PDA

View Full Version : Found Amiga 1200

strygo
29th April 2018, 23:50
Amiga Forever just isn't cutting it for me - I'm finally interested in taking the plunge and getting an Amiga 1200. :lol:

I'm looking for one in good to excellent cosmetic condition (not yellowed, no scratches). I'm not sure of what other add-ons / modifications are necessary or desirable (recapped? CF replacement?). Any guidance here is also very much appreciated. I'm located in the US. Thank you for your time.

- Steve

Retroheaven87
30th April 2018, 15:45
Hi

I'm about to refurbish one in good condition and will be recapped. I sell many overseas inc US/CA these are PAL units so you would need RGB to scart to HDMI or use a CRT monitor (15Khz) also a mains step up transformer both can be purchased from Amazon.

I can supply a NTSC board but that is extra as like PAL units are rare in the US, NTSC ones are rare in europe lol, however the majority of the software is PAL, i can also help with CF cards etc.

I will put up some pics tonight (shes needs a good clean which would be done also).

Thanks!

Steve

strygo
30th April 2018, 15:54
Cool! That sounds great. I have displays that can handle PAL. I know many more games were released for PAL than NTSC - outside of that, are there any other considerations I should be aware of?

Thank you.

Retroheaven87
2nd May 2018, 10:49
HI!

Nope :-)

Here are a couple of pics natural daylight.

134896 134897

Any further question please just ask.

Thanks!

strygo
2nd May 2018, 15:50
It looks very nice! Do you have any shots of the underside and ports? Assuming it is available, can you message me with details about price / etc.? I'm located in 98077 in USA.

Thanks,
Steve

Retroheaven87
2nd May 2018, 16:10
Sure, I will do that tonight :-) I have a few boards and shields so can create a nice one..

Retroheaven87
2nd May 2018, 21:21
134909 134910 134911

More photos...

strygo
14th May 2018, 15:32
Hey Steve - It's really no problem if something has come up, but I'd love an update on the shipping status for this.

Thanks,
Steve

NeutronUK
14th May 2018, 17:18
PM Sent.

davideo
14th May 2018, 20:41
Hey Steve - It's really no problem if something has come up, but I'd love an update on the shipping status for this.

Thanks,
Steve

There's no record of payment being made within this thread?

strygo
14th May 2018, 22:42
Yeah, Steve and I were exchanging messages the week I posted this and I sent funds via PayPal on 5/5. I've sent a few follow-up messages (one unrelated to the order, another inquiring about shipment) and I haven't heard from him since, so I figured I'd check in here. Like I said, I'm just hoping for a bit more transparency on the order's status.

Thanks,
Steve

davideo
14th May 2018, 23:44
PM sent to Retroheaven87 asking for an update on this thread ASAP

@strygo

Have you sent an email to the address of the Paypal payment?

strygo
15th May 2018, 03:09
Hey David,

I just sent an email to the PayPal address. I will update this thread when I hear back. I also apologize for not updating this thread earlier that I had a potential lead for what I've been looking for.

Thanks,
Steve

Retroheaven87
15th May 2018, 21:13
Hi!

Sorry it it has been manic and just packed her up will arrange posting tomorrow!

thanks!

strygo
15th May 2018, 23:18
Sorry it it has been manic and just packed her up will arrange posting tomorrow!

Thanks for getting back to me! Can you elaborate on your comment? Was the computer acting up in some way?

Thanks,
Steve

strygo
16th May 2018, 17:51
Steve and I decided to skip the sale and to part ways on good terms. I wish him luck in his future sales.

- Steve