PDA

View Full Version : Sold Commodore 128

wilsonsamm
10th August 2010, 11:15
On offer I have a Commodore 128. It's not in a working state (at least I couldn't get a picture onto the screen) I don't know what the problem is, but maybe someone can restore it :-)

when it comes to cosmetics, there's a key missing from the keyboard (right arrow key, above INST DEL), but that's it I think.

I think I'll offer this at 5. But you can offer me a better (for me or you) price if you want.
PM me if interested!

davideo
10th August 2010, 11:16
As per your other thread - you must state an asking price.

Please update this thread at your earliest opportunity.

Dave G :cool:

fatbob_gb
10th August 2010, 11:59
I am interested - PM Sent

tokyoracer
10th August 2010, 12:01
2nd in line.

dabone
10th August 2010, 12:34
Just for info, if you don't get any screen please check the fuse in the power supply, if the fuse is blown the z80 wont be getting power (its powered from the 9v supply.) and no z80 means no boot.

I thought I had killed my 128 awhile back, checked it out with a meter and had +5 all over the board, but never thought to check the 9v and that was all it was.

Later,

Adix
10th August 2010, 12:59
3th in line.

Justin
10th August 2010, 13:03
isn't this asking for silent bids?

On offer I have a Commodore 128. It's not in a working state (at least I couldn't get a picture onto the screen) I don't know what the problem is, but maybe someone can restore it :-)

when it comes to cosmetics, there's a key missing from the keyboard (right arrow key, above INST DEL), but that's it I think.

I think I'll offer this at 5. But you can offer me a better (for me or you) price if you want.
PM me if interested!

chiark
10th August 2010, 13:12
Agreed, please read the rules: you sell it for the price you've advertised at, no gazumping! Please sell to Fatbob_gb (top bloke, bought a 128 of me too!) for 5 plus reasonable postage charges.

Also, you may find that the 40/80 column key is pressed and you're trying to show 80 column text on a TV or monitor... Worth checking!

wilsonsamm
10th August 2010, 16:04
Just for info, if you don't get any screen please check the fuse in the power supply, if the fuse is blown the z80 wont be getting power (its powered from the 9v supply.) and no z80 means no boot.

I thought I had killed my 128 awhile back, checked it out with a meter and had +5 all over the board, but never thought to check the 9v and that was all it was.

Later,

Did you have a flashing power light above the keyboard? And did your TV also flash (alternating between snowstorm and completely black) in unison with the power light?

Anyway: I've attached a picture

Merlin
10th August 2010, 16:11
@ All

:hijacked:

I appreciate the group huddle about possibly fixing this C128, but the thread is actually about wilsonsamm selling it.

You can all help fatbob_gb to fix it once he has received it.

fatbob_gb
15th August 2010, 14:02
Payment Sent. :)

fatbob_gb
18th August 2010, 12:52
Item arrived safely. Feedback left :D