PDA

View Full Version : Closed BBC Micro's, cub monitor and disk drives etc - job lot

Skilgannon
19th September 2010, 17:25
Hi folks,

Just for a week I'm going to see if anyone wants this lot as a job lot before I split it up.

Been in the loft powering this stuff up and taking photo's and the below is what I have to off load:

2x BBC Model B's - one seems to work perfectly and the one with writing on it comes up with "!" marks on boot.
1x BBC Master. This one boots up fine but shows "Acorn MOS - this is not a language" on the screen. Possible CMOS issue?
1 Twin (side by side) Cumana Disk Drive
1 Twin "generic" (stacked) disk drive which looks a bit damaged and has a broken disk lock
1 Single Akhter BBC single floppy drive (powered by the output on the underside of the computer)
1 BBC Tape Deck
1 CUB 1431 RGB monitor

Condition of everything varies from just needing a clean to the drive with the broken lock. Hopefully the pictures give you an indication of how things are.

Everything powers up fine and the CUB monitor picture looks great. I don't have any BBC disks to test the drives out but they certainly power up at least.

Like I said - if I can get this lot gone as a job lot I'll take 80 for the lot as long as whoever wants it can pick it up (Glasgow).

Will separate it all out next weekend in a different thread if no-one wants it as a job lot.

Cheers all :thumbsup:

John

Station240
19th September 2010, 23:33
The BBC Master just needs a new battery pack, its just 3x AAs and a possibly new holder. Easy enough to get a new one from :nuts:bay

Skilgannon
20th September 2010, 22:21
Thanks Station - I might have a wee look at replacing those then.

John

TheCorfiot
21st September 2010, 10:41
Thanks Station - I might have a wee look at replacing those then.

John

John

If the pack has std alkaline batteries just check that a charge circuit protect diode has been fitted before replacement.

After Battery replacement you will still get the same screen display as you will need to reset the CMOS data using the MOS *Configure command with various parameters, including the Floppydrive speed settings.

It is indeed a common symptom on Acorn Master Machines, not really a fault as batteries do expire.

I would be tempted to let the new owner do the battery changes & configs.

TC :cool:

Skilgannon
22nd September 2010, 10:50
Thanks TC - might just do that (given the collective price I'm asking for all this stuff).

Cheers

J

tokyoracer
22nd September 2010, 12:55
I would have loved to take this all as a job lot if you was near, however if your ever tempted to sell the Master and that cassette player and maybe that "side by side" disk drive, let me know please. :)

Skilgannon
22nd September 2010, 13:14
Hi Tokyo - if noone wants it as a job lot by the weekend I'll be splitting it up in a separate thread so keep an eye open over the weekend for that happening :)

Cheers

J

cosmicfrog
22nd September 2010, 15:24
ahhh the CUB 1431 RGB monitor my first colour display for my amiga once I converted it to analog

might go for a floppy drive @ weekend, see what rest of week brings first

tokyoracer
22nd September 2010, 15:24
Hi Tokyo - if noone wants it as a job lot by the weekend I'll be splitting it up in a separate thread so keep an eye open over the weekend for that happening :)

Cheers

J
I would be up for trades too :)

Skilgannon
25th September 2010, 09:16
Hi Mod's please close this thread as I'm about to list the items separately now. Cheers, John

TheCorfiot
25th September 2010, 11:19
As you wish John

TC :cool: