PDA

View Full Version : Closed RGB - Scart cables

McVenco
24th September 2008, 19:42
I've got 5 RGB to Scart cables which I don't need (scandoublers all the way baby! :-D)

If anyone has the need for one, give me a shout. The connectors on some cables are a bit wobbly, but they all worked when I last tested them.

Asking 2,00 a piece plus shipping.

meega
24th September 2008, 20:03
I'll shout for one (or maybe two). Can you reserve/put it (perhaps them) on one side for me, please, McV. :)

McVenco
25th September 2008, 00:18
Two cables reserved for meega. Three more to go.

And just to make sure I do not misinform you guys: these cables are video signal only - there are no audio plugs on the Amiga side.

chiark
25th September 2008, 09:11
Always handy, can you put me down for one please? :)
(BTW, the 2286 arrived safely last week whilst I was away on business - thanks!)

McVenco
25th September 2008, 09:49
Always handy, can you put me down for one please? :)

Sure, PM me your details as I just have deleted a lot of PMs from my inbox :-)

(BTW, the 2286 arrived safely last week whilst I was away on business - thanks!)

Good to hear. Had any luck yet in getting it working?

scrappysphinx
25th September 2008, 16:47
Hey McVenco, I'll take 2 if you still have enough. Can you let me know how much postage to uk and i'll pay with paypal.

Thanks

Mike

McVenco
25th September 2008, 22:32
Hey McVenco, I'll take 2 if you still have enough.

Yep, there were 2 left so they're all gone now (pending definitive payment etc...)

Just a little thing (again): I already told meega via PM that it's been a while since I tested the cables and as I have no Scart monitor/tv to verify they all work I will just let them go for free - only shipping costs. I wouldn't want to charge anyone for something that might be faulty (my name's not Doomy :D)

scrappysphinx
25th September 2008, 23:39
Thanks McVenco. Payment sent via paypal.

Thanks

Mike

Harrison
26th September 2008, 00:38
Damn! Really needed one of these. If anyone drops out from a sale I would love one of these.

meega
26th September 2008, 00:43
I only really need one...

Kin Hell
26th September 2008, 17:00

Awwww! :mrgreen:

McVenco
26th September 2008, 18:51
Damn! Really needed one of these. If anyone drops out from a sale I would love one of these.

It seems meega will take just one then :-)

Cables are all spoken for now: meega (1x), chiark (1x), scrappysphinx (2x), Harrison (1x).

PMs will be sent to the appropriate people :-)

Harrison
27th September 2008, 08:33

Cheers meega. Much appreciated. :)

meega
10th October 2008, 14:19
SCART cable has arrived, thankee McV. :)

It didn't fit straight in (the SCART end needed some "tweaking" back to shape) and the picture is useless. :(

It might be worth a little "work" cleaning/checking contacts for security, possibly checking for continuity/isolation through the lead (which shows a bit of a hard life in one or two places) and maybe going direct into the TV rather than through a switch-box (but everything else works with the 'box). It's now on the list of projects, and I'm still using composite. ;)

scrappysphinx
10th October 2008, 14:59
Hey McVenco, the 2 scart cables arrived this morning.
Neither of them work but i'll take a look at the connections and see what i can master.

Thanks

Mike

Harrison
11th October 2008, 01:23
My scart lead arrived today too. I've not had chance to test it yet. Hopefully it will work.