PDA

View Full Version : Closed SOLD:FS: A1200PPC + upgrades + OS4

createcoms
17th October 2008, 02:06
A1200 in a Z4 tower
BlizzardPPC 68040@30MHz/603p@240MHz, Unit has single 60MHz crystal instead of two .
192MB of RAM (128+64 configuration)
SCSI-II Controller (not working under OS4)
BVision (with Aftermarket cooling)
Directwire filtered 5V Link from PSU to BPPC (prototype build)
3.0 ROMS
No HDD, but will throw in a 8GB CompactFlash and adaptor
FastAta1200 MK-III (brand new, installed but never used)
Unopened Cocolino PS/2 Adaptor
DIY PS/2 Keyboard Adaptor (MMKeyboard from Aminet)
Right Angle PCMCIA Adaptor (allows use of PCMCIA cards in tower)

I think that's everything.

I also have an unused/unregistered OS4 package but don't really want to sell it (twist my arm if you want it) since I was an OS4 beta tester and it's kind of a momento.

I'm just going to say 850USD including international shipping (within reason!). I will accept near offers.

I'm a bit emotional as I write this since there's a LOT of history between this machine and myself so if I've left something out just ask nicely and bear with me ;)

meega
17th October 2008, 02:31
I'm just going to say 1000USD including international shipping, mods if this price isn't realistic (too high or low) please PM me or adjust it yourself since I will just accept the going rate.
That really isn't our job... :)

pkillo
17th October 2008, 03:16
I'll do it for you if the mods ok it, but only if I get first dibs on the system!!! [guess which way I'd adjust the price... :twisted: ]

just kidding man, that's a fair price I think, since it's bound to be heavy and you include shipping. definitely a high drool factor on this one... any chance of pictures?

Kin Hell
17th October 2008, 12:47
@ pkillo

Only thing I'd like to say is, everyone would appreciate you Editing your Profile & entering your Location.

Meantime, best of luck for you & createcoms. Hope you can work it out! :wink:

Kin

arkanoid
17th October 2008, 13:20
"BlizzardPPC 68030@30MHz/603p@240MHz"

the only thing I'd like to say is that I've never heard of a PPC with a 030 CPU. Typo?

Kin Hell
17th October 2008, 14:25
Prolly a typo.....

http://powerup.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=10

Can you confirm createcoms?

pkillo
17th October 2008, 17:50
bah.. that was meant to be a joke, man; I don't have that kind of money! I'll definitely edit the profile, though. I had thought I had done that!!!

Kin Hell
17th October 2008, 21:04
I did this the other day. Read something that had 2 possible conclusions! Usually in threes, but this way? - Bizzare!

Particulary when you read meega's post, ...then yours, ....then mine.

Apologies! :wink:

Merlin
17th October 2008, 22:25
I'm just going to say 1000USD including international shipping, mods if this price isn't realistic (too high or low) please PM me or adjust it yourself since I will just accept the going rate.

Just to echo what meega stated earlier, the only person who may amend this price is you, if you receive no offers at your original asking price.

An item is only truly worth what the buyer is prepared to pay for it.....not necessarily what the seller asks for it.

Amibay doesn't set the market price for anything; we were'nt the Antiques Roadshow, the last time I checked... :wink: You set your price and amend it if there are no takers, simple as, the same as a "Buy It Now" on a certain site *cough*

As an aside (and slightly OT I think), I would comment that I don't think there will be too many punters with that kind of spendoli to splash out, following the recent events in the banking world over the last couple of weeks....you may get lucky though.

Nuff said.

M

coze
18th October 2008, 20:27
A1200 in a Z4 tower

I'm just going to say 1000USD including international shipping,

LOL you know you would regret that decision if I were to buy your lot :lol: but don't worry, I won't 8) . (I'm in japan) Your price is quite reasonable IMHO considering the PPC frenzy after OS4 classic release. Good luck with your sale !

createcoms
3rd November 2008, 07:11
So I'm to take it from the silence that it's more appropriate for me to take this out the back, and burn it all in a cremation ceremony?

:?

da9000
3rd November 2008, 08:26
I have a *special* crematorium in my backyard, so I'd be interested in helping you cremate it, ho ho ho. PM sent :-)

createcoms
5th November 2008, 05:02
Price lowered.

createcoms
15th November 2008, 05:57
:| :arrow:

ncstebb
17th November 2008, 22:24
Hi createcoms,

I've been busily trying to work out how I could afford this. I'm almost there but have a few questions...

Does it need anything added to be a complete system? I was thinking it might need 3.1 roms. Also I don't have a multisync monitor. How would it go with a normal PC monitor? If you are keeping the OS4 package would that mean the system comes without any software... I'm wondering if I would have trouble setting it up as I've not used an amiga in a while.

Cheers,

Nick

createcoms
22nd November 2008, 00:19
You would only need 3.1 ROMS if you wanted to use OS3.x

OS4 works with 3.0 ROMS.

You can definitely use a PC Monitor - in 68k mode the BVision has a firmware mode promotion (so you can access the early screens before the Permedia 2 driver kicks in), and in OS4 (PPC) mode the driver is available right from get go which means the menus are there as well.

Can't comment on how hard it will be for you to setup - but I'm sure there's some helpful Amiga forums around to assist?

BTW I've decided based upon currency rates to lower the price another 50 USD. So it's now 850USD inc shipping (to most places, check first)

da9000
22nd November 2008, 01:07
Sending PM.

ncstebb
23rd November 2008, 00:05
I'll be next in line if it doesn't go to da9000.

ncstebb
24th November 2008, 04:44
Just wanted to inform the readers of this thread that I have agreed to buy this item and am arranging it with createcoms via PM. :D

da9000
24th November 2008, 12:01
Funny that... Createcoms never responded to my PM :-(

Merlin
24th November 2008, 12:10
*Ahem*

@ncstebb

We have a site rule here that is "first come, first served". da9000 correctly expressed interest first in this thread and unless createcoms has a really good reason for this, such as da9000 withdrawing his bid by PM, you are second in line behind da9000. I presume from da9000's comment that this is not the case.

I would advise that you refresh yourself with the rules regarding gazumping and bid trumping. If createcoms has accepted your bid before closing the offer from da9000, this would constitute gazumping and is not a good thing; I hope that this is not the case.

@ Createcoms

Can you please bring us up to date ASAP with what is happening about this offer?

Thanks,

Merlin

createcoms
24th November 2008, 12:43
With the greatest respect Merlin, ncstebb has done nothing wrong.

I appreciate your concern, because there's a level of ambiguity regarding da9000's statement "Sending PM.".

This was not connected with an intention to buy, rather more questions which frankly belonged in this main thread.

If we are going to talk about rules, let me remind us all of this one:

No silent bidding
You must post your purchase bid in the sellers original topic, clearly stating that you agree to pay the asking price for an item. Purchase bids by PM are not valid and against AmiBay rules.

Ignoring the mechanics and semantics for the purpose of placing this simply, the fact is the first actual post from anyone(be it in thread or via PM) stating they wish to buy the item came from ncstebb.

I responded to ncstebb with a reminder that he had to obey the aforementioned rule of posting the agreement to buy, in the thread and he has done so.

If I've interpreted the rules incorrectly then this is my bad, and no one else.

Merlin
24th November 2008, 12:58
@ createcoms

On the basis of what you have posted above, you are absolutely correct; ncstebb was indeed the first to state a clear intent to buy. This is based on your statement that da9000's PM was a technical question, not a statement of intent to purchase. You can understand the reason why I questioned this, as his "Sending PM" message and later comments could have meant a couple of different thing and also could have been a silent bid as you correctly point out.

Thanks for the quick response. It's not about semantics, rule quoting or getting heavy with people; it's just about clearing up possible mis-understandings before they escalate further.

Cheers

:D

da9000
24th November 2008, 21:07
Yeah, semantics my arson:

"Hi again cc.

I'm quite interested in your system, but I'd like to see a couple of photos if possible. Could you grab a couple and email them to me? Could please take a couple of the insides, including the PPC card and the Bvision and the outside of the tower as well?

Thanks"

No reply (to my pmail above) whatsoever.

Whatever. Interest lost. Best of luck to ncstebb.

Kin Hell
24th November 2008, 21:56
Yeah, semantics my arson:

....Kin Sniggers.....