PDA

View Full Version : Swap Amiga A1200 for Unmodded Xbox 1 console

Alcatan
20th September 2010, 16:51
I am after an Original unmodified Xbox 1 console, any colour, provided it works and is in fairly good condition, with cables and a controller. (would Like it to come boxed but not necessary) Don't require any games but if you have a job lot to swap I will be happy to do so.

I am offering up for trade a working A1200 only, (no cables or PSU) fitted with 3.0 roms, with a 1.7gb Hard disk fitted installed with Workbench 3.0. The Keys are yellowed, however the Case is Clean and white.

Will be happy to waive postage costs etc or meet to swap.

alexh
20th September 2010, 17:38
I can ask around at work if you like? I must have soft-modded 10's of them in the past and they are probably languishing in people's attics.

Only take 2 minutes to revert the soft-mod and install the latest M$ dashboard if you REALLY want it un-touched? (Although now XBOX-Live for XBOX-1 is closed I'm not quite sure why you'd want an Original unmodified box)

I can also give you the EPROM key for any of our boxes which is essential should the hard drive need replacing in the future.

Just let me know if you want me to get you one.

Alcatan
20th September 2010, 17:54
Hi Alexh,

If you have any that are in good condition with cables etc, then I am interested, I am after an xbox that has no hardware modding for definate, if you have one for trade (with the dvd kit) that would be great.

Cheers, Alc.

moijk
20th September 2010, 18:10
Hi Alexh,

If you have any that are in good condition with cables etc, then I am interested, I am after an xbox that has no hardware modding for definate, if you have one for trade (with the dvd kit) that would be great.

Cheers, Alc.

I've got one with euro plug (like the type most excluding uk uses) that is not that much used, not modded and has a dvd kit. Located in Norway though, so shipping is higher. I might even have the box somewhere.

Marc
20th September 2010, 18:17
Hi Alexh,

Cheers, Alc.

I have one in loft. Let me dig out this week and test if it works. If you get offer before, please take

Alcatan
20th September 2010, 18:20
@wasagi,

great let me know.

Marc
20th September 2010, 19:26
Np do you know what rev mobo it has?

Alcatan
20th September 2010, 19:35
rev 2b

Marc
20th September 2010, 20:13
One day I will find a 1d1! Anyways I'll let you know when I dig out and test, will probably be saturday as manic week. I will check this thread to see if you have found one before then.

Zetr0
20th September 2010, 21:11
@Alcatan

I have one here (unmodded and working)

quite happy to swap for your A1200 =)

I shall hit you up on PM in a smidge after dinner.

HonestFlames
20th September 2010, 21:15
D'oh! I have a boxed, mint Xbox upstairs. Even got a nice orange memory card from my Xbox Live beta-testing kit (got the actual kit somewhere, too).

I think perhaps I'll start a 'swap' thread ;)

alexh
20th September 2010, 21:37
You have to consider you can probably get an XBOX 1 from eBay for collection sell your A1200 and make a profit

Marc
20th September 2010, 21:50
You have to consider you can probably get an XBOX 1 from eBay for collection locally for under £Cabbage then sell your A1200 for £Sprouts and make £a Casserole!

Then run the risk of it having stealth hardware mods!

I think trade with Zetro, he is a good man :)

Zetr0
20th September 2010, 21:53
@Alexh

Although you are quite right for the most part - we cannot have prices quoted as you have done as its considered price guiding / driving

as I am potentially participating in this thread it would be wrong of me to moderate it.

If, however I could ask that you remove prices you have stated, as another mod would do when they come along.

alexh
20th September 2010, 23:12
@Alcatan (http://amibay.com/member.php?u=2241)

If you got a local one from eBay you'd get your box much sooner. No postage required. Greener for the environment not shipping stuff.

Plus as I offered first surely I get first refusal? ;)

Alcatan
21st September 2010, 11:09
@Alexh

The way I read your post is that you don't have an xbox but you will see if you can get one.

So 1st refusal would be applicable if you had an xbox currently.

I didn't want to go the route of ebay for several reasons the main being:

1) I don't have an ebay account
2) I know I can trust the people I deal with on Amibay

@Mojik,
Thank you for the offer however Postage will be a deal-breaker on that one.

---------- Post added at 11:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Currently I read this thread as Follows:

Wasagi 1st however is happy for me to accept other offers ahead of the weekend

Zetr0 2nd, and is ready to proceed

@honestflames, are you in if Zetr0 or Wasagi pull out or fall through

alexh, will let me know if he gets a working unmodded xbox to swap.

Zetr0
21st September 2010, 11:21
@Alcatan

let alaexh see if he has an XBox available - if he cannot by say thursday?

I have one here already boxed to go - comes with power cable and composite RCA =)

Alcatan
21st September 2010, 11:31
@Zetr0,

Thats sounds Fair to me.

@alexh Let me know

alexh
21st September 2010, 11:50
Give the swap to Zetr0. You want your box asap and he's all ready to go it seems (make sure he includes the all important joypad).

Still curious to know why it needs to be unmodded? The original WD hard drives in these boxes are notorious for dying and without having extracted the key you'll be stuffed when it goes.

Zetr0
21st September 2010, 11:52
Just give it to Zetr0. He's all moist at the prospect :)

LOL!!! only if you are sure alexh!

and yes I can lump in a controller =)

Alcatan
21st September 2010, 12:43
@Zetr0,

could you PM me a photo, I will reciprocate tonight with some photo's of the Miggy, to make sure we are both are happy before proceeding.

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

@alexh

Simply, I have no need of a modded console, I'm only gonna play original xbox games on it, and maybe watch a dvd now and then.

I have found to my misfortune in the past when I have acquired something that has been "modded" then it usually breaks on me and quite quicky (and usually failure is irreparable), though I suppose that is just down to my bad luck.

alexh
21st September 2010, 13:05
maybe watch a dvd now and then.
FYI, you cannot play DVD's on an unmodded X-Box without the "DVD Movie Playback Kit"

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1553/wvd5.jpg

I now understand where you're coming from about the unmodded bit. Just take care as without an EPROM key you cannot replace the hard drive.
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1553/wvd5.jpgp

Alcatan
21st September 2010, 13:12
@alexh

Aye thanks, I was hoping to get a dvd kit in the trade but if not I'll hunt around.

I may pick your brains in future if I ever need to swap the HD, if thats ok ;)

HonestFlames
21st September 2010, 13:18
I can offer if everyone else does drop out.

Xbox 1 in box (though one half of one side of the polystyrene packing is missing and the box itself has some damage).
1 controller (newer 'S' type - but I also have a slightly modified original 'fat' type too, which I might be willing to trade).
Original cables (power and video + original SCART adapter).

Everything is mint condition apart from the box. I think the Xbox even still has the peel-off protecty thing on the front.

Zetr0
21st September 2010, 14:35
@Alcatan

to be honest - HonestFlames- Xbox is in better condition than mine - which I got from Game station a while back. so I would urge you to consider his - as this is a wanted thread - it really comes down to what you want =)

I will get some pics for your muse a bit later after dinner =)

in the mean time I tihnk I might be able to help with problems you had with modded XBoxes.

I have.... oh way to many modded XBoxes, and have modded way to many as well - and the problems you describe comes down to very cheap flash chips - of which I have about 8 of them here that require a re-flash (re-program)

The reason for this is (i believe) as they as so cheap they dont have any protection from the small surge of power on start up is enough to erase or partially erase the mod chip it over time.. I have found that by using the Executor 2.06CE or higher - you will not have any problems I have 2 XBoxes that have been running for years with these mod-chips - also I have moded atleast another 8 boxes last year alone.

In essence the Xecutor mod chip is a little more expensive (almost twice as much as say the Alladin or DuoX clone) but it is so much more worth it!

Alcatan
21st September 2010, 15:12
Thanks Zetr0 :thumbsup:

@Honest flames, PM me a Picky and I'll reciprocate tonight.

Many thanks guys

alexh
21st September 2010, 15:42
the problems you describe comes down to very cheap flash chips. In essence the Xecutor mod chip is a little more expensive but it is so much more worth it!
[camp voice on]Oh, M, Gee. That's SOOO last year! I mean come on! Who hard-mods these days? :D[/camp voice off]

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=38322

HonestFlames
21st September 2010, 15:54
I'll sort some pics out a bit later.

I managed to dig out my old Fuji cam but I've got to charge some batteries up.

HonestFlames
21st September 2010, 16:06
Right, coaxed some juice out of the batteries already.

Rather annoyingly, having taken the Xbox out of the box, I've noticed 2 scratches on the top. You can see them on the photo.

I don't remember them being there when I put it away :thumbsdown:

Will understand if you'd rather take another offer.

Alcatan
21st September 2010, 16:10
@honestflames

np dude, that looks the business to me, exactly what I'm after. I'll post some pickies of the A1200 after dinner tonight and you can let me know if your happy to go ahead.

d0pefish
21st September 2010, 16:15
I have an Xbox spare too. It's in great condition and is one of the later models, revision 1.6.

It has no box, but can supply either an original full-size "Duke" controller or a clear "S" slim controller, and a couple of loose games that came with it.

I carefully opened it a while ago to check its motherboard revision when I was searching for an old rev 1.2 Xbox to modify (I wanted to do a VGA mod) but it is not modified, just the warranty stickers holed where the screws were accessed. Understood if this puts you off and you prefer one of the "completely untouched" ones. Unused ever since, but recently tested :)

Can supply pictures if you're interested, and am located in Bristol so would be more than happy to drive for a meetup to save postage.

An A1200 would be very handy for when I visit scene parties, as taking the 4000 is a bit of a pain :p hence the interest.

Alcatan
21st September 2010, 16:43
@d0pefish

thanks for the offer however I will proceed with Honestflames as he has just what I'm looking for.

d0pefish
21st September 2010, 16:45
No worries mate. :thumbsup:

HonestFlames
21st September 2010, 19:30
@ d0pefish: Sorry dude, you can always swap the 4000 for my 1200 ;)

Alcatan
21st September 2010, 21:06
@honestflames, here are some piccies of the a1200, sorry but my digital camera is not the best in the world:p

If you want some pics of the mobo etc let me know.

HonestFlames
21st September 2010, 21:58
No worries, my digicam is probably not much better!

I'd love to see shots of the motherboard though, if that's groovy? To be fair, it's the prospect of a working floppy drive which is my main reason for wanting another A1200 in the house.

Mind you... if it's a nice, old board revision, I'll quite possibly make a go of putting it in a windowed tower. :)

**EDIT**

If you fancy, I've got a spare still-in-the-wrapper Project Gotham Racing 2 (classics edition) I can include with the Xbox.

Alcatan
29th September 2010, 09:06
Xbox arrived Monday however, has been damaged in transit. Honestflames is seeking compensation from the courier.

d0pefish
29th September 2010, 09:27
Sorry to hear mate :(

If you still need an Xbox, mine is still around.

Best wishes, and I hope Honestflames manages to get reimbursed for the damage. Bloody couriers; infuriating when that happens.

I'm a little nervous as I have a RRoD 360 on its way to Germany via UPS for repair... hope it doesnt get footballed :(

Alcatan
29th September 2010, 09:56
@D0pefish,

thanks m8, i know, it sux, I've only got a spare a500 to swap now, I'll have to check it's condition though, if you are interested in that then I'll be happy to meet half way. But that would have to be in a few weeks time.

Though I will probably need to start a new thread as if we do that.

d0pefish
29th September 2010, 10:08
Ah - I should have realised your 1200 is now up for sale :Doh: - apologies!

It was an A1200 I was looking for really - but thanks anyway mate, and best of luck with your sale :thumbsup:

Alcatan
29th September 2010, 10:24
@D0pefish,

thats another one of my spare A1200's :D

not this one.