Found Defective A4000 motherboard( stripped or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 97.9%
47   1   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Groningen
Hi,

I'm looking for a defective A4000 motherboard to either repair or strip completely. Battery damage or capacitor leakage is no problem. That for me is the most interesting repair to try.

If you have a motherboard that has been mostly stripped of it's parts I would like to buy that so I can completely strip it and then put in a frame so I can hang it on the wall. After a good cleaning offcourse.

I have a semi-functional board to give away. It does not have any battery damage. (y) All of the chips are installed as well as the memory. It had problems recognizing cards installed in the ZII/ZIII slots as well as the hard drives. Sometimes it would see them, sometimes it would not. Also the memory retainer tabs are broken, however, the memory is secured with zip-ties and has never been a problem.

You are welcome to have the board for the cost of packaging & shipping from USA zipcode 94579.

I hope you can mke this happen guys -

@PulsatingQuasar

please take pics or repair or recreation into a picture frame =)

I have a semi-functional board to give away. It does not have any battery damage. (y) All of the chips are installed as well as the memory. It had problems recognizing cards installed in the ZII/ZIII slots as well as the hard drives. Sometimes it would see them, sometimes it would not. Also the memory retainer tabs are broken, however, the memory is secured with zip-ties and has never been a problem.

You are welcome to have the board for the cost of packaging & shipping from USA zipcode 94579.

Great. Thank you very much.

Please tell me how much you want for the shipping and handling and I'll send it to you. Is Paypal an option?

Have estimate of $40 USD. Will PM Paypal email address if you decide that you want the board.

The board was mailed today and should arrive in 10 business days, so somewhere around the 20th you should have it.

:thumbsup2:

That was flippin fast. :) It is already here!

Thanks for the motherboard and the bonus stuff. I'll now have to clear some time to test and start fixing this motherboard. Optically it seems very much salvageable. Unfortunately I don't think I will have time this weekend.

First life

First life

Hi,

The A4000 board produced a black screen when first testing it. I removed all memory and it was still black.

After replacing the 28 MHz oscillator, the small chip above the battery and the small chip next to the battery the board produced a green screen. Added some chip mem and it booted from DF0: into Workbench.

The first tests seem good. So this board will be fixed.

Also got a 4000 cr rev D board which was also broken and already stripped partly. So I am now in the process of completely stripping this board so I can stick it in a frame on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom