Fingerlickin_B

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Belco
Hi all,

I need one of these & it must be capable of running at 50mhz (the speed my Blizzard runs at).

Please give me some prices here so I can figure out if it's within my price range :|

PZ.

Re: Wanted: 68882 (PGA type)

Hi m8y,

Here's hoping you are aware, you have more chance of finding tits on a bull than this 68882 package!?
I have only seen one in the last 12 months & it was a 40Mhz one which was clocked to 50Mhz.

Wish you all the luck in the world though. :D

Kin

Kin Hell said:
Hi m8y,

I have only seen one in the last 12 months & it was a 40Mhz one which was clocked to 50Mhz.

68882s are not "clocked" to any speed. They are all manufactured to run on 50MHz and tested at 100MHz. If they failed that test, they were tested at 80MHz (for the 40MHz versions) and so forth. Some official guy from Motorola once said this, though I can't find a link to that story right now....

So, basically, if you find a 40MHz version it won't cause you any trouble when you run it at 50MHz (but you can always add a cooling aid if you want to be sure).

@ McVenco

Not true. Not ALL will go to 50Mhz speeds. They are soak-tested & then binned @ whatever speed they are able to achieve. There are failures along the way, so they get binned @ the Lower speeds when proven stable @ said speed.

Their approved speeds are then stamped on the Die.

ZeBeeDee said:
IF they are still open for business and IF they have them in stock

http://www.softhut.com/cgi-bin/test/Web ... t_id=52674

So contact them first ... you never know your luck.

Yeah, the website lists them as in stock, but I just don't trust SoftHut...something about their website & the fact that they always leave out-of-stock items on there for years :?

PZ.

"NEW Amiga Forever 2005 Just Released!!!"

:roll:

@ FB

I know exactly what you mean!

@ Tony

:LOL:

To whoever modified my post above this one:

I know linking to evilBay is against the rules...but surely it doesn't matter if the sale linked to has already ended? :p

Anyway, it is an MC68882RC40A

d02d_1.JPG

PZ.

As McVenco said, the unit could run fine at a small increase in speed. Just add a small heatsink on it and test it with a FPU-aware application (lha 1.38 comes to my mind).

Cool man,

I plan to test it with a certain first person shooter game that comes on CD...you know the one I mean :wink: :mrgreen:

PZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom