Supradrive amiga 1000

bevenais

Country
france
Region
Herault
Hi

I formated my supradrive 40 mo for amiga 1000 with supraformat.
Now, when i boot supraboot disk its indicate "no boot partitions".
With supraformat software it is stated that "no scsi device found". The hard drive seems to work and the 4x4 supradrive too.
When i boot Workbench disk and supraformat its indicates"cannot find suprascsi.device. Please xeit and copy the supraboot:devs/suprascsci.device file to your currently assigned devs: direcotory, and try again

Can tou help me ?

Last edited:
The generic layering of steps/components for Autoboot to work in an Amiga are as follows:

Computer powers on, and Kickstart eventually begins the board hardware AutoConfig process. Assuming all is well, the Supra controller is seen.
Next, expansion library looks for a ROM in the supra controller unit, and activates it. The controller driver, now alive, inits the board, and initiates a scan of the attached media devices.
Assuming it sees the one device, it would look for a boot block (defines partitions). I'm pretty sure it pre-dates the standard RDB, but it will have something. The RDB will have the partition definition (what is equal to a text mountlist), and if the filesystem it uses is present (in ROM, OFS, or FFS might also be stuffed in the boot block - that was what had to be done under KS 1.3), attempts to mount the partition and validate the file structure.
After that, the OS reviews boot device priority and attempts to boot from the media that has the highest boot priority value. If no floppy present, the HD first partition is typically set up as the next boot target.

I would look into the actual boot block not being written on the hard disk, or the FastFileSystem not being in the boot block. It's also possible that the Supra required a boot partition set up with OriginalFileSystem only (what original floppy disks use), then that mounts an FFS partition (with a mountlist, after 'boot', and the L: location has the KS 1.3 FastFileSystem) and transfers the system to it later. The original A2090a on an A2000 also tended to do that I think, and also for those that didn't figure out how to stuff FFS into the boot block and load it with their ROM.

@cugar124 - OS 3.1 components are not going to work (Kickstart 2.0x/3.1 is not an option on an A1000 without a ROM modification). I don't believe the early Supra products, like most 3rd party products of the time, supported the RDB standard or SCSI_Direct standards that were established with the A2091 6.x boot ROMs & A3000 / GVP v3 boot ROMs, Microbotics HardFrame (and others), and basically with the OS 2.04 release. Everyone had similar, but different layout, actual HD prep tools prior to that.

Back
Top Bottom