Warp Engine 3040 (for Amiga 3000 but works fine in 4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt3k

Blogger
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Country
United States
Region
NY
Selling my coveted Warp Engine 3040 with a 68040@40MHz and 64 megabytes of ram.

Bought it back in the 90's and it has been my go to card for years.

Now that I have house improvements and other Amiga investments, I must (sadly) let it go.

This card is very rare and the only one I have ever seen is the one Glen (RIP) listed here years ago. It was designed for the 3000D and it fits perfectly and doesn't require any mods or hacks to the 3000 in any way. No weird updates or mods, the thing just runs after you plug it in. Unlike the Phase 5 cards that have silly sockets that fail and other special updates of other cards, the Warp Engine just works and they don't fail. Ideally installing a 040 to 060 adapter would be worth it since the WE has great memory access speeds and would really take advantage of the 060.

I will add a 68060 LC to the sale so the buyer can toss it right on the sockets I just saw a thread for...

Will sell world wide.

New Price: $1,100 USD not including shipping as a pp gift. *Or near offer.

You will need to resolder the jumper for the int2, since I have been using it a 4000 I removed the jumper wire. All you have to do is connect the wire to the CIA for timing, so your motherboard doesn't need to be hacked.

This card is very tolerant of Ramsey and DMAC configurations. I have used it in Ramsey 04 and 07 and DMAC 02 and 04 and combination of Ramsey 07 and DMAC 02. I have played with my 3000D since 91 and tried many fast slot options and the WE is the only one I found that never gave me trouble and provided great memory access and scsi bus performance. This card is faster than most other fast slot solutions for the 3k. Works perfect in all situations. Think I have the original driver disk somewhere.

Last edited:
WP_20170216_22_53_36_Pro.jpg The fan on the 040 works fine, but it really isn't needed as the heatsink works well. I will solder the wire back on JP4 (for int2 jumpber to the cia)on the warp engine before I ship it.

Last edited:
Added 68060 LC

Added 68060 LC

Added a 68060 LC to the deal so the buyer can pickup and 040 to 060 socket and have fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom