mrr19121970

Blogger
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Hessen
I am selling a broken 1571. It's a 220v model that has a defective PSU. The transformer outputs 21vAC and 11vAC which should get rectified smoothed to 12vDC and 5vAC (but doesn't output 5vDC).

This is for someone who want's to repair or slaughter for parts (shame). The motor and mainboard are working, I have connected them to an external 12vDC/5vDC and have performed the following tests:

I am selling a fully working 220v 1571. The defective PSU is now repaired with 3amp diodes and a new 12v voltage regulator.

I performed the following tests:

. formatted a disk
. copied a D64 image to a floppy
. loaded the directory
. played a game from the disk

Proof of life video as described by buyer.

Pictures

Price
I am asking 75 euros for the 1571 plus postage

Payment
Payment as family'n'friends with PayPal. Add 4% fees for other methods.

Postage

5kg parcel 6 euros to Germany, 16 to EU and whatever DHL charge for the rest of the world

Last edited:
I can recommend everyone avoids the eBay link you suggested. I built one of these into a C64 wedge. It lasted maybe 1 hour before pop-fizz. You saw my thread on Forum64 ?

Any repairs I will leave up to the new owner. I am 99% sure that one or more of the diodes that make up the bridge rectifier are busted. With my continuity meter they 'beeped' differently on the 5vDC rail compared to the 12vDC. Additionally the smoothing electrolyte capacitors could be changed as a precaution and the LM7805/LM7812 changed for the switching equivalent.

hi mrr19121970,
didn't saw your post on forum64, so have no idea what do You mean. I have rebuilt one Amiga psu with Mean Well mentioned in first link from Reichelt about a year ago, it works very well without any issues, have no experience with one from the second link (from ebay) added just one i was able to find :)

PS
there is an interesting video about C64 PSU on Youtube, if You are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fej_3XbufRA&t=1s

Last edited:
Interest was expressed in a wanted thread, but the PSU needed to be repaired. It now is fully working. Price adjusted to reflect this. Was 59 for parts, now 75 fully working.

Closing this thread as feedback can be completed on Wanted thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom