A500Flash with Amiga 2000 black screen - SORTED

drakal

Country
Germany
Region
Baden-Wuerttemberg
Hi! I have now installed the A500Flash in my friend's Amiga 2000 with Kickstart 1.2. However when I turn it on only a black screen appears. Any ideas what might be wrong or is the A500Flash defective? I also tried a 3.1 Kickstart on it but he same black screen appears. Without the A500Flash all is working well and the KS1.2 boots up...

Any ideas?

yeah,is this the same 2000 from the other thread that had damage to the rom socket?

Yes, it is but the A2K is working perfectly now when the A500Flash is not installed. The KS 1.2 screen appears but once I install the A500K the Screen is only black and nothing happens...

yeah,is this the same 2000 from the other thread that had damage to the rom socket?

What was the problem in the end this info may help other users :)

What was the issue? I have one in my 2000, can't get it to boot with my 030 accelerator, can only get to the Kickstart screen without. The left mouse button seems to enable itself automatically when I am in the Early Startup menus.
It was easier to insert it on the Kickstart socket than on the Gary socket. I suspect I'd need a riser to make way and avoid contact with other components nearby.
Was that your experience, drakal?

What was the issue? I have one in my 2000, can't get it to boot with my 030 accelerator, can only get to the Kickstart screen without. The left mouse button seems to enable itself automatically when I am in the Early Startup menus.
It was easier to insert it on the Kickstart socket than on the Gary socket. I suspect I'd need a riser to make way and avoid contact with other components nearby.
Was that your experience, drakal?

Still curious to know what drakal's issue was.
On my side, a riser socket helped. Now if I could find out how to build suitable ROM images with Remus :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom