SolidCore

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
united kingdom
Region
west midlands
NEW 2019 REVISION COMING SOON

Amiga mouse/joystick auto switch, also compatible with A600 case and CD32 controllers.

EEhXqdR.jpg
(zoom in)

Inspired by a Schematic by Mark Spankus from the 1990's. My design takes through-hole to a fully SMD design with pull ups on pin 6.

Is your hardware compatible?

Built for and tested on the A1000, A1200, cd32 (with extension cable/block), will work on a500-a4000 or other hardware with same pinout.

To ensure hardware
compatibility please refer to your machine and controller Schematic, the following is required:

Pin 6 - Fire 1 / Left Mouse (clk cd32)
Pin 7 - +5V
Pin 8 - GND

Amiga 600 compatible

Amiga CD32

Tested and Working on CD32! CD32 games and WHDload games / mouse in workbench work as expected.
CD32 clearance fix is a d-sub 9 male/female back to back. this will be provided FREE for cd32 owners.
How did I make this cd32 compatible? A small jumper wire and diode has been added to fix the amiga pin 6 clk output for input 1, input 2 takes mouse.

z3e5uao.jpgk8Xo2QN.jpgstt8qOf.jpg
(zoom in) . . . . . . . . . (zoom in)..................(zoom in)

1 unit left!!! 9 sold

If anyone is interested in taking some off my hands, I'll let them go at £12 a piece + postage fee (shipped from/within the UK).
Includes free technical support & troubleshooting. CD32 Owners receive a FREE DE9 male to female DE9 back to back extension. Design may vary to Picture.

Sold Units/ Name / Country:
1 x Victor_CC - Spain
1 x
CRP - Italy
1x
MyNameisPox - USA
3x RiotRetroGaming - UK

Last edited:
Are they CD32 compatible? I've two Roboshift adapters and they do not like CD32 pads.

Yes, it's straight through clk on pin 6 with diode for cd32. Must be inserted into the mouse port allowing you to switch between mouse at input 2 on adapter and cd32 pada at input 1 on the adapter.

Last edited:
New interest. After seeing riots video :) Replying to old thread.

Last edited:
I may do another run on these sometime. I'd have to gather enough interest 1st though. They are compatible with cd32.

Last edited:
Interested, pm sent.

Interest received for 4x units.

Anyone else want any? Looks like we are green lit for an order.

I have decided a rework on the design slightly to accommodate cd32 clearance (without de9 back to back extension) as well as the required diode footprint and additional trace. In this case a new batch of PCBs will be ordered from jlcpcb. Once received thread will be updated.

I'm interested in two of these units please. It looked like you have stock on retromodshop.com but the basket / purchase system does't seem to be working. Did you make any more?

Hi guys,

16/03/2020 Update:

I am looking to produce the next version of this hardware with the cd32 compatibility built-in to the pcb design.

I will update the thread once the design is finished and start asking for everyone interested to pre-order while the PCB's are on their way.

Out of respect to everyone I don't want to prematurely ask for any monies until I am ready and can safely guarantee the production of this hardware, which I think is reasonable!

Chris

Last edited:
Payment sent for SolidCore's spare Rev 1 pcb design unit (PM'd for details).

Pledging an interest for a further Rev 2 unit when available.

Hi guys,

16/03/2020 Update:

I am looking to produce the next version of this hardware with the cd32 compatibility built-in to the pcb design.

I will update the thread once the design is finished and start asking for everyone interested to pre-order while the PCB's are on their way.

Out of respect to everyone I don't want to prematurely ask for any monies until I am ready and can safely guarantee the production of this hardware, which I think is reasonable!

Chris

Could you possibly use through-hole DB9 connectors in your new Revision as I think these would be better able to withstand wear & tear from plugging in & out gamepads & joysticks?

Payment sent for SolidCore's spare Rev 1 pcb design unit (PM'd for details).

Pledging an interest for a further Rev 2 unit when available.

Refund issued. After lots of testing it appears this last unit is a faulty unit unfortunately, so I can't possibly send you it. No other replacement exists right now until i make v2.

Ok, fair enough. Refund received. Interest is now for 2 no. Rev 2 units. Hope the project comes together for you.

Interest Queue

Interest Queue

Back
Top Bottom