Collector Extrodinaire
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Wilnis
I am selling my very complete Amiga 3000UX set, in great working order.

What you get:
Amiga 3000UX, case complete including the original beige case screws
Motherboard rev 9.01 in good condition, hardly any battery damage!
Kickstart 2.0 in ROM
2MB Chip RAM
8MB (ZIP) Fast Ram
1.2GB SCSI hard disk
A3070 tape drive
Original C= SCSI Terminator
The "pregnant" 3 button mouse
Keyboard with unknown layout (I believe German)
One original manual: "Installing Amiga Unix"

It comes installed with dual boot Amiga Unix v2.1c (latest Patch Level) and Workbench 2.0.
Included is a spare tape, prior to selling a Quarterback backup was run (incuding verify) to test the functionality of the drive and tape.
Whole setup works perfectly fine!

A3000UX-1.jpgA3000UX-2.jpgA3000UX-3.jpgA3000UX-4.jpgA3000UX-5.jpgA3000UX-8.jpgA3000UX-6.jpgA3000UX-7.jpgA3000UX-9.jpgA3000UX-10.jpg

Asking price € 899,- INCLUDING shipping within EUR1 zone, excluding paypal charges if not using gift.
ROW: Please contact me for shipping costs, as the maximum weight means it needs shipping in two seperate boxes.

Last edited:
Hello,
Do you have all the AMIX books, or only one book as in the picture?
What about the QIC 150 MB tapes that contain AMIX? Do you have only the tape for AMIX 2.1, or also the tape for AMIX 2.0?
What about the patch disks?
What about the Zorro cards that support AMIX?
- Does it come with A2065 Ethernet network card?
- Does it come with A2410 University of Lowell Graphics card?
Is it a Motorola 68030 running at 16 MHz, or the variant running at 25 MHz?
Does it come with a Floating-Point Unit (FPU) for the Motorola 68030?
Regards,
Pascal

Last edited:
The computer comes with original installation medias for the Amiga Unix and Workbench 2.0?

Can you explicitly review my list, and comment with Yes/No respectively, to avoid misunderstanding about the deliverables?
Thanks in advance :)

Where in Netherlands are you based? Close to Eindhoven?
Pascal

Do you have all the AMIX books, or only one book as in the picture?
Only the one manual shown.

What about the QIC 150 MB tapes that contain AMIX? Do you have only the tape for AMIX 2.1, or also the tape for AMIX 2.0?
What about the patch disks?
Not included, I am keeping these myself for my other UX machines.

What about the Zorro cards that support AMIX?
- Does it come with A2065 Ethernet network card?
- Does it come with A2410 University of Lowell Graphics card?
Not included

Is it a Motorola 68030 running at 16 MHz, or the variant running at 25 MHz?
Does it come with a Floating-Point Unit (FPU) for the Motorola 68030?
25Mhz 68030 including 68882 FPU.

I am based a good hours drive from Eindhoven.

Please remember that you must include the original media if you are selling this with installed software.

Please remember that you must include the original media if you are selling this with installed software.
I will format the Workbench partition if need be, however I will not delete the Amiga Unix partition, as that is what makes this machine what it is, a unique piece of history that came with Unix pre-installed.

If you find that against the rules, please close this thread and I will take my business elsewhere.

The Amiga Unix system (Amix) around 1991 is Proprietary Software and as such is under copyright of Commodore which no longer exists, but did the Licence also transfer to the more recent owners??

Proprietary software consists of software that is licensed by the copyright holder under very specific conditions. In general, you can use the software, but you are not allowed to modify the software or distribute it to others.

Last edited:
but did the Licence also transfer to the more recent owners??

I wish anybody good luck in finding (let alone getting an answer from) the current owner. :roll:
And what exactly counts as "distribute to others"? Re-selling for profit? Transfering ownership of the software with the machine it came with?

My personal thought are that UNIX/Linux is free & commodore simply compiled an out dated version back in 1991 to 68k then bundling it pre-installed on the 3000ux.

As the current owners of commodore do visit this site I'm just following what's best for Amibay. We all know kick-start & Amiga OS is still sold & under licence but what about Amix ?

Did it come pre-installed without installation media? In that case, it should be considered part of the machine.

Amiga 3000UX came with unix installed, its license and media was part of the bundle. If the owner lost the media, it doesn't mean he lost the license. All he has to do is ask commodore for new media and pay what they ask for a replacement media.

Last edited:
How you ask Commodore for new media?

You might as well ask a random tree, you're probably more likely to get an answer from that than to find whoever owns the right to Amiga Unix.

It will be a sad day when the last official copy of Amiga Unix dies, because then nobody can sell his Amiga Unix machine on Amibay anymore :(
</sarcasm off>

I think this compares to selling a PC with a license sticker on the side and Windows installed but with the physical installation media missing (or recovery partition). Would that be allowed here on Amibay?

Since all UX models came with a license, there is no doubt that it should be fine to include it in the sale, however perhaps Amibay's rules in this area might need an update. I agree on the rules that you should not sell software here without legal proof of ownership, be that original media, license stickers or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom