AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hey All!

I'm trying to setup my Blizzard PPC, I'm using Classic Workbench OS3.9

I've setup CWB as a stock setup and then all I've added are the mediator files and voodoo drivers and setup screen modes, this all went well and the system is running nice.

However when I install WarpOS ( I've tried V14.x and the updated version from http://powerup.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=13 ) the Amiga hangs on booting after the software has been installed.

The only options that works is 'compatible version 7' but when I try to run and PPC stuff it either dosen't run or asks for V14.x!

Anyone have any idea's? Maybe there is something in CWB OS3.9 I need to disable?

As of yet the only thing PPC that runs for me is ADoomPPC and I'm not even sure if thats using the PPC.

Cheers!

Steve.

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

I've managed to get it working a bit, must be something in CWB OS3.9 that the WarpOS dosen't like, maybe someone here knows what?

I went back to my Classic Workbench P96 setup and thats working fine with WarpOS (but not Warp3D GRR) Lots to fiddle with now though
biggrin.gif

I uploaded a short Vid of Quake running to my Youtube - tried Quake 2 but it crapped out black screen
banghead.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DDnfiaxaSI Enjoy!

I ran it here at 320x240 becuase its soooooooooo fast but it runs nice 640x480 but some reason the colours are a bit messed up, voodoo driver problem maybe? Strange but it looks perfect in 800x600 but runs a little slow - next thing to get working is Wapr3D and GL Quake/2.
crazy.gif
And then some Wipeout2097
cool.gif

Steve.

One day there is a 'lost' package, and the next day you're playing Quake on your 1200. It's a weird world ain't it ^^

I'm quite excited actually to see Quake 2 running in the ppc with a voodoo card on an amiga, i never saw/tried that.

Good luck with the card matey and thanks for funding my ps3 Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Edition ^^

One day there is a 'lost' package, and the next day you're playing Quake on your 1200. It's a weird world ain't it ^^

I'm quite excited actually to see Quake 2 running in the ppc with a voodoo card on an amiga, i never saw/tried that.

Good luck with the card matey and thanks for funding my ps3 Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Edition ^^

Thanks for all the updates along the way, it was a pleasure to deal with you :cool:

Steve.

Mine is waiting at the post office, I can only imagine the nightmare I'm going to have setting it up :(

Mine is waiting at the post office, I can only imagine the nightmare I'm going to have setting it up :(

Trust me, nothing compares to the nightmare of trying to plug a PicassoIV into an A4000 which is what I'm trying to do now.

Stopping for a break! :coffee:

Trust me, nothing compares to the nightmare of trying to plug a PicassoIV into an A4000 which is what I'm trying to do now.

really? how about having your eyes pecked out by crows? or a bug laying eggs in your ear? :p

really? how about having your eyes pecked out by crows? or a bug laying eggs in your ear? :p

Seriously I still can't get the bugger to fit, whose idea was this anyway to make slots that are impossible to fit expansions to geeeeeeeeeeeez! I feel an Amirant comming on! Any tips?

amiwiggle (TM) and amislide (TM)

are you fitting it in the bottom slot? it's the only one it'll fit in (have you read the attached PDF?)

Attachments

• PicassoIV.pdf
    321.2 KB · Views: 0
Yeah it just says 'plug it in' lol

Anyway managed to squeeze it in, but won't boot :(

Will start a proper thread if I can't get it going...

Cheers!

no he used gental words of persuasion as the slot was a virgin and with a little bit of persistence she aquested to having it inserted

though it seems she did`t like the experience

No, he used gentle words of persuasion as the slot was a virgin and with a little bit of persistence she acquiesced to having it inserted

though it seems she didn't like the experience

well the 1st time is always the worst, it'll all loosen up after a while, but don't over do it or it'll end up all sloppy

Done it! And got it working :D

Will update my A4k thread (y)

Damn my fingers hurt though...

Back
Top Bottom