AmiBayer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Country
UK
Region
Leeds
Hi,

I am looking for an A7000+ or RiscPC 600 or something like that to play around with. UK preferably and if needs be with a keyboard/mouse (cant remember if they work with PS/2 mice or not).

Thanks

Dan

(cant remember if they work with PS/2 mice or not).
Hi Dan. It can use any PS/2 PC keyboard but mice are Acorn specified only. However you can get converters but just like anything (that is for retr0 computers), it won't be great value.

Best of luck mate.

Thanks for that.

In fact i would be interested in a another model so long as it had a HDD or I could add one easily and had the mouse with it:).

Dan

Not sure if the A7000+ has the same ports as the A7000 (I only have the latter), but the earlier, non-plus hardware uses standard PS/2 for both keyboard and mouse (I routinely swap over the PS2 mouse and keyboard from my SGI workstations to the Acorn and back - lack of desk room!.. I should really get a KVM....).

Not sure if the A7000+ has the same ports as the A7000 (I only have the latter), but the earlier, non-plus hardware uses standard PS/2 for both keyboard and mouse (I routinely swap over the PS2 mouse and keyboard from my SGI workstations to the Acorn and back - lack of desk room!.. I should really get a KVM....).
Sorry yeah both A700 and 'Plus' models have standardized PS/2 ports. The RiscPC has only the keyboard as a standard PS/2. Just to make that more clear. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom