stephenfalken

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Hi guys.

I have an A2386SX BridgeBoard 16Mhz 20Mhz that i'd like to swap for a decent Amiga 2000 accelerator/RAM.

This card has an extra 1MB of ZIP RAM installed to give the bridgeboard 2MB instead of the usual 1MB, the setup utility picture shows the board detecting there is 2MB on board.

The battery on the board had already leaked when I got the card, so I removed the battery (well, it just fell off when I touched it, actually) and cleaned off as much of the corrosive substance that I could to prevent further damage. I don't really have the time or skill to do any repair work or add a new battery slot.

The card runs and the beeper works as expected, although the missing battery causes the configuration error to show on each cold start. Using a virtual hard file the card boots to MS-DOS, but I have been unable to get the floppy disk access to work.

Only the card itself is supplied. All the software can be found online.

I have included several pictures to show the card booted with the Workbench screen behind. I also added close ups of the battery leaked areas.

IMG_0944.jpgIMG_0945.jpgIMG_0949.jpgIMG_0948.jpgIMG_0946.jpgIMG_0956.jpgIMG_0955.jpgIMG_0957.jpg

Please let me know if you have anything that you would like to swap for this.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi i can offer You a gerat accelerator 68030TK
Also have TF530 and Harms Professional 030, You can choose any accelerator You like

Last edited:
Hi i can offer You a gerat accelerator 68030TK
Also have TF530 and Harms Professional 030, You can choose any accelerator You like

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

I have got one of your TF530s in my A500 and have tried that in my A2000 68k socket and it didn't work (video glitches, unstable) and the space was very tight once the floppy chassis was in place.

I think I would prefer an Accelerator that plugs into the CPU Expansion slot.
From following your 68030TK thread, there are still issues running on A2000.. Or are these now solved?
Thanks!

TF530 can be plugged into CPU Slot instead of 68k socket with help of adaptor, so no worries.
As for glitches on A2k - yes, unfortunately these are present if You try to run accelerator @50Mhz, while card works perfectly @33Mhz..
As for 68030TK - had some issue, indeed. These was caused by my CPU slot (have bulit and tested Vampire/TF530 slot Adaptors in past, so connector got loose and maked bad contact with card, swapped this connector out - accelerator works stable now, no reboots since then. Even with MegaChip installed.
IDE port on CPU Card was also tested and boots fine with patched Kickstart. One thing that isn't tested is Clockport - have bought Subway usb controller today, so will be able to test soon

Also will offer 68EC020TK shortly, all parts are already here, waiting on PCBs

Last edited:
I have an A2000 with scsi for you and we can swap with a 20 or 25 mhz A2386 as I am looking for the 16 MHz one...

I have an A2000 with scsi for you and we can swap with a 20 or 25 mhz A2386 as I am looking for the 16 MHz one...

Hi there mate.

Sorry im not sure I understand. I'm looking for an Accelerator, not an A2000. I need something like a G-Force 030 or Commodore equivalent .

Thanks

Do whatever You hold for right, but you need to do it as soon as possible. you said floppy doesn't working - if you look carefully - You will see You have massive acid damage already (actyally i can bet the floppy isn't working because of that) floppy controller need to be removed, all via's in this area should be cleaned, broken traces repaired, or you will end up with non-working card very soon, quaranteed..

Interest withdrawn, it is the 20 mhz version!

:oops:

Oh I feel very dumb right now...

Apologies... I saw the 16Mhz crystal on the board so foolishly took it for a 16 Mhz bridgeboard!!

This does appear to have a 40Mhz CPU crystal which would indeed indicate it's the 20Mhz version!

Corrected OP.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom