PDA

View Full Version : Closed Commodore (Amiga) CRTs

da9000
6th October 2008, 03:57
Edited again since listed monitors have been sold.

Update:
I have some more Commodore/Amiga CRTs (3x1084 and 2xMultiSync). All in good working condition. $100+shipping each, or possible trade for other Amiga hardware.

luff
7th October 2008, 19:02
how much for shipping the 2002 to norway, europe?

McVenco
8th October 2008, 09:19
how much for shipping the 2002 to norway, europe?

You *ARE* aware that these monitors will not work in Norway, right? Unless you have a 110-220 Volt transformer.

Besides, shipping costs will probably be higher than the costs for a flickerfixer and a cheap LCD monitor :-D

Huggies
8th October 2008, 13:30
Could you please let us know how much to get a 1080 shipped to Brisbane, Australia please ? I might be interested depending on the costs involved as I wouldn't mind one for my 1000.

da9000
8th October 2008, 23:15
Sorry guys, as stated in the original text and repeated by McVenco, these only work at 110volts. If you have a step-down transformer or converter (or if you're the hacker type and just replace the power supply section) then you can use them in your respective countries... If you're still interested, let me know and I'll check shipping to your respective countries.

Hmmmm, McVenco. That reminds me...

da9000
8th October 2008, 23:20
Besides, shipping costs will probably be higher than the costs for a flickerfixer and a cheap LCD monitor :-D

Not true actually. They'are not that heavy and there's no decent flicker fixer that's under $150 USD. To ship to Norway something that's 35lbs (that's a guess - these CRTs could be 25lbs - I need to weigh them to find out), it costs around $130 via USPS priority mail. That's around 95euro. There's no way you can buy an LCD and a flicker fixer for 95euro mate!

Huggies
9th October 2008, 03:00
Sorry guys, as stated in the original text and repeated by McVenco, these only work at 110volts. If you have a step-down transformer or converter (or if you're the hacker type and just replace the power supply section) then you can use them in your respective countries... If you're still interested, let me know and I'll check shipping to your respective countries.

Yes I am well aware of this voltage difference. Do you think the fact we run on 50Hz here in Australia and you guys running on 60Hz would make a difference ? I can get a step down transformer but it will be 110Volt @ 50Hz. Going by what you say about the monitor it should be able to handle 50hz if it can handle a PAL signal.

Kin Hell
9th October 2008, 19:30
Going by what you say about the monitor it should be able to handle 50hz if it can handle a PAL signal.

Exact-a-mundo. PAL is 50Hz, NTSC is 60Hz. The USA & Aisa opted for 60Hz. More scan lines. :)

meega
9th October 2008, 19:49
Most of Asia does not use NTSC - Japan and Taiwan do. Link (http://www.vidpro.org/standards.htm)

da9000
9th October 2008, 19:52
@Huggies:

Sorry I repeated the info - some people don't read and I wanted to make sure you'd know :-) Anyhow, to the best of my knowledge it should work fine with a step down @ 110volts and 50Hz. And, yes, I tested PAL modes (on an American machine, which should be the same 50Hz as Euro models) on it to make sure it worked (Believe me: I saw the damn flicker on the screen that all 50Hz screens show. But arrrggg, you guys get more scan lines!). Anyways, If you want to send me some postal code for down under I can check on the shipping costs for you.

EDIT: Taiwan too? Thanks meega! I'll add that to the post. Do we know ANY Amiga users in Taiwan? I would be interested to know. I know we have some in Japan, mostly ex-pats (ex-patriots), who are big Amiga-heads.

meega
9th October 2008, 20:00
Vietnam do as well, but I think that's more a legacy of American "involvement" in the area rather than any positive decision in that standard's favour by the country concerned (they also use SECAM).

Japan and Taiwan were the big economies of Asia in the last two or three decades, so they counted above their size in many people's minds.

da9000
9th October 2008, 20:39
Totally agreed. I'm sure the Vietnamese probably just took over the US army's infrastructure as they were kicking the US army's ass out of their own damn country that the USA invaded unfairly! At least they got something from it: crappy ol' NTSC and cheap appliances :-)

Speaking of Vietnam and Taiwan, it'd be uber-awesome to know if there are any Amiga users out there :-) Anyone know of anyone?

leytond
5th January 2009, 19:16
have ya got any of those left email me details to removed address by TC .
chears.

TheCorfiot
5th January 2009, 19:34
@leytonD

Please read my response to yout post on the previous thread you started.

I really would recomend reading up the Amibay rules & policies before you continue posting here.

Best Regards
TC :wink: