PDA

View Full Version : Closed Commodore Gaming Cases

Marc
2nd September 2010, 11:32
I have one of these cases left now. It comes with a 550watt Ice Cube PSU which have a peltier style cooler (see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZOvDdKG2Yg) the case also has a 25cm LED fan and smaller LED fan at the front. The case also have some acoustic foam fitted.

Case come boxed.

Can offer these now for 55 including UK postage. payment as pp gift or + fee

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2810/imag0228j.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2694/imag0229.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8417/imag0230w.jpg
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/909/imag0231b.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1530/imag0232b.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1708/imag0233c.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4109/imag0240.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5455/imag0234t.jpg
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2281/imag0235u.jpg

fitzsteve
2nd September 2010, 11:39
Wow that is tempting, shame I'm spent up for the month - also a shame you cant Tower an A1200 in there. That would awesome :D

Good luck with your sales mate, oh and if I find 45 down the back of the Sofa I'll hit you up!

Steve.

scrappysphinx
2nd September 2010, 11:39
i could be interested but a little low on funds at the moment. is there anything you'd be looking for trade wise?

Mike

Marc
2nd September 2010, 11:43
Wow that is tempting, shame I'm spent up for the month - also a shame you cant Tower an A1200 in there. That would awesome :D

Good luck with your sales mate, oh and if I find 45 down the back of the Sofa I'll hit you up!

Steve.

Yeh I'd like an A1200 in one of these babies too! I was considering offering a free case to anyone who wants to mod two :) But I'll have to think about that

i could be interested but a little low on funds at the moment. is there anything you'd be looking for trade wise?

Mike

I can add cash for a Bvision PPC

scrappysphinx
2nd September 2010, 11:50
@Wasagi, sorry don't actually have anything PPC, got rid of them last year, i wasn't impressed lol

I guess i'll have to take my chances at whether you have one left when i finally get some cash sorted.

Mike

Seaside
2nd September 2010, 11:53
As far i can see from the photos these can house a PC system too.

Can i have a shipping quote to Greece please ?

How many are avalable ?

Marc
2nd September 2010, 12:02
As far i can see from the photos these can house a PC system too.

Can i have a shipping quote to Greece please ?

They are ATX PC Cases so they can house a PC system, that's what they were designed for.

If paid for today the postage would be 30. If paid for later than that it would be 50. Reason being that I am on holiday this week so can do courier collections. Next week I am back at work so post office only!

Same does apply to UK buyers also. If bought today I can offer 10 postage, if later will be the normal 15 for same reason as above.

Seaside
2nd September 2010, 12:07
OK so what's total for one of them to Greece ?

45 pounds + 30 pounds ?

Marc
2nd September 2010, 12:09
OK so what's total for one of them to Greece ?

45 pounds + 30 pounds ?

+ paypal fees, yes.

Seaside
2nd September 2010, 12:13
OK and something else.

Which service are you gonna use ?

Fedex ? Or Parcelforce ?

P.S. These are brand new, correct ?

Mad_Cat_jr
2nd September 2010, 12:13
Is there a possibillity to swap with a Amiga 1200?

Marc
2nd September 2010, 12:17
OK and something else.

Fedex ? Or Parcelforce ?

I would be using parcel force. These are factory fresh and brand new. They smell amazing!

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Is there a possibillity to swap with a Amiga 1200?

Im afraid not. The postage also would be a killer for a swap!

Seaside
2nd September 2010, 12:21
OK and something else.

Fedex ? Or Parcelforce ?

I would be using parcel force. These are factory fresh and brand new. They smell amazing!

OK,count me in for one piece. PM me your paypal address and find out (if you

have time of course) if can you send it with Fedex (cauz) they are more

accurate and on-time.

Marc
2nd September 2010, 12:24
OK and something else.

Fedex ? Or Parcelforce ?

accurate and on-time.

Here are the postage prices available with different carriers:

http://www.parcel2go.com/Quote-page.aspx?m1=60&m2=30&m3=60&w=12&cm=1&dest=GR&col=GB&qty=1

Let me know which one you choose.

Seaside
2nd September 2010, 12:27
@Wasagi you have a PM.

Marc
2nd September 2010, 12:35
PM replied.

scrappysphinx
2nd September 2010, 17:10
interested in one, pm sent to Wasagi and he has agreed to hold one for me till next Friday.

Mike

Mad_Cat_jr
2nd September 2010, 18:18

accurate and on-time.

http://www.parcel2go.com/Quote-page.aspx?m1=60&m2=30&m3=60&w=12&cm=1&dest=GR&col=GB&qty=1

From this site i can send a parcel from UK to Holland for less than 15 pounds with DHL worldwide express.
Or less than 20 pound with Fedex.
What do they mean with those prices?
i wanna have 1 case if the postage is for less than the 30 pounds you said.
Thx.

Marc
2nd September 2010, 22:11

accurate and on-time.

From this site i can send a parcel from UK to Holland for less than 15 pounds with DHL worldwide express.
Or less than 20 pound with Fedex.
What do they mean with those prices?
i wanna have 1 case if the postage is for less than the 30 pounds you said.
Thx.

The parcel postage prices to Holland for the dimensions and weight are here:

http://www.parcel2go.com/Quote-page.aspx?m1=60&m2=30&m3=60&w=12&cm=1&dest=NL&col=GB&qty=1

But as I said for this option it would need to be today otherwise I cannot use this method.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Added internal picture. Just to everyone know Seaside has requested reservation of one case instead of immediate purchase.

Mad_Cat_jr
2nd September 2010, 22:18
Pm sent , i want one.

Marc
2nd September 2010, 22:24
Replied with 2 PMs. Please check both before paying as the second has some more info!

Skilgannon
2nd September 2010, 22:25
Wasagi - got any left?

Registering interest if you do. Do you know if you can still get the c-kin for it?

Cheers

John

Marc
2nd September 2010, 22:33
Wasagi - got any left?

Registering interest if you do. Do you know if you can still get the c-kin for it?

Cheers

John

Have a few of these no worries. I can get you C-kin for it. Not sure on price. Send me a PM

Mad_Cat_jr
2nd September 2010, 22:38
Replied with 2 PMs. Please check both before paying as the second has some more info!

Payment is allready done.
pm sent.

Skilgannon
2nd September 2010, 22:47
Wasagi - got any left?

Cheers

John

Have a few of these no worries. I can get you C-kin for it. Not sure on price. Send me a PM

Sending PM mate

John

Mad_Cat_jr
2nd September 2010, 22:55
Wasagi - got any left?

Cheers

John

Sending PM mate

John

Here are the C-kins

http://www.commodoregaming.com/pcshop/C-Kin/Examples+3D.aspx

Marc
2nd September 2010, 23:10

Payment is allready done.
pm sent.

Payment received. Collection arranged.

Marc
3rd September 2010, 10:09
Wasagi - got any left?

Cheers

John

Bad news. I can get the Commodore Breadbin Skin, but its looking at 50 just for the skin :s

Ed.D
3rd September 2010, 11:20
Hi Wasagi, couple of questions if I may...?

1. What's the internal height of the case. Would an A1200 mainboard fit if the PSU were removed?

2. How is the backplane attached, screwed or riveted? and is it a seperate piece or folded from one of the other surfaces?

Cheers,
Ed.

Marc
3rd September 2010, 11:55
Hi Wasagi, couple of questions if I may...?

1. What's the internal height of the case. Would an A1200 mainboard fit if the PSU were removed?

2. How is the backplane attached, screwed or riveted? and is it a seperate piece or folded from one of the other surfaces?

Cheers,
Ed.

Absolute internal height in there is 42cm
Absolute internal length 45cm

Obviously there are drive bays and psus to contend with!

The backplate is a separate piece that appears to be riveted in 4 positions.

Ed.D
3rd September 2010, 13:24
Ok Thanks Wasagi,

Will PM you now.

Cheers,
Ed.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

45.00 + 15.00 postage sent via Paypal for 1 case.

Will have a go at modding this for my A1200. Can I call it an X1200 and claim copyright on the name? :D

fitzsteve
3rd September 2010, 13:31
Will have a go at modding this for my A1200. Can I call it an X1200 and claim copyright on the name? :D

Awesome - take lots of pics :nod:

Skilgannon
3rd September 2010, 13:36
Hi Wasagi,

Payment sent mate - thanks :)

John :thumbsup:

Marc
3rd September 2010, 13:47
Payment received from ed and skill. Cases will be sent tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Ok Thanks Wasagi,

Will PM you now.

Cheers,
Ed.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

45.00 + 15.00 postage sent via Paypal for 1 case.

If you do manage the mod let me know. I may require your services!

Ed.D
3rd September 2010, 14:22
Cool, thanks for the quick turnaround Wasagi. :bowdown:

@FtizSteve Re: the mod and pics and stuff. It may take some time as I need to source a Mediator 1200 TX and fabricate a custom back-plane to fit the layout.

Regarding any modding services. I can't really offer this sorry, I'm not a company or anything (I'm actually between jobs at the moment,(damned HP WFR!)).

However if/when I make a drawing of the layout I'll be happy to share it with the folks here.

Regards,
Ed.

HeZoR
3rd September 2010, 16:03
Interesting case. Is the shipping to Greece same valid till Monday?
I can't make any transanctions till then.
I can design a 3d model for this case and then sent it for lazercut in inox metal if it fits, drilling holes and flanging is another thing though.
Oh and does it include only one heatsink? (the one with a fan attached to the psu that works like a cpu cooler)

Marc
3rd September 2010, 16:18
I'm afraid the cheaper shipping option was only yesterday. It comes with 2 fans + the peter style cooler. This does not mount on the CPU

HeZoR
4th September 2010, 07:43
I'm afraid the cheaper shipping option was only yesterday. It comes with 2 fans + the peter style cooler. This does not mount on the CPU

How many do you have left?
The shipping costs are too high for Greece

HeZoR
4th September 2010, 19:46
I came across this, I couldn't resist not to share it:
http://www.cybernetman.com/cart/viewProduct.cfm?productId=2
Yes, it's the commodore desktop without the sticker :)

dj.echo
4th September 2010, 21:23
interested in one:thumbsup:

Amigarobbo
4th September 2010, 22:22
I fancy one, still got any left? \

Marc
4th September 2010, 23:21

How many do you have left?
The shipping costs are too high for Greece

interested in one:thumbsup:

I fancy one, still got any left? \

Cases are still available. Received PM from robbo, will PM DJ echo.

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Skils and Eds case sent today.

Cloudane
4th September 2010, 23:55
Sorry not declaring interest (VERY tempting mind!) but just to say if you can figure out how to reliably and repeatedly mount an A1200 in there people will bite your hand off including myself :thumbsup: (Seems they are already, but it's worth a try haha!)

Ed.D
5th September 2010, 08:08
Just wondering... what happened to Commodore Gaming PC's? Are they no longer made? I see that the Commodore gaming website only appears to offer stuff for the IPhone, Wii and the new C64 Experience.

Amigarobbo
5th September 2010, 08:37
Sorry not declaring interest (VERY tempting mind!) but just to say if you can figure out how to reliably and repeatedly mount an A1200 in there people will bite your hand off including myself :thumbsup: (Seems they are already, but it's worth a try haha!)

Still good for Pegasos(es), SAMs, Intel-thingies for AROS/Amithlon, or even X1000 :whistle:

I know it's not quite the same thing, but...

Marc
5th September 2010, 09:49

To be honest, I don't have the facilities to do this repeatedly so I'm afraid this won't be an option.

Just wondering... what happened to Commodore Gaming PC's? Are they no longer made? I see that the Commodore gaming website only appears to offer stuff for the IPhone, Wii and the new C64 Experience.

Commodore ceased their production gaming PCS instead focusing on their C64 game licences (wii, iphone etc)

Still good for Pegasos(es), SAMs, Intel-thingies for AROS/Amithlon, or even X1000 :whistle:

I know it's not quite the same thing, but...

Exactly my thought, now to justify the cost!

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

I've sent three people my paypal address and one person has paid last night, but not confirmed by PM. Could you please PM me with the paypal account name that you used to pay last night!

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

Have confirmed amigarobbo made the payment. Thanks!

Skilgannon
5th September 2010, 22:29
Wasagi - just for laughs - the wife DID NOT as expected appreciate me buying a new case for my PC that's already in a case. I made the argument that the 550W power (over the current 750w) supply would make up the cost over the year, and it's greener (that old chestnut!) and she pretty much bought it LOL :thumbsup:

I'm sure there is a difference but I reckon over the year it's probably less than 10 but hey ho :)

J

Marc
5th September 2010, 22:30
The "This one will be quieter" always works a treat also.

Wasagi - just for laughs - the wife DID NOT as expected appreciate me buying a new case for my PC that's already in a case. I made the argument that the 550W power (over the current 750w) supply would make up the cost over the year, and it's greener (that old chestnut!) and she pretty much bought it LOL :thumbsup:

I'm sure there is a difference but I reckon over the year it's probably less than 10 but hey ho :)

J

Skilgannon
5th September 2010, 22:39
Yeah - I flung that in as an after note but given I already spent about 60 on noiseless cooling for the processor, case and video card I think she ignored that hehe. I swear, this is the last time I buy a "branded" machine. I never used to! I always (for about 13 years or so!) always built my own but as time got more restricted and willingness got less I started buying Dell XPS Outlet machines then this current Mesh Slayer one which I ended up spending more on quieting it down etc which really eat into the "effort time / cost" basis - I might as well have just bought the components again lol! Looking forward to the case mate as It'll feel better to have a more "custom" machine again and I can start selling off the old thermaltake T1 case and original cooling components to recoup some of the cost :thumbsup:

J

Mad_Cat_jr
8th September 2010, 11:49
Case received today :thumbsup:

Only a pitty the box is heavy damaged with al that tape. :oops:
thought that i asked for be carefull with box, but the Case is without any visual scratches or such, and that what really counts, also for me :thumbsup:
Soon as i build new PC or maybe Amiga in the case then i'll make pictures.
Will give feedback tonight, as i did test the case

Marc
8th September 2010, 17:41

thought that i asked for be carefull with box, but the Case is without any visual scratches or such, and that what really counts, also for me :thumbsup:

Hi Mad Cat,

I am sorry, I too am a bit of a box purist. However, like most large cases, the case box has to double as the shipping container. I receive the cases and boxes separate and need to package them myself. I try to use as little tape as possible to ensure the item does not fall out! Restricting it to the top and bottom box flaps.

I did try to wrap the box in paper; however, with the paper I had and the size it looked like some child's project rather than something that would last the journey, so I discarded the paper.

If the box really is an issue of contention I can try to replace the cardboard box for you, but I am not confident that I can post it in such a way to ensure no scratching/tape marks occur.

Do you have a picture of how the cardboard box was received? It may be an issue I can take up with the courier on your behalf.

Mad_Cat_jr
8th September 2010, 19:00

Hi Mad Cat,

I am sorry, I too am a bit of a box purist. However, like most large cases, the case box has to double as the shipping container. I receive the cases and boxes separate and need to package them myself. I try to use as little tape as possible to ensure the item does not fall out! Restricting it to the top and bottom box flaps.

I did try to wrap the box in paper; however, with the paper I had and the size it looked like some child's project rather than something that would last the journey, so I discarded the paper.

If the box really is an issue of contention I can try to replace the cardboard box for you, but I am not confident that I can post it in such a way to ensure no scratching/tape marks occur.

Do you have a picture of how the cardboard box was received? It may be an issue I can take up with the courier on your behalf.

Don't bother the Box, the case is here.
But there is something with the case, 1 piece is broken from the frontpanel, just in the left corner, right the place where the case door is hanging.
So it's loose, i try it with some glue to fix it.
Otherwise i have to drill a little hole in the front and put a screw there.
I was wondering where the foam was, but you didn't have them.
I'm glad that the Case arrived here in Holland in such package and only 1 scratch and a broken frontpanel leg.
Next time more filling in the box :bowdown:

Ed.D
8th September 2010, 19:00
Received my case yesterday. Thanks again Wasagi. Feedback exchanged.

Very pleased with the case. The cycling LED sequence on the fans was a nice touch.

Modding info:
With the PSU removed I was able to fit my A1200 motherboard within the internal case height, with a Blizzard 1230/IV attached and a bit of room to spare. I have a Channel Z, Rev 1B mobo. I presume they're all the same size?. I think the mediator passthrough connector will extend it a bit more, but hopefully it'll be ok. My mediator is in the post so unable to check at the moment.

Skilgannon
8th September 2010, 20:31
Hey Wasagi - case arrived today :)

Will try and move the Mesh contents from my Dragon Slayer over tomorrow night. Will power it up first and make sure the PSU etc is fine then post feedback. Any idea where I might get an instruction manual for what all the front panel cables are for and also how to mount the cooling system please?

All looks great as well :)

Cheers

John

Marc
8th September 2010, 21:13

Hi Mad Cat,

Don't bother the Box, the case is here.
But there is something with the case, 1 piece is broken from the frontpanel, just in the left corner, right the place where the case door is hanging.
So it's loose, i try it with some glue to fix it.
Otherwise i have to drill a little hole in the front and put a screw there.
I was wondering where the foam was, but you didn't have them.
I'm glad that the Case arrived here in Holland in such package and only 1 scratch and a broken frontpanel leg.
Next time more filling in the box :bowdown:

You are being very understanding. Please PM so I can have a look and try and resolve this for you if I can.

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Received my case yesterday. Thanks again Wasagi. Feedback exchanged.

Very pleased with the case. The cycling LED sequence on the fans was a nice touch.

Modding info:
With the PSU removed I was able to fit my A1200 motherboard within the internal case height, with a Blizzard 1230/IV attached and a bit of room to spare. I have a Channel Z, Rev 1B mobo. I presume they're all the same size?. I think the mediator passthrough connector will extend it a bit more, but hopefully it'll be ok. My mediator is in the post so unable to check at the moment.

Glad you were happy with it!

Hey Wasagi - case arrived today :)

Will try and move the Mesh contents from my Dragon Slayer over tomorrow night. Will power it up first and make sure the PSU etc is fine then post feedback. Any idea where I might get an instruction manual for what all the front panel cables are for and also how to mount the cooling system please?

All looks great as well :)

Cheers

John

The cooling system simply slots into the underside of the PSU. Was there no manual in the cooling system box? I will take a look for a manual, I am not totally sure they come with them as this were not designed to be sold as retail cases, but sold as pre built systems. If I have any I will forward it on.

Mad_Cat_jr
8th September 2010, 22:02
PM sent

ThunderStorm81
9th September 2010, 09:06
PM sent

Marc
9th September 2010, 17:24
PM sent

Just to keep it transparent, Thunderstorm requested a shipping quote to germany.

Sadly as I have to use the post office atm for shipping (cannot be at home during the week to allow courier collections) shipping to most of Europe is 55. This price will not change until the end of October (when I have a week of work and therefore can be home for collections). This price also isnt helped by the size of the package which brings its volumetric weight up to 21kg (even though real weight is 15kg)

Shipping to other parts of the world outside of Europe will be >55

Skilgannon
9th September 2010, 20:37
Hey Wasagi - don't worry about the manual - I assumed that the size of the packaging - there would be more to it. There isn't :) I'll just plug it in and experiment with the cables from the front panel etc. It does look the "mutts nuts". Can't wait to see my glowing commodore log under my desk!

Now - I'll need to try and shift my thermaltake gaming chassis....

J

Jon Hare
9th September 2010, 20:40
If there is still one available I'm interested...PM sent

Marc
9th September 2010, 21:07
I will post here when I am down to a limited number (2) and when I have sold them all. Assume that I have these available :) PM replied.

If there is still one available I'm interested...PM sent

Skilgannon
11th September 2010, 15:24
Hey Wasagi - just thought I would drop you a note to say I got the contents of my Mesh Dragon Slayer into my nice new commodore case. PSU was too low power (only just) in the end. Probably the multiple hard drives and my 1gb ATI 4850 and Phenom processor as it wouldn't remain stable for more than an hour. Hey ho - put the slayer PSU in and it's fine (as you would expect lol). Anyway - just saying thanks for getting the case to me quickly and I'm loving the lit up commodore logo under my desk. My daughter thinks it's cool too :)

Feedback being left in a mo...

Cheers

John

Amigarobbo
11th September 2010, 17:23
Mine's turned up, daft question, but the front panel is supposed to have a inward curve on it?

Marc
11th September 2010, 18:06
Mine's turned up, daft question, but the front panel is supposed to have a inward curve on it?

Have PMd

Also just to let any international buyers know, I am able to offer a much cheaper rate of shipping this week as I am at home one day so can accept collections. Please PM me if you are interested in these cases internationally as the next time I can offer cheaper shipping is at the end of October!

Marc
15th September 2010, 18:37
Payment received from Thunderstorm and Jon Hare,

Last call for international buyers. Payment to be made today for collection tomorrow. Next opportunity to buy at reduced shipping is end of October!

Marc
18th September 2010, 22:24
Just an update for Jon and Thunder. The courier was meant to collect these on Friday (I waited in whole day, even putting off collecting my Bppc from post office until evening). Called courier 1 hour before close of delivery window (Driver can deliver until blah blah). No driver showed up. Checked status online (Failed collection, card left). Makes me angry they didnt even come!

I will speak to them monday and get these out ASAP.

Really sorry! Looks like will have to take day off or something!

Ed.D
19th September 2010, 00:58
Hey all, just wanted to mention that with an A1200 main board and mediator fitted inside this case, the side mounted fan is too large to allow re-fitting of the side panel. It hits the PCI cards (unless low profile PCI cards are used).

I've attached a few of the many images of the mod I'm doing.

@Wasagi, I'm not ure if I have a faulty PSU but it keeps cutting out. I am aware that ATX PSU's like to have a load attached to them but the cut out seems to be random after swithing on. Perhaps the electronics gurus on the forum can advise?

I won't be using the PSU for this case as 've fitted a micro ATX unit, but may use it for something else. I may have to contact you if it does turn out to be faulty.

Cheers,
Ed.

HeZoR
19th September 2010, 01:53
Hey all, just wanted to mention that with an A1200 main board and mediator fitted inside this case, the side mounted fan is too large to allow re-fitting of the side panel. It hits the PCI cards (unless low profile PCI cards are used).

@Ed: Excellent work!

I have some questions:
Did you sent the backpanel for lazercut ? Is it handmade or did you use a cad file?

Can you post more photos from the inside of pci retrofitting?

Ed.D
19th September 2010, 03:20
Hi Hezor, I'd better not hijack this thread (not too much anyway :)). I'll try to make a new "Mod" thread with more pics very soon.

I started off drawing a CAD model in Rhino 3D, but it was easier just getting a blank piece of material and fabricating the panel, a bit like Orange County choppers I suppose. I bought a blank piece of aluminium 500mm x 250mm and marked out the A1200 ports and PSU and fan holes. These were then chain-drilled and filed. It's not as accurate as I would have liked but I'm happy with it. The PCI slots were actually from an old PC case that I had, 8 slots in all. I still need to make a piece to hold the PCI cards at the opposite end to where they are screwed in.

Regards,
Ed.

ChrisUnionNJ
19th September 2010, 05:40
Still damn good work are you part machine??:nod::lol:

Chris :bowdown:

Marc
22nd September 2010, 17:56

Have you sent the bent panel yet? Let me know postage costs so I can cover you

Just an update for Jon and Thunder. The courier was meant to collect these on Friday (I waited in whole day, even putting off collecting my Bppc from post office until evening). Called courier 1 hour before close of delivery window (Driver can deliver until blah blah). No driver showed up. Checked status online (Failed collection, card left). Makes me angry they didnt even come!

I will speak to them monday and get these out ASAP.

Really sorry! Looks like will have to take day off or something!

These cases have now been shipped. Had to cheekily send them from work so please disregard unusual return address on label.

I've attached a few of the many images of the mod I'm doing.

@Wasagi, I'm not ure if I have a faulty PSU but it keeps cutting out. I am aware that ATX PSU's like to have a load attached to them but the cut out seems to be random after swithing on. Perhaps the electronics gurus on the forum can advise?

I won't be using the PSU for this case as 've fitted a micro ATX unit, but may use it for something else. I may have to contact you if it does turn out to be faulty.

Cheers,
Ed.

Let me know about PSU. I will rectify if there is a problem.

Still a number of these cases available!

Marc
26th September 2010, 20:35
Price + postage lowered

Marc
14th October 2010, 12:26
Have updated prices to include European shipping. Could this also be moved to the commodore section please?

r0jaws
14th October 2010, 12:34
As you wish, hope your new home is more comfortable. :)

Marc
18th October 2010, 16:22
Price drop

misfit
19th October 2010, 19:13
This is soo very tempting! :whistle:

Marc
19th October 2010, 20:42
This is soo very tempting! :whistle:

And only 60 including delivery to Sweden

Justin
19th October 2010, 20:43
what are the internal dimentions of this case?

Marc
19th October 2010, 20:48

That assumes the PSU is removed

Justin
19th October 2010, 20:50
does the psu take up much of the height available?

Marc
19th October 2010, 20:53
does the psu take up much of the height available?

I think Eds inside view picture in this thread (http://amibay.com/showthread.php?t=9670) gives a good idea of how much space is available. In fact the whole thread is a good read :)

fitzsteve
19th October 2010, 20:54

Anyone know the dimensions of an A4000 motherboard? I don't feel like opening my A4000 to measure the board! I'll probably break something.

Very tempted to try and get an A4000 Mobo in one of these :cool:

Marc
19th October 2010, 20:58

Anyone know the dimensions of an A4000 motherboard? I don't feel like opening my A4000 to measure the board! I'll probably break something.

Very tempted to try and get an A4000 Mobo in one of these :cool:

25cm wide by 35cm

Witcher1979
25th October 2010, 10:24
Hi

On the video it shows a 3rd fan just under the PSU, does this come with the 3rd fan as well?

Marc
25th October 2010, 10:24
Hi

On the video it shows a 3rd fan just under the PSU, does this come with the 3rd fan as well?

Yup, Its a peltier style setup. Basically its a heat exchanger with a fan attached.

Witcher1979
25th October 2010, 10:27
PM incoming :) I must have one :)

Marc
25th October 2010, 12:22

PM replied. Arrangement made.

Witcher1979
25th October 2010, 13:23

PM replied. Arrangement made.

:thumbsup: Looking forward to getting this baby.

Thanks again Wasagi :)

Witcher1979
25th October 2010, 16:02
Have now fully paid for this baby :D

Marc
25th October 2010, 16:02
Payment fully received. Will PM to arrange delivery

RED IMPACT
25th October 2010, 20:24
Hey, do you have any of these left for sale? If so I'll have one! :-)

Marc
25th October 2010, 22:40

Yes I do have some left. Sending PM

RED IMPACT
26th October 2010, 10:58

Yes I do have some left. Sending PM

Great, can you just answer the following for me please:

What are the external dimensions? - The internals dimensions have already been declared!

Marc
26th October 2010, 11:01
Sure things. Measurements in CMs:

50L x 43H x 20W

jurassicc
26th October 2010, 13:40
Interested PM on the way

Marc
26th October 2010, 14:16
Payment received. Will package and ship for Thursday.

Interested PM on the way

RED IMPACT
26th October 2010, 16:51

50L x 43H x 20W

Cheers for the info, ill need to pass for the time being as my donor pc is awol i.e. the sale fell thru.

Sorry! :(

Ill keep an eye on the thread tho

Witcher1979
26th October 2010, 18:09
Hey

Have sent a couple of PM's last night regarding Friday delivery but not heard anything. Bit of a pain for me as I like to know what's going on so I can arrange outings with the kids. You have been about most of the day as well so a little disappointed with no contact.

Can we just arrange Parcel2go.com as these are in cardboard boxes anyway. In fact I will just PM you my address as it will be easier to arrange the courier. If you could just PM me the tracking info that would be great.

Thanks sir :thumbsup:

Marc
26th October 2010, 21:41

50L x 43H x 20W

Cheers for the info, ill need to pass for the time being as my donor pc is awol i.e. the sale fell thru.

Sorry! :(

Ill keep an eye on the thread tho

I have some cases left, hope you find a new donor soon!

Hey

Have sent a couple of PM's last night regarding Friday delivery but not heard anything. Bit of a pain for me as I like to know what's going on so I can arrange outings with the kids. You have been about most of the day as well so a little disappointed with no contact.

Can we just arrange Parcel2go.com as these are in cardboard boxes anyway. In fact I will just PM you my address as it will be easier to arrange the courier. If you could just PM me the tracking info that would be great.

Thanks sir :thumbsup:

Sorry for the miscommunication, It was a case of thinking I sent a reply when I didn't. I even considered the wording etc, must have seen something shiny before sending!

Just to inform the thread, Jurassicc has expressed interest in a second case

jurassicc
26th October 2010, 22:03
Agreed on a second case, payment to be sent in the morning

jurassicc
27th October 2010, 08:26
Just to inform the thread, Jurassicc has expressed interest in a second case

Payment sent for #2

Marc
27th October 2010, 09:38
Courier booked for Jimbo and Jurassiccs parcels. Expecting collection today.

Marc
27th October 2010, 12:55
Items collected

jurassicc
27th October 2010, 14:32
Cool, whats the delivery ETA with the courier... need to let her indoors know if she needs to stay indoors.... ouch that could cost me :whistle:

Marc
27th October 2010, 17:43
Info Pmd

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

If anyone is undecided on wether to buy one of these cases, I will be unable to ship these for a period of time after friday 10am. Any orders placed before then will be shipped this week. After that it may be Christmas or with an increased shipping price.

HeZoR
27th October 2010, 18:23
I want one case. More on pm

Witcher1979
27th October 2010, 18:27
Info Pmd

Thanks m8 :)

I have tracking info

iRetrOVolver
27th October 2010, 22:15
Info Pmd

If anyone is undecided on wether to buy one of these cases, I will be unable to ship these for a period of time after friday 10am. Any orders placed before then will be shipped this week. After that it may be Christmas or with an increased shipping price.

How much is postage to The Netherlands. Same question for Denmark? PayPal payment OK? Anyhow.. want one too!

Marc
27th October 2010, 23:37
I want one case. More on pm

Info Pmd

How much is postage to The Netherlands. Same question for Denmark? PayPal payment OK? Anyhow.. want one too!

PMs replied. :)

hese
28th October 2010, 08:20
Interested. PMed.

Witcher1979
28th October 2010, 09:34
28/10/2010 09:05:00 Out for delivery

:thumbsup:

iRetrOVolver
28th October 2010, 09:36
Confirmed to buy. Awaiting Payment Request via PayPal

StrontiumDog
28th October 2010, 10:19
I'll take one m8y - may as well grab one now before they all go :)

PM sent.

Marc
28th October 2010, 10:53
Confirmed to buy. Awaiting Payment Request via PayPal

paYment received

bartrman
28th October 2010, 10:57
just checking to see if you have any more cases. I would like to get one if i can. Could you give est. on shiping cost to United States. Thanks

jurassicc
28th October 2010, 10:58

Mine too. :thumbsup: I've got a dremil waiting to go to work on some sheet steel and this baby :butcher

I found some other shots of the case online to wet my appetite more until the parcel man arrives.

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31938 (http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31938)

Marc
28th October 2010, 10:59
just checking to see if you have any more cases. I would like to get one if i can. Could you give est. on shiping cost to United States. Thanks

i'll get you one but it will be ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

To USA you're looking somewhere between 130-140 including postage.

StrontiumDog
28th October 2010, 11:01
I've got a dremil waiting to go to work on some sheet steel and this baby

Wouldn't mind having a crack at doing a back plate for the miggy - would template(s) for said dremel work be available sometime ..? :)

Marc
28th October 2010, 11:04

Mine too. :thumbsup: I've got a dremil waiting to go to work on some sheet steel and this baby :butcher

I found some other shots of the case online to wet my appetite more until the parcel man arrives.

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31938 (http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31938)

That was V quick

Wouldn't mind having a crack at doing a back plate for the miggy - would template(s) for said dremel work be available sometime ..? :)

Templates are in first post here. Kindly provided by Ed.D

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=9670

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

But yours has a PSU and a nicer box :)

jurassicc
28th October 2010, 11:12

I'm going to photo document it. Don't mind sharing what I do with the folks here. This is gonna be my OS4.1 machine once its available.

I'm accessorising it with the following :-

Boing Mouse

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=981

AmigaOne Keyboard (PS2/UK Version)

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_90&products_id=973

Lyra 2 Keyboard addaptor

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_89&products_id=207

Micromys3

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_91&products_id=877

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

[QUOTE=jurassicc;112599Templates are in first post here. Kindly provided by Ed.D

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=9670

OMG thats an amazing build, just what I was thinking of doing too.

Just hope mine turns out as excellent as that one!

StrontiumDog
28th October 2010, 11:40
@ Wasagi

Payment for case sent - Postal deets are within the paypal notification :D

Marc
28th October 2010, 11:47
Payment received. Will send tomorrow.

@ Wasagi

Payment for case sent - Postal deets are within the paypal notification :D

jurassicc
28th October 2010, 13:29
@Wasagi

WOOT - Delivered.... /me books tomorrow off work cant wait to get home and play with these puppies.

Witcher1979
28th October 2010, 14:25
Have mine to. PC all fitted inside :)

Thanks very much. Leaving feedback now

Marc
28th October 2010, 14:32

Awesome. Pics?

Witcher1979
28th October 2010, 14:33

Awesome. Pics?

I do have pics, I will stick some right here in this thread in a bit if that's ok?

Cheers

Marc
28th October 2010, 19:54
Payment Received from Hese

iRetrOVolver
28th October 2010, 20:02

You might want to check this guy's eBay shop out.. he sells Gel Badges for on Amiga cases.

For example: http://cgi.ebay.com/Amiga-Logo-Boing-Ball-3D-Sticker-Case-Badge-00504-/320548313766?pt=Klassische_Computer&hash=item4aa22b1aa6#ht_2835wt_1287

fitzsteve
28th October 2010, 20:04
You might want to check this guy's eBay shop out.. he sells Gel Badges for on Amiga cases.

For example: http://cgi.ebay.com/Amiga-Logo-Boing-Ball-3D-Sticker-Case-Badge-00504-/320548313766?pt=Klassische_Computer&hash=item4aa22b1aa6#ht_2835wt_1287

I bought a few, very good seller - he even refunded me P&P when I acidently paid P&P on each badge (I bought 3)

Nice quality items :cool:

Marc
29th October 2010, 10:59
Blacnkstare
Hese
NemoGoesSushi

Your cases have been booked for collection today.

NemoGoesSushi when I quoted you shipping it was to NL, you asked for delivery to denmark which was 8 more before tax than NL. I have dispatched the case anyways to ensure you got it, but are you willing to cover this extra postage?

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Also only a few cases left

iRetrOVolver
29th October 2010, 11:33
NemoGoesSushi when I quoted you shipping it was to NL, you asked for delivery to denmark which was 8 more before tax than NL. I have dispatched the case anyways to ensure you got it, but are you willing to cover this extra postage?[COLOR="Silver"]

Whaaaaat?!?! :wooha:

Sure man.. all cool here :cool: - Let me transfer you the 8 via PayPal to cover your expenses.

Any answer on potentially supplying some C-Skins panels ?

Marc
29th October 2010, 12:40
NemoGoesSushi when I quoted you shipping it was to NL, you asked for delivery to denmark which was 8 more before tax than NL. I have dispatched the case anyways to ensure you got it, but are you willing to cover this extra postage?[COLOR="Silver"]

Sure man.. all cool here :cool: - Let me transfer you the 8 via PayPal to cover your expenses.

No reply from supplier. Not sure if they are still in business I will call them.

What panel are you after? I may be getting one myself ;)

Thanks for the extra money!

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

No reply from supplier. Not sure if they are still in business I will call them.

They are going to "look for some" Doesn't sound good :s

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Blacnkstare
Hese
NemoGoesSushi

Your cases have been booked for collection today.

NemoGoesSushi when I quoted you shipping it was to NL, you asked for delivery to denmark which was 8 more before tax than NL. I have dispatched the case anyways to ensure you got it, but are you willing to cover this extra postage?

Also only a few cases left

Cases now en route :) Enjoy. Although small problem with tracking numbers, as subcontractor only gave me part of the tracking numbers :( I will contact DHL to verify

StrontiumDog
29th October 2010, 12:43
@ Wasagi

Cheers mate! :)

Would be interested too if the C-Skins were still available.

iRetrOVolver
29th October 2010, 15:49
[QUOTE=NemoGoesSushi;112941][QUOTE=Wasagi;112931]

You are welcome Wasagi

Well.. I was hoping there was an Amiga themed panel but only see Commodore and C64 themes. I do like a white set and would like to know if those can be obtained and at what cost.

I will be patient ... :coffee:

Thanks!

Marc
29th October 2010, 16:34
[QUOTE=Wasagi;112943][QUOTE=NemoGoesSushi;112941]

You are welcome Wasagi

Well.. I was hoping there was an Amiga themed panel but only see Commodore and C64 themes. I do like a white set and would like to know if those can be obtained and at what cost.

I will be patient ... :coffee:

Thanks!

Well no communication from the supplier even after 2 phone calls. Assume for now they have no more. Jon Hare mentioned he had some, might be worth asking him!

iRetrOVolver
29th October 2010, 16:37
Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

Witcher1979
30th October 2010, 12:33
I noticed the back of these cases the PSU has a green light. This light comes on every now and then. Not sure for how long. What is this light for?

Cheers

StrontiumDog
30th October 2010, 12:44
Maybe it signals the Borg that the user is ready to be asimilated...

http://whatsnew.zlrignition.com/wp-content/uploads/borg.jpg

Marc
30th October 2010, 12:53
Honestly, i have no idea. I'll look into it

I noticed the back of these cases the PSU has a green light. This light comes on every now and then. Not sure for how long. What is this light for?

Cheers

Ed.D
30th October 2010, 13:08
Just had a quick look inside (see attachments). The wiring from the LED disappaear inside. Didn't want to poke about too much cuz of the wiggly amps.

At a guess I'd say it comes on when the fridge part is engaged like a frost-stat.

iskra
30th October 2010, 23:52
Hi all!
Just stumbled upon this. I'd like a case too if there are any more available. The location is Germany, I am willing to wait until December.

More by PM.

Marc
31st October 2010, 00:07
Hi all!
Just stumbled upon this. I'd like a case too if there are any more available. The location is Germany, I am willing to wait until December.

More by PM.

Down to 1-3 cases now depending on others who I am in discussions with. Hit me up on PM, I can work something out :)

---------- Post added 31st October 2010 at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was 30th October 2010 at 23:56 ----------

Just to keep it clear Iskra has declared interest.

jurassicc
1st November 2010, 13:29
@wasagi

Positive feedback left, Everything OK with the 2 cases.

A1200 build progressing nicely will put a few piccies up later. Also A1XE has now been transplanted, just sorting out the power led and hdd led as they need to be connect to +5v and the sii sata card not the mobo.

StrontiumDog
1st November 2010, 14:02
@ Wasagi

Case arrived today, cheers mate!

Feedback left :)

iRetrOVolver
3rd November 2010, 12:19
Bad News!! DHL just delivered the box and when I picked it up from the mail room, it looked bad on the outside.. and even worse on the inside.. :blink:

When I opened it up.. both sides were damaged and the right side was completely smashed. I will PM you the pictures such that you can claim a refund from DHL

Marc
3rd November 2010, 13:41
Bad News!! DHL just delivered the box and when I picked it up from the mail room, it looked bad on the outside.. and even worse on the inside.. :blink:

When I opened it up.. both sides were damaged and the right side was completely smashed. I will PM you the pictures such that you can claim a refund from DHL

It looks like fired a cannon at it. I will get on to them. Really sorry.

iRetrOVolver
3rd November 2010, 13:44
Not your fault wasagi.. but so much for DHL.. they SUCK :-|

Marc
3rd November 2010, 20:48
Just though I'd post some pictures that nemo sent me.

It literally looks like it was shot with a cannon. You can see where the box was pierced and the item damaged.

I contacted parcel to go and they tried to offer a settlement over the phone of 30 credit to my parcel2go account. Pretty poor considering thats about how much the postage cost on its own!

I'll file an official claim now.

fitzsteve
3rd November 2010, 21:07
I'd say a fork lift truck fork has gone into that :Doh:

They should pay up the full whack on that surely.

Steve.

iRetrOVolver
3rd November 2010, 21:08
Package was sent with insurance right? Let them pay for a new unit and make sure you give them the original retail price of that thing :lol:

Marc
3rd November 2010, 22:01
Its ridiculous.

No amount of packaging was going to save that poor fellow. I've heard so many bad stories about insurance claims lately, It scares me.

I need to send my bppc overseas for repair, I dont think I want to :(

iRetrOVolver
3rd November 2010, 22:05
Well, it all depends on the distribution center it passes through i.e. which carrier or subcontractor company. I would consider myself an active online buyer as for the moment I live in Denmark where they rip you a new one on everything you want to buy.. but no bad experiences thus far.. until now.. but why this package.. I really 'needed' that case :unsure:

Marc
3rd November 2010, 22:07
Well, it all depends on the distribution center it passes through i.e. which carrier or subcontractor company. I would consider myself an active online buyer as for the moment I live in Denmark where they rip you a new one on everything you want to buy.. but no bad experiences thus far.. until now.. but why this package.. I really 'needed' that case :unsure:

I have another for you! Let me see what they say. If they drag their heels. I'll send you it in good faith and hope I can recoup the money. It's not your fault this has happened and you shouldnt suffer. Just please keep the twisted metal and current packaging should they want to 'inspect' it

iRetrOVolver
3rd November 2010, 22:10
I have another for you! Let me see what they say. If they drag their heels. I'll send you it in good faith and hope I can recoup the money. It's not your fault this has happened and you shouldnt suffer. Just please keep the twisted metal and current packaging should they want to 'inspect' it

I am a bit worried about shipments from the UK to Denmark through that carrier.. I am not in a rush, so lets see what they say first before we risk killing another one. Agree?

Marc
3rd November 2010, 22:13

I am a bit worried about shipments from the UK to Denmark through that carrier.. I am not in a rush, so lets see what they say first before we risk killing another one. Agree?

Ditto! I have a cunning plan for packaging the second shipment though!

I found some boxes outside, but they might put the shipping cost up

http://www.lid-stormwater.net/images/treebox6.jpg

iRetrOVolver
3rd November 2010, 22:26
Well.. I hope they don't come and collect in this little racer :lol:

http://www.bol-global.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dhl-smart-car-med2.jpg

rkauer
4th November 2010, 00:38
I saw worst cases. If you guys are selling this case as a loss I might take it as it is. Let's see what the courier says.

DonAmiga
4th November 2010, 11:34
Hi Wasagi, just stumbled a cross this, Is there any left? and when would you ship UK. will send PM.

Thanks

Marc
4th November 2010, 18:16
Hi Wasagi, just stumbled a cross this, Is there any left? and when would you ship UK. will send PM.

Thanks

PM Replied :)

DonAmiga
4th November 2010, 19:21
Hi Wasagi

Payment Sent

ps, just need to get it in, under the radar :whistle:

iRetrOVolver
4th November 2010, 22:19
Hi Wasagi

Payment Sent

.. Woman Operated Radar System?

:slap

DonAmiga
4th November 2010, 23:10
Exactly,,:lol: They just don't understand

Hi Wasagi

Payment Sent

.. Woman Operated Radar System?

:slap

Marc
6th November 2010, 10:46
Item was sent this morning :) Let me know when you receive Don :)

HeZoR
6th November 2010, 11:47
Declaring interest for one case.

HeZoR
6th November 2010, 16:05
Payment sent

Marc
6th November 2010, 16:15
Payment received

DonAmiga
6th November 2010, 19:58
Cheers,,,, Will Do :D

Item was sent this morning :) Let me know when you receive Don :)

Marc
6th November 2010, 21:57
After a long and windy road. One case left!

Please note, iskra has declared interest in this last case a while back; I have sent a PM if he still has interest.

Witcher1979
10th November 2010, 10:20
Me being a bit dim, only just noticed the switches at the front changed the fan led lights to different colours. I figured the switches were to turn the fans off if needed lol.

Well happy I found they change the LED colours :D

One setting flashes multi colours :)

Ed.D
10th November 2010, 10:34
and you used to be a repair man? :o

just kidding m8. :D:D

It's a cool little effect. I was wondering if the LEDs could be modified to indicate the HDD or floppy access. Or sync up with speech synthesis.

Witcher1979
10th November 2010, 10:48
and you used to be a repair man? :o

just kidding m8. :D:D

It's a cool little effect. I was wondering if the LEDs could be modified to indicate the HDD or floppy access. Or sync up with speech synthesis.

hehe on washing machines I never found any LED fans :)

It would be cool to set the fans to flash with HDD axxs. I figure as it already has one light that flashes with HDD activity it can't be to hard.

Might be a good idea you have there

Marc
10th November 2010, 18:21
Me being a bit dim, only just noticed the switches at the front changed the fan led lights to different colours. I figured the switches were to turn the fans off if needed lol.

Well happy I found they change the LED colours :D

One setting flashes multi colours :)

There are switches on the front? lol!

DonAmiga
11th November 2010, 23:01
Hi Wasagi

Got my commodore gaming case today, delivered safely:D So spent this evening giving my old desktop a make over, all set-up and working great,,,:thumbsup:

Thanks, and will leave feedback

HeZoR
8th December 2010, 14:05
I'm waiting for my turn to show up :)

iskra
10th December 2010, 07:53
I think mine's gonna be placed under the Christmas tree :P

Marc
10th December 2010, 18:10
As promised to both of you, the cases will be posted on the 16th of December :)

Marc
15th December 2010, 18:07
Just to update:

Unfortunately Parcel2Go the broker that I use for the courier services cannot guarantee collection dates at the moment which could have an impact on the date of dispatch for the last remaining cases. I will update the thread when I know more!

iskra
18th December 2010, 14:33
Anything new yet? So the cases have not been shipped until now?

Jon Hare
18th December 2010, 14:44
I could offer my help here: As you may know I have a lot of those cases. NOS, never used, with 550W PSU.

I'd gladly help you and ship one of my cases to iskra on Monday (tuesday at latest). That way it should arrive on thursday at iskra's home.

Please let me know if this kind of help is needed :thumbsup:

Marc
18th December 2010, 17:10
A collection is booked for wed now for both cases. I am sorry for the delay but it is honestly beyond my control

iskra
20th December 2010, 14:24
Thanks guys! I know it's hard now with the snow and all. But collection on Wednesday would be fine. At least for me it would be okay if the case comes any time between now and the 2nd of January. That would be the first day I could actually use it anyway and I don't even know if I can take it with me that day (going to my girlfriend's).

HeZoR
20th December 2010, 18:26
A collection is booked for wed now for both cases. I am sorry for the delay but it is honestly beyond my control

That's great news. I hope they arrive safely.

Marc
22nd December 2010, 10:43
Waiting for deliver van today!

And to update the thread, as if by magic, I have one of these cases available again :)

iskra
4th January 2011, 07:47
I have my case here now =). Very beautiful. The packaging has seen better days and I don't understand why the styrofoam is all crumbled up, but what do you expect on such a long journey :P?

Thanks again Wasagi for this opportunity!

iskra
8th January 2011, 17:15
Does anybody know how to properly install the ICE Cube cooling system? Is it correct that there is no fan shipped with that unit?

I can see the places in the Power Supply that it can be put into, but how do you fix it firmly in your system?

Also, I noticed two other things:

Is there no way to regulate the fans?
What is the green LED on the back of the PSU for?

anagrama
8th January 2011, 17:19
Can anyone tell me what the psu's are like, i like mine to be nice and quiet without a constant whining!

scrappysphinx
8th January 2011, 17:56
How many of these do you have left please Marc?
I'd like on if there's enough.

StrontiumDog
8th January 2011, 18:01
Can anyone tell me what the psu's are like, i like mine to be nice and quiet without a constant whining!

The case I brought last year from Marc is still fully boxed so ithe PSU is 100% quiet :D

FOL
8th January 2011, 20:04

+1.

Im still after one.

iskra
9th January 2011, 12:32
I am just in the process of finding out how the PSU is. If you run your system without the side fan, it goes apesh**. Mine continually set the fan from high to low instead of just keeping one state... So better leave the side fan on.

Also, the green LED on mine is glowing in an irregular pattern, that's why I'd like to know what it's for.

Marc
10th January 2011, 18:12

+1.

Im still after one.

One case left. Price is 55 delivered to UK. Price has changed due to higher postage cost.

I am just in the process of finding out how the PSU is. If you run your system without the side fan, it goes apesh**. Mine continually set the fan from high to low instead of just keeping one state... So better leave the side fan on.

Also, the green LED on mine is glowing in an irregular pattern, that's why I'd like to know what it's for.

I think the LED is the for the ice cube part, I think its normal for it to turn on and off. To be honest, I'm not convinced by the Ice cube part, it seems like a gimmick. I left mine off.

scrappysphinx
10th January 2011, 18:18
Hi Marc, thanks for getting back to me but i'll step aside and leave the last one for FOL as i have just purchased a netbook so cn't afford the case too

Jon Hare
11th January 2011, 20:42
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I was wondering if there is some interest in other cases from a few members.

If Wasagi can't deliver more cases, I could probably help out.

Problem are the costs for shipping for these cases from Germany to EU/worldwide.

iskra
11th January 2011, 22:25
I haven't even found out what ICE Cube is supposed to do or how to fix it to the PSU and the rest of the system.

Is there any documentation on this?

I don't really understand the idea of throwing in such a cooling system but not supplying the fan that's needed on the cooler...

StrontiumDog
11th January 2011, 22:36
I haven't even found out what ICE Cube is supposed to do or how to fix it to the PSU and the rest of the system.

Is there any documentation on this?

I don't really understand the idea of throwing in such a cooling system but not supplying the fan that's needed on the cooler...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZOvDdKG2Yg

iskra
12th January 2011, 18:56
OK, I'm fed up.

This ICE CUBE thing is the dumbest sh** I have ever seen:

-It does not fit into a normally configured case (mine is hitting the RAM on one side and the power connectors of the HDDs at the other... WITHOUT the fan. And I have the Freezer 7 CPU cooler that is also used in the demo video and documentation)

-There seems to be now way at all to fix it firmly (it just bounces around the case)

-It does not look at all like the object pictured, unless you want to spend hours bending the heatpipes back and forth.

What on Earth were they thinking? Maybe I'm missing something here but I just cannot see how this should be used... I don't have half a cubic meter of space available in my case.

HeZoR
17th January 2011, 10:36
I'm still waiting mine

Marc
17th January 2011, 21:31
I'm still waiting mine

Just to clarify for everyone of the situation the item was posted however was delayed due to an inaccurate address which I checked with Hezor. Hezor assured the address so the item was sent. It was then stuck as being dispatched. Hezor alerted me the item has now shown on tracking as invalid address, I am looking in to the matter

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Courier has said delivery was attempted, I dont believe them as courier website says problem with address. Parcel2go refuse to take a new address at this time. Told me to wait a couple of days :(

HeZoR
18th January 2011, 10:39
Update:

Case arrived.

Positive feedback left!

Thanks Marc :)

iskra
19th January 2011, 18:28
How do I leave feedback?

gehtjanx
20th January 2011, 00:17
klick name of the user, choose Profile, there, goto feedback, then click "View full feedback", then you can choose "leave feedback". :)

iskra
21st January 2011, 10:16
OK, done :).

Marc
31st January 2011, 20:42
I think all feedback has been left. If anyone is still awaiting feedback from this thread please PM me.

Mods how can we handle this? Is it time to close?