Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
These were shipped inside every C128 Box, Unfortunately I don't have any with my C128.
Disc types are - 5.25" for the 1571.
I don't think there are any legal issues regarding copies as the license was supplied with the purchased C128.

So if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

TC :)

I can attempt to make copies of mine. I've never done this in CPM but I'll be happy to try. :D I'll let you know if I get a chance tonight to try it out.

Heather

@TheCorfiot:

I'm quite sure I have a few spare (new & sealed).
Will try to find them this weekend, its yours for shipping cost :)

the d64's are available from zimmers

they are under the pub/cbm/demodisks/c128/ directory

If you have a way of writing out d64 files, then these should do what you need. I used them to play with cpm under vice a couple of years ago.

I just downloaded on and booted it under vice. They have a gz extension, but are really just d64s. take off the gz.

Later,
dabone

Thank you all for your warm replies of support :bowdown:

Up until today I only had an ole 1541 which although works great is slooooooowwwww. Thanks to Jon Hare I am the proud owner of a 1571 & wanted to tamper with C128 CPM.
I have successfully written a few d64 files using Dos622 & a parallel XE type cable kindly loaned by Merlin with my 1541, but these have just been games.
I wasn't sure if Star Commander would operate the 1571 & it's dual sided nature or the CPM format discs.
Certainly worth trying (y)

If I can't get it to work I would appreciate Uberfreak's offer for a set of the originals, most kind indeed sir, please let me know the postage costs(y)

Heather, me ole china as always, many thanks for offering to have a go at those backups, and of course for the PM ;)

I've used CPM, or should I say CPN :blink: on the Acorn BBC micro Z80 second processor, I'm just curious to give V3.0 on the C128 a go.

My thanks to you all

TC :D

I don't know from StarCommander, but there's sector-level disk-image utilities on zimmers.net that work with any D64 image, CBM or CP/M.

Actually the original disks were single sided, as shown by the d64 images.
(Alot of people had a 1541, not alot had the 1571.)

There is also a 1581 image up there to play with.

Later,
dabone

Well I hooked up my 1571 to my ole P3 PC, started up DOS622 & Star Commander & was able to create the CPM system discs from the .d64 images. Boot's perfectly on the C128 (y)

I even found time to write an Elite128 Floppy as well :LOL:

Thanks all for your advice & help but it's time to close the thread, funny how sometimes the answers are always staring you in the face.

Regards
TC :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom