Not open for further replies.

britlord

Rating - 97.9%
46   1   0
Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Guys.. I have a new ACA 1233n with a full Motorola 68030 (50MHz), and a FPU (Same speed and both in sockets too).. Board has 128 MB of ram....This is the fasted 030 accelerator that you can buy (11.94 MIPS)... Faster than a Blizzard 1230/IV.. Guaranteed NOT dead on arrival...Comes with clock and the original box too.....

swap for a M-Tec E-Matrix 530 (Viper 530).....

Attachments

• 100_1265.jpg
    100_1265.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1266.jpg
    100_1266.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
as I said this board is Much Much better than any blizzard

Last edited:
Hi,

How is this board overclocked? Is the 80 Mhz SMD oscillator replaced with a 100 MHz one?

Last edited:
I have my REV2B mobo time fixed, and had ACA1230(28). It was too unstable so I have sold it. Would this one work or freeze like the other ACA? Thank you

Good morning,
I'm interested in your item. Will send a PM

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, had to post twice to be able to use the PM function

@Gloriou

Normally new members use the Introduce yourself section to increase their post count.

Your post above still counts as one.

For the record, I have yet to withdraw interest - just doing a bit of research beforehand since I'd never heard of one of these with the processor replaced AND the FPU added.

It's not for sale just a swap. For a M-Tec E-Matrix 530 (Viper 530)
- - - Updated - - -

For the record, I have yet to withdraw interest - just doing a bit of research beforehand since I'd never heard of one of these with the processor replaced AND the FPU added.

I have DONE this to more than one board (In the past) and all work perfectly after CPU change (Cheap plastic CPU and NO MMU yuck).. But to do it, you need to use a solder pot to get the old CPU out in one piece (Solder temp setting must not be too high or the board will get burned)..... In the end a very nice board with a better processor fitted (In a socket now), AND it's a 50MHz processor with MMU (Not the 40MHz one without MMU)...

Oh, I saw one done, so that's why I did it, and I waited till the warranty expired too (Before I did it)... Picture added but don't worry about the date. Because I never did change the the time and date settings to the correct date in my camera....

Oh Admin.. This is a swap not a sale, is it in the right forum... <Thread prefix updated>

Attachments

• ACA.jpg
    ACA.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
as I said this board is Much Much better than any blizzard

In my opinion the Blizzard 1230 is a better accelerator by far.

Blizzard has a slower RAM (50-60ns is the best that can accept), but you can install almost any kind and size of SIMM you have, it can easily accept FPU because it is socketed (no soldering skills needed), it accepts a SCSI controller board with additional RAM slot, so you can use older and modern SCSI devices (like SCSI to SD) while at the same time you get a second memory SIMM which can raise the total fast RAM up to 256MB. Blizzard has also RTC and no need of removing E123C and E125C capacitors (for timing fixes?). Of course we should not forget that Blizzard 1230 is the most reliable and compatible Accelerator card of all time.

Although the ACA is still a great Accelerator for the Amiga.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom