Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Country
UK
Region
London
Up for sale is :-

A2090A Zorro II ST506(MFM) + SCSI hard drive controller for Amiga 2000
This is the later version with autoboot ROMs - tested working absolutely fine (both ST506 and SCSI i/f's checked OK).
It does NOT support RDB standard, so needs command-line utils to setup.
Apart from its somewhat earlier version - the non-autoboot A2090 - this is the first SCSI HBA released by C= for Amiga.
It should work correctly with all revisions of Amiga 2000, but I think at least kickstart 1.3 is reqd for the card to autoboot.

IMG_1882s.jpg

Rodime 3055 MFM hard drive. This is a 3.5" HH (i.e. 1.7" height) drive. I'm declaring this one as FULLY WORKING .... as in :-
In the few months I've had it, it has NEVER failed to spin up and work.
Initially I had set it up manually - i.e. somewhat fudging its geometry. But yesterday I got around to testing again - but this time using the "official" setup floppy as downloaded from here :-

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/a2090a

Following the instructions exactly results in a somewhat archaic partition layout of

dh0: Boot = size of a floppy
FH0: Workbench = ~3MB
FH1: Work = the rest, i.e. 40MB

and continuing the scripts on the setup floppy installs WB1.3 to both dh0: and FH0: (long story).

During this process the partitions are formatted with verify - and this drive chucked up ZERO bad sectors.

IMG_1877s.jpg IMG_1879s.jpg IMG_1880s.jpg

Also included are the necesary control and data cables. The control cable is not C= original, and is not keyed ... so just align the red stripe with pin 1 on the 2090A.

Currently installed with Workbench 1.3, but as I cannot supply original media, it will be wiped (but I will leave the partitions intact) before shipping.
During prep, I opted to have the drive park itself, so as to be as safe as possible during shipping.
The drive is currently mounted hard-card stylee on a dummy full-length card which has backplane bracket and sits in the card slot at front of machine, but it could obviously also be mounted in a floppy bay at front or in the 5.25" bay underneath with a 5.25"->3.5" adapter plate (which I could include if requested).

A fully working drive of this age (~30 years) is quite rare - a real collectors item - so I'm asking £80 net for both A2090A and Rodime 3055 (shipping not included).

I _may_ consider splitting the drive from the A2090A .... but would prefer to keep them together.

Last edited by a moderator:
PM about shipping replied - but need a little time to identify shipping materielle/size/weight.

Last edited:
Sale agreed with ludovicfrance - payment details PM'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom