vladimpaler

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Dorset
For sale:

Boxed, and complete cartridge system for C64 and C128.

Take a look http://ar.c64.org/wiki/Expert_Cartridge if you are not quite sure what this system does. It is an aid to developers, disassemblers, and software copying.

This package contains much software as well as the cartridge itself:

The Expert v2.9
The Expert v3.2
The Expert v4.1R
Kracker Pack v1.2
Kracker Pack v2.0

All original disks.

The Expert.JPG

I will also include a box with approx. 18 disks with the same soft of cracking and copying software on them; all copies....how apt! I have tested some, and they all worked.

I have plugged the cartridge into a C128. It seems to do something - I froze the machine; and this stayed resident whilst the cartridge was plugged in; even after a reset. I am completely clueless to be honest; so I can't say I know it works for user; as I don't know enough to test thoroughly. Please keep this in mind.

I am looking for £55 plus carriage. The postage will be:

£10 to the EU
£15 to the USA
£8 to the UK

Pick up is welcome.
Offers are welcome; however preference will be given to the first person to offer my asking.

T+Cs

1) This unit is working; but I cannot offer any warranty on it. If I have misrepresented the item, we will work out a solution.
2) If paying via PayPal, please use friend option, or add 3.4%.

Last edited:
Expert cart is basically 8k ram that sits in the cart address space. (same as a normal cart game or simon's basic addon etc)

you put the cart switch in "program mode" switches the carts 8k ram into the C64 address space and you load 8k from disk (program the cart)

when programmed you switch the cart to "off" and as such switching the cart 8k out of the address space making it almost invisable to the system until you press the freeze button which causes the 8k to switch to the c64, saves the registers and program counter and jumps to the cart program.

I had one when I was 14 and the great thing is you upgrade your expert cart via software no other carts needed, also you can load sprite editing or sound editing programs into the cart so it's a sort of all in one system.

the disk system was great but I started out on the tape2tape so programing was a bit of a pain from tape :D

Many thanks for that explanation. It sounds fascinating....butvI do still remain clueless! I have to have an iPad with the commands open to use use the c128 at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom