AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
225   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Helsinki
Hi,

thought I'd do a bit of a summer cleanup. Here are two A600 systems I have put together over the years from failed systems and left over parts:

Unit 1 - 80€ plus shipping sold to Bebbo

More or less complete unit, with floppy drive, hard drive cradle etc. in place. Capacitors have been replaced with ceramic ones, I did this as a test and it seems to work absolutely fine. These certainly won't be leaking ever again :) Unfortunately there is a trace broken on the keyboard membrane somewhere; even after refreshing the connecting end not all the keys work (I think it was the top row with the numbers that doesn't work, not sure now). This may or may not matter to you, for playing games with a joystick it probably won't be an issue. But if it is, new membranes are available from SellMyRetro. As far as outward appearance goes, the unit is a bit kissed by the sun but otherwise no major dings or dents (most clips are unfortunately gone, as tends to be the case with many of these). I will leave retrobrighting up to the buyer :) A set of Workbench floppies is included, although to be frank they don't work so well. Still, nice to have the originals!

a600_1a.jpg

a600_1b.jpg

a600_1c.jpg

Unit 2 - 80€ plus shipping sold to skry

This second unit is missing a few more parts, although it is still functionally complete and works fine. The metal shielding was beyond salvage and is gone, also the LED board is missing. As with the first unit, the keyboard membrane has some contact problems and most likely needs to be replaced to get all the keys to work. The board was a victim of bad recapping, which I have now fixed. This board uses regular good quality electrolytics, except in the critical reset circuit where I have used a ceramic capacitor instead. The RF modulator on this unit is also gone, but who uses those anyway ;) Some screws may also be missing.

a600_2a.jpg

a600_2b.jpg

Shipping

The units weigh in at a little over 2 kilograms, so the postage will be somewhere between €25 and €50 depending on the destination. The zone table is too long to copy here so please refer to this document from our postal service to check where your country is in this regard.

Payment is welcome via Paypal (friends payment, or additional 4%) or IBAN transfer.

Last edited:
Unit #2 sold to skry, still waiting to hear from VGimeino or his friend :)

Received payment from Bebbo, and the system has been shipped. Everything in this thread is now sold :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom