cheque or Paypal (gift) for French buyers
Paypal (gift) only for non French buyers.

.DesktopScreen.jpgTower.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom