Not open for further replies.

Keir

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Country
England
Region
Cambridge
Designed for A2000 (Rev 6), A500 (Rev 6+) and A600.
Long reset (C-A-A) of 4 seconds or longer switches the Kickstart image.

The switch board sticks to the back of a 27C800 or 27C160 EPROM containing the multiple ROM images. I have available for sale:
1. Fully assembled & programmed (with your supplied ROM images!) - £10
2. Parts kits (PCB + components)
a. with no ROM - £2
b. with blank 27C160 ROM to program yourself - £3.50
c. with programmed 27C160 ROM (you must supply the ROM images to burn!) - £4

Postage for up to 5 items: £2 in the UK; £4 Worldwide. Tracked & insured is extra.

20_a500_hookup_paula.jpg

Assembly/installation instructions here: https://github.com/keirf/PCB-Projects/blob/master/docs/kickstart-switcher/README.md
Assembly of kit requires moderate soldering expertise. The kits are cheap practice however. :LOL:
For the fully assembled switcher you need to hook onto the reset line, either with a probe clip (pictured above) or by soldering (required on A600).

Last edited:
A500/600 Dual Kickstart Switcher - Assembled or Parts Kit

I understand it's for newer motherboards and won't work on a rev.4 Amiga 2000A (the one designed in Germany and based on the A1000), correct?

Last edited:
I understand it's for newer motherboards and won't work on a rev.4 Amiga 2000A (the one designed in Germany and based on the A1000), correct?

Yes, 2000A puts A18 on pin 31. So it's not suitable pin-out for 27C400/800/160 range of EPROM. Any Amiga that takes an EPROM without wiring bodges will take this switcher.

Hi Keir,

I'm interested in 3 kits " c. with programmed ROM - £4" I will PM you about payment etc.

Notice that you cannot sell programmed ROMs here due to copyright. If you flash the EPROM with an image supplied by the buyer, then that may be ok.

I just wanted to add, that I have purchased 3 of these kits from Keir (prior to him advertising them on here) and they are extremely good quality, very small form factor. They work really well (I have one in my CDTV already).

Allen1, Robofruit: Your items are in 1st class post today.

I missed this message somehow but I seen it when I came to say that the package has arrived today safe and sound (y)

I would like to assemble them as soon as possible but unfortunately there are some things that need doing before I get round to these :(
Nice professional looking circuit board, it should be fun soldering the parts on them :)

Thanks for the quick dispatch and for such a good quality product (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom