Not open for further replies.

Acill

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Oxnard, Ca.
This is a pre-sale feeler thread only. I built this to use my ACA500+ with my 1000. The first 10 of these were built by me and sold for nearly cost to build ($45 USD) and were very well received through the Facebook Amiga group. I am thinking of taking in some pre-orders for to do another batch of 10 or more depending on the interest I receive in this thread. The cost is my issue. Shipping in the US is easy and is only $8 in a small flat rate USPS box. To Europe cost me about $18 at first class in a small box with enough protection. The 86 pin edge connectors much be bought in advance and require me to pay for 10 minimum at a time and are $10 each.

What would be fair to you for these? $45 assembled isnt enough I feel to make it worth the time it takes but I dont want it looking like I am being greedy as well.

Breakdown of the cost is as follows:
86 pin connector $10 each,
Header pins, $2 each (need 4)
6 pin IDC cables $5 each to build,
40 pin IDC cables $5.25 each to build (Uses 2),
Circuit boards $94 for a batch of 20
My Time to build cables, solder headers and edge connectors is about 2 hours.

Attachments

• A1000_Edge.jpg
    A1000_Edge.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 0
  • A1000_Edge2.jpg
    A1000_Edge2.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 0
I am still trying to figure out what a good fair price would be for them. Also it takes 3-5 weeks for the 86 pin edge connectors to come in once I order and pay for them.

Wish I had one before. Ruined my 500+ putting it in wrong one time. Quick and impulsive switching between computers.

This project is cursed or somethign! Every time I order connectors they have come bad or been the wrong part packed by the supplier! I guess I will have to use Digikey or Mouser, but not ordering them in large batches makes them way more expensive than I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom