mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
does anyone have an 50mhz crystal / oscillator for the Apollo cards?

if not i'll order one from Amigakit tomorrow.

cheers:D

edit - need a 50 MHz not 100 MHz :)

Last edited:
does the 060 use need an 100 mhz crystal to run at 50 mhz as a 040 does or does it need a 50mhz crystal to run at 50 mhz?

040 is working on clock speed divided by 2.
Example for Apollo 1240: Oscillator is 66MHz so 040 clock is 33MHz

060 is working on clock speed.
Example for Apollo 1260: Oscillator is 66MHz so 060 clock is 66MHz

I did think that to be honest but I'm sure I read someone say the 060 was the same as an 040 ahhh so I need a 50mhz crystal then after all :)

Thanks for the info :)

If your Apollo 1240 is 25MHz model you have 50MHz oscillator on the turbo board already, don't need to buy another.

I did think that to be honest but I'm sure I read someone say the 060 was the same as an 040 ahhh so I need a 50mhz crystal then after all :)

Thanks for the info :)

I made that mistake in another thread. I'd assumed the same as you that if an '040 needs a double-speed oscillator, then the '060 would too. Apparently this isn't the case.

Ahh lol thought I'd read it somewhere, nevermind ha ha... All this takes me back to the mid 90s and 486 pc days ...(dos and windows 3.1) bloody awful things !

@mjnurney: If you actually need an 50mhz crystal, just PM me for the details. It's the rectangle-shaped one i got, not the long one.

Cheers I will pm you after 5 when I get home from work, my iPhone won't let me pm for some reason , thanks

@salaxi54

thanks anyway but wrong crystal - i need the retangular type not square :)

Yup, too bad i couldn't be of assistance. That language-barrier thing does it's tricks once again! Meaning square i mentioned rectangular. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom