Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hello forum Pals

Here's a blast from the past for you.

I'm looking for an Acorn Atom either Working or non-Working, but must be complete with all keys and Case plastics..

Now let's all have a good rumage around those lofts :LOL:

TC :cool:

I have one doing nothing. It was, last time I looked in good nick, and has it's psu and polys (no box tho)

do I mention a price or do you? etiquite yes, but I dont entirely know how much it's worth now. I do recall how much I paid a few years ago..

cheers Iain

I've sent thecorfiot a pm with details, he suggested I post a few pics of pron - here we go:

Its the base unit, psu, both polys ( bottom half a bit broken on one side but there) no box, an electron user tape with 26 programs on, the manual.

over to you! pm me, post, either way is good as long as in the rules.

:)

Attachments

• photo 2 (Large).JPG
    photo 2 (Large).JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 3 (Large).JPG
    photo 3 (Large).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
Iain,

Damn I thought my wish had come true, my friend you have a good example of an Acorn Electron.

I am however searching for n Acorn Atom, which was the precursor to the Acorn Proton or BBC Micro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Atom

You almost had me considering a swap for my Mint original purchase Memotech MTX 512.....

Thanks for your time & pctures but I guess my quest continues.

Best Regards
TC :)

@ iainjh

If you need a good case to repair that Electron you have, I have a dead one here with a good case that I am stripping for spares. You can have the case for the postage cost if you wish.

thecorfiot - oh no ! honestly, I knew there was a difference between an atom and an electron. god how dumb. How did I forget?.. I should have remembered that. The atom was one machine I lusted after after the UK101 /before I got my zx81. Good looking bit of kit.

sorry the cofriot for swerving this thread (I hope only temporarily)

merlin, thanks for the offer but this electron works great. thanks again.

Iain

It was and hope will coninue to be an absolute pleasure speaking with you, anytime (y)

@Merly--- I think the lighting in the pix is making the Elk look yellower than it really is. ;)

TC :cool:

yeah its not that yellow. I'd rate it 2 out of 5, on the white to bromide-yellow scale. blame yellow light and my iphone.

cheers guys.

@ TC

I was thinking that iainjh said the bottom of the case was cracked. If so, He can have this case as a replacement (it's the Elk with the yellow screen). The case is complete and in good condition and only a little jaundiced...

@ iainjh

The offer still stands if you want it.

thanks again Merlin, but not needed. Best save those for an electron user who needs them. My electron case is A-OK, (but the box packaging polys - one of those polystyrene halves has a chunk out of it, thats what i meant)

cheers again, gold star in the post :) ps wish I could send 'thanks' via the forum.. I'd be giving them out like.. gold stars

ta guys

Acorn Atom

I have an Acorn Atom that I am willing to sell. It has not been used since the 1980s and last time I plugged it into a tv set I could not tune it into a picture so I assume it is not working, although I can get it to beep by pressing CTRL G. I bought it new in 1979 assembled and from memory it has the floating bit arithmetic chip and full set of RAM together with an external power supply and printer interface socket. It is currently packed in the original box with manuals etc. I have some games that go with it. Please reply if interested. I have no idea what it is worth but it would be good if it can be used by someone rather than gathering dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom