Not open for further replies.

oblivion

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Arizona
I'm looking for a PAL Amiga 600. I live in the USA ZIP 85251. Finding one locally would be great but I really would like a PAL version so I understand importing may be necessary.

Just need it to be in working condition and decent cosmetic shape.

compatibility, especially with WHDLoad. seems most of the Amiga games and whdload files out there are PAL versions. on all my Amigas many games just run way to fast. I've tried everything such as forcing my machines into PAL mode, degrader programs, all that stuff and nothing works. They always just play to fast. So that said i'd like to just get a PAL machine and not have to worry or mess with that issue anymore.

compatibility, especially with WHDLoad. seems most of the Amiga games and whdload files out there are PAL versions. on all my Amigas many games just run way to fast. I've tried everything such as forcing my machines into PAL mode, degrader programs, all that stuff and nothing works. They always just play to fast. So that said i'd like to just get a PAL machine and not have to worry or mess with that issue anymore.

This is incorrect. I have lots of Amigas, some PAL and some NTSC. If it has ECS, you can use PAL or NTSC very easily. You just need to know what you are doing. You can use the early startup menu or tools like "BootPAL" to force the Amiga to boot in PAL. In WHDLoad all you have to do is use the tooltype PAL!

I prefer NTSC Amigas in North America, as I can use a NTSC display and I prefer the faster 60Hz refresh as the games run faster.

This is incorrect. I have lots of Amigas, some PAL and some NTSC. If it has ECS, you can use PAL or NTSC very easily. You just need to know what you are doing. You can use the early startup menu or tools like "BootPAL" to force the Amiga to boot in PAL. In WHDLoad all you have to do is use the tooltype PAL!

I prefer NTSC Amigas in North America, as I can use a NTSC display and I prefer the faster 60Hz refresh as the games run faster.

I'm serious when I say I've done things like the early startup menu and it never worked for me. I'm not the only one either I've heard plenty of people with the same issue such as Clint from Lazy Game Reviews. On the other hand I've had people tell me like you have that those things work for them. I'm just at the point that I would rather have a PAL machine and not deal with it.

PAL Amiga 600 (to US)

OK the issue you have is you need to use a tool like BootPAL, it will force the machine into pal on the reboots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom