Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Canberra
Hiya,

2016-05-17 22_10_04-Zip Stik Super Pro Joystick _MINT from Retrogames.jpg

I'm kicking myself for missing the NOS ZipStiks sold here last year. I had no idea :(

I have a pair of ZipStiks but i love them so much that i've been looking around for a couple of years for one that's basically new. I've seen one or two on eBay from the UK but the postage cost was like 22+ pounds! I have no idea what is going on over there but i've had similar size/weight things sent from the UK for less than 10 pounds.

So if anyone's got one and have decided they don't want it, spare a thought for a poor Aussie has has to endure sunshine and boxing kangaroos and dropbears and such. (y)

I'm also interested in a Competition Pro - but only with auto/rapidfire. It does not need to be boxed and i'm not fussed about the colour - just the condition. Just on this, i've seen some with a spring and some with rubber, have people replaced the rubber or did some models come out with a spring? I'd much prefer the spring because i've seen some rubbers on some sticks get very stiff. I don't know much about these joysticks so feel free to contradict me about what is actually available.

Thank you for even considering it :)

I have about 5 Zip Sticks and the same number of Comp Pro 5ks (various types) available (just not listed) and I can have a look into postage etc if you PM me your details etc.

I am unsure what a triple fire Zip Stick is thou. I have only had one which didn't have an auto fire. It also had pads on the bottom instead of the usual suction cups. Some also only move in a square pattern (joystick movement extents ) where as others are circular (preferred).

On the CP5k front the original ones had rubber to centre the stick where as the later ones had a springs. I personally prefer the rubber ones and have not experienced them becoming stiffer over time (black and red ones, no auto fire other than my modified ones). I do have a clear blue spring one and a clear red rubber ones available (I have others but they do not have auto fire).

Any way I could go on all day about joysticks (I have to many) so get in touch if you are interested. They will be about £10 each (depending on model) excluding postage costs.

James

Last edited:
You are right, postage from UK to Australia for a small box under 1kg should be around £10. If you find one you like with expensive postage feel free to drop me a PM, I'd happily forward it on to you.

I have about 5 Zip Sticks and the same number of Comp Pro 5ks (various types) available (just not listed) and I can have a look into postage etc if you PM me your details etc.

I am unsure what a triple fire Zip Stick is thou. I have only had one which didn't have an auto fire. It also had pads on the bottom instead of the usual suction cups. Some also only move in a square pattern (joystick movement extents ) where as others are circular (preferred).

On the CP5k front the original ones had rubber to centre the stick where as the later ones had a springs. I personally prefer the rubber ones and have not experienced them becoming stiffer over time (black and red ones, no auto fire other than my modified ones). I do have a clear blue spring one and a clear red rubber ones available (I have others but they do not have auto fire).

Any way I could go on all day about joysticks (I have to many) so get in touch if you are interested. They will be about £10 each (depending on model) excluding postage costs.

James

G'day!

As mentioned, i have two of these joysticks (as pictured) and they have a rapidfire (or is it autofire?) switch/toggle on the corner of the base. I've learned that rapid or autofire is really a must with many arcade style shooters. I've not actually noticed a three different types of fire modes - only two - so i don't know what the triple fire is either, in reality.

Because i've never owned a CP5k, i'm not as fussed about autofire. My recollection of this joystick is at a friends house when i was about 13 and how incredibly responsive and comfortable it was to use. I'll PM you :) Thanks for getting back to me.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, postage from UK to Australia for a small box under 1kg should be around £10. If you find one you like with expensive postage feel free to drop me a PM, I'd happily forward it on to you.

Thanks for your kind offer, i'll have a hunt around if i'm not able to source something via AmiBay :)

Seriously - very kind of you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom