Not open for further replies.

hyperlogos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United States
Region
California
I have a working but rough-looking (faded, no trapdoor, some minor case damage, floppy nonworking, screws missing) A1200 with multiple accessories that I want to sell ASAP. I am willing to sell complete or as parts. I'm not sure just what all this stuff is worth used so I'd appreciate some help with pricing. Everything works, any problems are listed. No secret problems, just known ones :)

ami.jpg

Amiga: The A1200 is a mid-year US/NTSC model with 3.0 ROMs. I have performed the timing fixes for the aca1221ec accelerator. A 2.1GB Fujitsu ATA disk is included and working. (It was a transplant from a Win95 laptop.) I also have a 4GB CF card, and CF adapter, also working. I installed a 60W PicoPSU with 12V input and used a 12V switching brick (included) to power that.

The floppy drive is not working, but I do have an Amiga 1011 external floppy drive which is working. Floppy intermittently detects a disk when none is installed, and doesn't work correctly when one is installed either.

I did not remove the power supply connector from the mainboard, I just attached onto its legs. If you want the naked mainboard, I can easily reverse the power supply hack. I kept the cable from the OE power supply, so if you want to move the PicoPSU out of the case, you can do that. Putting it inside makes its power available to the accelerator directly, and avoids Amiga power connector problems completely. I drilled two small (~1/4") holes in the rear of the top case for the switch and barrel jack.

Accelerator: I have the aca1221ec with the 25 MHz CPU. It works great. Available together or separately.

ROMS: I also have 3.1 ROMs, never installed. I made a custom 3.1 ROM and softkicked it using the accelerator, but didn't want the ATA boot delay in 3.1.

I also have a capacitor kit (I meant to install it eventually but never got around to getting a reflow tool.) The Ami is working fine, though.

Floppy: Amiga 1011 880k DSDD floppy drive in good condition. Works great, noclick works.

Sampler: I have a GVP DSS8+ stereo sampler. It seems to work. Would throw in to the lot.

Controller: I hacked a cheapest-possible Mega Drive controller knockoff for Amiga operation. I tested it with three and six button operation in Amiga Doom, and it works. It also works as a one- or two-button controller in other Amiga games. Will throw in with the lot.

PCMCIA Ethernet: I have a D-Link DFE-670TXD card, which is one of very few 10/100 ethernet cards which work on the A1200. It's not much faster, but it is easier to get working on modern networks. I have not done the PCMCIA fix so it has to be plugged in after boot (none of the soft fixes seem to work.) Works fine with AmiTCP or Miami. Will throw in with lot.

Available now. Prefer to sell the lot to one buyer but will break up if I can move all the main pieces (1200, 1011, aca1221ec.) Buy all of those and you get everything else for free since it's not worth that much anyway. Thinking around $300 for the whole schmeer shipped, but tell me if I'm being unrealistic.

Last edited:
I thought I'd better remind some of you that you can't express interest in parts until individual prices are added.

A1200, ACA1221ec, DSS8+, A1011 etc. in whole or parts

Interested in the lot for a friend

Is the shipping included worldwide or just in your country??

Would you be able to post pictures of all items please and some of the damage you mentioned in the thread.

Last edited:
Interested in the lot for a friend

Is the shipping included worldwide or just in your country??

Just in the USA. I'm open to shipping to other countries, but we'll have to discuss shipping costs.

Would you be able to post pictures of all items please and some of the damage you mentioned in the thread.

You can actually see the damage; besides the power supply holes, too-long screws were used in the bottom case holes and they made little bumps in the case lid. They could probably be all but burnished away with a metal implement, but I haven't tried.

Also, the trackball is missing one rubber foot, and the Ami is missing all of them.

Last edited:
A1200, ACA1221ec, DSS8+, A1011 etc. in whole or parts

Where do I need to price this stuff to get it to go? It needs to go.

Interested withdrawn AndrewM your up next

Has I said in the PM we are not allowed to discuss prices as per the rules or give indication of value.

We also can’t make an offer for it because you haven’t stated you are open to offers next to the price in your thread, But if you added this option you may get a quicker sale

You mentioned about selling items separately but again has part of the rules we cannot declare interest on items separately until you give each of the items a price, this is what Davideo is eluding too in post #2 of the thread.

Last edited:
OK, I am open to offers. If I just put a price of $100 on each of the major components, is that sufficient to let people make offers on each thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom