Help with Ratte Switch A600

Knight94

Country
United States
Region
Iowa
Hello,

I am having an issue with my Ratte switch using it on my A600 with a Vampire II. I have got it setup to where I can boot to RTG from the Vampire 800x600 screen. I can even startup a program like sysinfo and it will switch back to my indivision ECS. But when I try and quit that program it will not switch back to the RTG. :( I get the Indivision startup screen for a few seconds and then a blank screen. That's it.

Looking for ideas on what I can do. My A600 is the Rev 1 A300. It has OS 3.1 running, Vampire II, Rapid Road, Indivision ECS with Realtime, and Pico PSU. My Ratte switch jumper is set to auto.

I have tried the SwitchControl Rev A and Rev D(found in Aminet). In both locations Startup-sequence before IPrefs and in User-Startup at the end. Same problem with both.

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of how you installed the CIA adapter, also if you have another program that might collide with SwitchControl.

See picture below:

RatteA600-CIA.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got this figured out. :cool:

Ended up being a faulty HDMI to VGA adapter/converter. Bought a different brand and all is working now. Hope this helps anyone else running into this issue.

Could you give more information about the "faulty" brand and the "good" one?? Thanks a million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you give more information about the "faulty" brand and the "good" one?? Thanks a million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

Hope this doesn't violate any rules by posting links to the products. If so, please let me know and I will remove.

Here is what I purchased.

The one that does not work (at least for me). VicSing (I bought 2. The first one worked for a couple hours with the issues stated above, switching screens. The second one did not work at all.)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XG7GFP3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one that does work. Moread
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SW9JI9A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have been running the Moread all of last night into this morning and the only issue that I also have had with both is they get plenty warm. Which causes some random black screens unless they are cooled by heatsinks. I have removed the case to the adapter and have it hooked up, but outside my a600 until my heatsinks get here. With it like that I have no issues at all. Screen works great. Ratte switch is working flawlessly with the system.

Hope this helps.

oh. I also have purchased another brand to try as well. This one seems to works on it too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XW93TCC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using lower resolutions such as 800x600x50 also helps a lot to avoid overheat.

That is the resolution I am using. 800x600. But at 60hz. Not sure if that causes the problem

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom