Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
And they are BACK!!!!!

I have for your perusal here another Amibay Exclusive,
May I present the TC Hot-rodded BBC Model B 64K.

The Casing is in superb condition with no cracks, the function key strip is fully intact, there are no School markings and the case still has it's trademark cream colouring.
This is one of the best condition machines I have come across for a while.

It's an Issue 7 (final board) with the cool running Video Processor & in pretty good condition, lovingly cleaned and restored.

It is also fitted with the std Acorn 8271 Floppy Disc Interface which provides 100% compatibility with all Acorn BBC Model B software formats.

64K RAM you ask, Well the system has 32K RAM as std but I have modified the board and added 32K Sideways RAM as Banks F & B. similar use as to the Master series.

The mainboard has the std 16K v1.20 MOS ROM but also a custom 64K ROM in addition that holds.

1 Acorn Basic 2
2 Acorn 8271 DFS, includes form & verify & support for some older 3.5" drives
3 Acorn Graphics Extension ROM, Provides enhanced capabilities.
4 ARM, Advanced ROM Manager --- For Sideways RAM Housekeeping + more very useful tools

There is also an additional 16K ROM fitted containing the MMFS filing system for the MMC SD Card Storage device.

So in total 96K ROM firmware out of the box.

And...............you still have 1 Empty ROM socket left for whatever else you would like to plug in.

This upgrade is non obtrusive & invisible, it does not use any xtra boards.

The Power Supply has been fully refurbished as has the whole machine & all ports tested except UHF output..

Also Included Is a High Speed MMC SD Card Storage solution with User Port Connection Cable.
This amazing device allows instantaneous loading and saving of all software including sideways ROMs and comes with a Preformatted and loaded SD Card containing a Menu System and comprehensive Software archive.

I decided against fitting the MMC device internally as the Machine is in such good condition I couldn't bring myself to mod it, it also allows the owner the freedom of using the MMC device with any other Acorn BBC machine they may have.

A Resource CD is also included with Full Software Library, all required Tools & Manuals.

Asking £150 UKP & p&p of £12.00 via UKMAIL 24 / sorry but EU only.
Buyer to pay Fees or paypal gift.

Options

Standard cased Mitsubishi 80 Track 5.25" Drive with 34way ribbon & PSU adapter brick...Use with 8271 or 1770 DFS
Cost - £20

Any questions please fire away... With Sideways Ram Capability, 64K Sideways Rom support this is a very flexible and powerful machine, ready to plug in & go :laugh:

TC :-D

Pictures to follow..

Attachments

• DSC01409.jpg
    DSC01409.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC01410.jpg
    DSC01410.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01412.jpg
    DSC01412.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01416.jpg
    DSC01416.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC01417.jpg
    DSC01417.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC01419.jpg
    DSC01419.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01413.jpg
    DSC01413.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01414.jpg
    DSC01414.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01422.jpg
    DSC01422.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01421.jpg
    DSC01421.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 0
I just read you only ship to Europe. Sorry...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pity it's a EU only sale (Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge).

Gotta run, I hear the moderators coming...

If you are happy to pay the shipping to the US my friend then I am quite happy to send it. I have sent quite a few A500's over in recent times :)

I am so amazed no one has snapped this beauty up... she is in very clean condition.

Have now upgraded the 64K ROM to v4 release for Full IDE Interface support.
Also Wired in Power cable for IDE Interface for easier future upgrade.

+ Free RGB Scart Cable worth £10

Lower asking Price of £135

Thx :)

And I finally got home from Mississippi today and opened up your package. It looks great, and it made it here in great shape! Thanks!

And positive feedback left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom