Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello there Amibayers,

Just a technical update.

A lot of us have been experiencing SQL timeout errors, stating things like "cannot connect to database"

I would like to say that this has been resolved by the hosting service (www.streamline.net) and was due to a routing problem to the SQL database servers. (or so the site tells me)

However the hosting service felt it necessary to update their security protocols last Thursday 29th December. As a result this placed a hold on all passwords used in their system. including FTP access until said passwords were reset.

Unfortunately, when they were doing this I was updating the database, and it became corrupt. from this i had to drop all existing data from the database (which there was a lot more than Amibay :( ).

I have rolled the system back to the initial backup but we have lost a few registered members so please I urge those to re-register to AmiBay.

Zetr0 mate,

You did a sterling job of rebuilding the site in so short a time, I take my hat off to you, this was an epic achievement.

Cheers

Merlin

I have the support of a damn good Crew my my friend :D

Yeah, nice job Z! Everything seems pretty tight now and good to see a few ads springing up. Long live Amibay! :D

Hi guys. It's "DOG" slow for me today 09.47am. No errors though apart from this on a white page:

User Notice:

Server Update:
The web-server is currently updating please try again later

Tis like ur accessing using a 56K modem?

Love the New Logo btw! :D

It's sometimes slow for me too, waiting maybe a minute or more, but today and right now it's ok here. I don't know how the server works out who to queue. :)

Muist admit, it's a bit sluggish for me too. There aren't any page failures tho and everything else runs sweet as a nut.

I can cope with waiting a moment for the page to load, it helps prevent floods. :wink:

its been a little doggedly slow during the day yet bloody fast in the late evening...

hmmmm

I have sent a query to streamline. they sill might e doing maintenance.

Zetr0 said:
its been a little doggedly slow during the day yet bloody fast in the late evening...

hmmmm

I have sent a query to streamline. they sill might e doing maintenance.

Tsk tsk Keith....u aint using ur Spell checker are u! :p

It's a little quicker now, but earlier this morning, I could make coffee's in between pages loading up. & thats from a Cold fill on the kettle!

Do you guys think it could be a Streamline site redirect problem during the day, or is it that we aren't getting enough bandwidth at times, as if they are traffic shaping?

If they up the bandwidth at evenings it explains why the site speeds up.

Just a thought.....

naaa

I personally believe its down to their maintenance schedule got brought forward due to a security risk update, so the urls take a while to resolve. I have messaged them and a have a ticket so if its anything else we shall see..

@Charlie

i was born free.... theres enough checks in this world... i figure this one.... could be put out in the world.... to show that in a syntactical deformity there is purity and beauty only when beset by inaccuracy. :D

thats my story chummy, and imma stikcing to it. ;)

@ Keith

Nothing wrong with "Eu Natural" :D

But listen guys, this maintainance is kinda taking this pi$$. Personally, I'd be looking at a different Host for a solution, cos this is crap tbh!
Especially when ur on 16Mb ADSL. ......... :roll:

*edit....& then this post ........."Posted" faster than shit off a shiny shovel. :?:

yepo

I have a message back..

they are doing maintenance on their primary DNS rooting server. I have been given the IP's that link to the actually physical databases servers but I am holding off at present hard coding them.

I have been assured that this problem will be sorted with soon.

but if this does give much more crapola then indeed, there will be some hard code setting going on :)

Okay, I have completed the change over from the DNS root to the the actual databases..

it seems some what nippy now without errors... give your caches a clean and have a try :)

Well..it was slick as u like & then trying to answer here...... I'm seeing the 56K Modem Scenario again! :(

the poor zetrmeister is really putting some hours in on this

i'm sure if we just be a little more patient he will have the problems that are mostly from the server sorted out as soon as he can :)

@ Z

I think some hard coding is in order mate, we are back in "watching paint dry" mode at Tuesday lunchtime.

Merlin

yeah... its running like a pig at the moment...

I have sent (yet another ticket off) so we shall see...

may need another hosting plan worse case scenario

Back
Top Bottom