Not open for further replies.

A2000lab

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Hämeenlinna
Offered here is Amiga non-linear video editor card for analog video VLab / Motion V1.3 and MovieShop 3.6 editing program from MacroSystem for 250 EUR + shipping (or near offer). Item resides in Finland. Will ship to EU and other locations. Typical shipping for smaller parcels with tracking number is ~25 EUR within EU. I will charge the actual shipping cost for the destination.

PayPal or IBAN bank transfer accepted.

I am a new member but experienced seller and have 100% feedback on auction site. I would rather sell Amiga items here, if possible.

VLabMotionAmibay01.jpg

Interested pending questions. Sending PM.

Hello, thank you for the questions. I tried to reply in PM but it noted me that I need more posts before PM's could be sent, so I hope it is okay if I reply here. I will check shipping to United States with tracking. I am currently repairing one A2000 motherboard and if successful should be able to post images of the VLab / Motion working. It could take a day or two, however.

This card is best together with Toccata audio recorder, if one wants to capture audio for the video. I had it working both ways with and without audio. Without audio I used to output animations to video recorder.

I don't remember having printed manual for the card or software but the installation and usage are both straightforward and intuitive - there were no problems when the hard disk could capture at high enough bitrates.

Thanks, I've got no problem waiting for the additional pictures. If you look at the pictures here, it shows a manual for MovieShop and also one for the card. It's also showing 4 disks instead of 2 for an older version of MovieShop which you would think would be smaller than the later version.

http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=303

I've got a Toccata so that's no problem. Don't forget to make a post in the introductions area. That will help with your count.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if you want to be notified with an email when you receive private messages or new posts to threads you're subscribed to, there are settings to turn on in your profile that will enable this. To subscribe to a thread, you can use the thread tools at the top of the thread or there is another setting that will automatically subscribe you to a thread that you create or post to.

Thanks for the link and info. I now remember the printed manual for MovieShop 2.1 but unfortunately don't have it. I used to be MacroSystem sales guy and the printed manuals were a constant concern - either they were missing altogether or outdated. MovieShop 3.6 should work with the two disks, the other disks are for additional effects like wipes, dissolves etc. I have newer version of the software but it might work with the DraCo motion card only - will have to test that also.

Even without the manual the software is easy to use - it is quite modern non-linear editor resembling current editing software. It was possible to make a folder or bin for video clips and arrange play order, then drop the folder on the timeline.

I will get to work and see what the results could be.

Does the Toccata and VLab get physically connected somehow or is the "connection" made in software with MovieShop with video connected to VLab and audio to Toccata?

They are synced internally with a clock. No cable is connected between the cards. If the hard drive could capture video, the sync is perfect. Only if the capture settings are too high for the hard drive the sync could be lost. All current hard drives should be fast enough for video capture and editing, they were only barely capable in 1996. 3 Gb drive did not take many minutes of high quality M-JPEG video.

Another interesting thing is the bare connector on the card surface that was supposedly meant for RGB to YUV transcoder daughter card. This option was promised and it would have made the card broadcast worthy for outputting to Betacam SP. The promises for the option became less frequent until it became obvious that the card would never come. After that we expected this option for DraCo motion card for the exact same results - promises first that started to be less and less frequent.

They had decided to leave broadcast and concentrate on hobby and enthusiast market with Casablanca black box editing systems. What a shame it was, had they had just enough power to produce the YUV transcoder boards for VLab Motion and DraCo Motion, so many broadcast types would have instantly become Amiga video enthusiasts.

Cue a reply that says "Thanks" ! :LOL:

Last edited:
VLab / Motion V1.3 non linear editing card with MovieShop 3.6 editing software is still available. Now asking 200 eur or nearest satisfactory offer.

Shipping is 37 eur to USA and 25 eur anywhere in Europe (tracked).

Sorry it's taken so long to post the feedback. We've still been at the hospital for my wife. I did a laundry run home today and had some time to unpack a few things that I've bought here the last 3 months. 3 months of hospital food is so fun :) Sorry for the boilerplate feedback - my imagination isn't running high these days. I'm excited with all I've gotten and look forward to playing with it, hopefully soon.

This arrived in great shape and everything looks fine. Leaving positive feedback. Thanks!

Edit:

He's been an overflowing font of knowledge to help me with many MacroSystem products. I'm really glad to have met him here. His knowledge has been so helpful!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom