Closed Amiga video enabler for a1200 elbox zorro iv winner busboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can take pictures of mine for you (did you sell you Mediator ZIV or keep it in the end?)

Hi, I kept the mediator ZIV for now still haven't decided to keep or sell, a photo of the video enabler is great but still need pins out information.

As promised some pictures

Basic construction really as there are no IC's or other components. just a pass through adapter from the A1200 mobo to the Zorro ZIV busboard

Maybe Elbox or Power Computing maybe willing to release the schematics

better let milo know too, sure he asked for pictures of this a while back too

Really think you should keep the Mediator ZIV, I've only seen two come up since I've been active on Amibay (my one and your one lol).

ed3cba0aaf349d007f3fc0554c968603.jpg
80a0a5460504bae491ac7e39dad3fbc2.jpg

664ec2f17d4ce6c178b58c60b7b6dd69.jpg
cb96350d4994441e4092d3b233b621b3.jpg
f586b9067cffce7369fe00df2407a07c.jpg

Last edited:
Here I have got pins out from the 44 pin connector to the video slot on the winner busboard and this what I can figure out so far but I need help to confirm this.

44 pin connector on the bus board pins to video slots

Pin 1 to 51 big connector = blue bit 0 to Lisa pin 29 = B0
Pin 2 to 52 big connector = blue bit 1 to Lisa pin 31 = B1
Pin 3 to 53 big connector = blue bit 2 to Lisa pin 32 = B2
Pin 4 to 54 big connector = blue bit 3 to Lisa pin 34 = B3
Pin 5 to 23 small connector = blue bit 4 to Lisa pin 35 = B4
Pin 6 to 10 big connector = blue bit 5 to Lisa pin 36 = B5
Pin 7 to 11 big connector = blue bit 6 to Lisa pin 37 = B6
Pin 8 to 25 small connector = blue bit 7 to Lisa pin 38 = B7
Pin 9 to 47 big connector = green bit 0 to Lisa pin 39 = G0
Pin 10 to 48 big connector = green bit 1 to Lisa pin 40 = G1
Pin 11 to 49 big connector = green bit 2 to Lisa pin 41 = G2
Pin 12 to 50 big connector = green bit 3 to Lisa pin 42 = G3
Pin 13 to 6 big connector = green bit 4 to Lisa pin 44 = G4
Pin 14 to 7 big connector = green bit 5 to Lisa pin 45 = G5
Pin 15 to 8 big connector = green bit 6 to Lisa pin 46 = G6
Pin 16 to 27 small connector = green bit 7 to Lisa pin 47 = G7
Pin 17 to 1 small connector = red bit 0 to Lisa pin 48 = R0
Pin 18 to 2 small connector = red bit 1 to Lisa pin 49 = R1
Pin 19 to 45 big connector = red bit 2 to Lisa pin 50 = R2
Pin 20 to 46 big connector = red bit 3 to Lisa pin 51 = R3
Pin 21 to 2 big connector = red bit 4 to Lisa pin 52 = R4
Pin 22 to 3 big connector = red bit 5 to Lisa pin 54 = R5
Pin 23 to 4 big connector = red bit 6 to Lisa pin 55 = R6
Pin 24 to 29 small connector = red bit 7 to Lisa pin 57 = R7
Pin 25 to 9 small connector = GND to Lisa pin 33 = GND2
Pin 26 to 5 small connector = C280 to Lisa pin 43 = C280
Pin 27 to 13 big connector = sync on green to Lisa pin 26 = SOG
Pin 28 to 19 small connector = /C4 3.55/3.58Mhz clock Not connected
Pin 29 Not connected
Pin 30 not connected
Pin 31 not connected
Pin 32 to 18 small connector = burst gate to Lisa pin 58 = burst
Pin 33 to 28 small connector = video blank to Lisa pin 27 = Blank
Pin 34 to 30 small connector = pixelsw genlock overlay not connected
Pin 35 to 33 small connector = XCLK genlock clock not connected
Pin 36 to 16 small connector = genlock clock enable not connected
Pin 37 to 14 small connector = composite sync to Alice pin 80 = CSYNC
Pin 38 to 22 small connector = horizontal sync to Alice pin 81 = HSYNC
Pin 39 to 26 small connector = vertical sync to Alice pin 79 = VSYNC
Pin 40 to 9 small connector = GND to Lisa pin 33 = GND2
Pin 41 to 7 small connector = analog red not connected
Pin 42 to 11 small connector = analog green not connected
Pin 43 to 15 small connector = analog blue not connected
Pin 44 not conected

Last edited:
I have updated the pin out info I still need to have someone double check this for me.
I have build adapter here what I have so far picture is dark and a bit shaky.
the first 4 photos are the scan doubler via the adapter the other 3 photos are scart
20180725_210606.jpg20180725_210548.jpg20180725_210953.jpg20180725_211428.jpg20180725_211114.jpg20180725_211438.jpg20180725_210943.jpg20180801_190205.jpg

Last edited:
@amigat
You're able to make these? Would you make more? How is your project coming along?
Would it be possible to get these made up externally? Or as soldering-kits? I don't know how this manufacturing works but I've seen a lot of more complicated designs then this available for very little. I can solder quite well so I would be happy to supply the community with a steady stream of these if someone else got the kit's made. :p

Then again, perhaps there is little demand. I sure want one!

Amiga video enabler for a1200 elbox zorro iv winner busboard

Well done AmigaT keep up the good work

I too would like another one, and I am willing to send you my one for you to test with, BUT and it is a big BUT I will want it back

Last edited:
Hi I am looking into make some of these boards I just need to get it right first though. I know that there are a few members want some. we see how it goes, I have made a test board as you can see by the photo, still need to work on it as I got some shimmering and dark screen but the bits 0-7 on RGB colours are right.

@amigat
You're able to make these? Would you make more? How is your project coming along?
Would it be possible to get these made up externally? Or as soldering-kits? I don't know how this manufacturing works but I've seen a lot of more complicated designs then this available for very little. I can solder quite well so I would be happy to supply the community with a steady stream of these if someone else got the kit's made. :p

Then again, perhaps there is little demand. I sure want one!

- - - Updated - - -

I would really be very great full if I can borrow yours for a week to check the pins out. Can you pm me if you want to send me yours
thanks

Well done AmigaT keep up the good work

I too would like another one, and I am willing to send you my one for you to test with, BUT and it is a big BUT I will want it back

Last edited:
Hi Amigat

so I let you down last weekend but not this one!!!

I have sent my Elbox Video slot enabler to you to help you on your Quest of glory to create one or two :LOL:

Remember I do want it back when you are finished please don’t break it he he.

let me know when it arrives

Last edited:
Hi Timtheloon
I got your Elbox video enabler today and did my pin out check, I was right all the pins were connected correctly, I have updated my list with the pin out information, I will send your video enabler back this Wednesday, many thanks for letting me borrow it.
I did try your video enabler with my scan doubler and I get the same picture dark with wrong colour. so it must be my scan doubler.

Last edited:
How are things looking?

Hi Overmann so when he tried it with my original Video slot Enabler he had the same results so his Pin out is correct and doubled checked with my original.

So now we are going to try his Scan doubler in my one (when I'm home longer than a weekend) to see if we get the same result on my one, and too also check if its a compatibility issue with his Scan doubler or a problem with his bus-board.

Last edited:
I have never been able to make it go the original ELBOX with the scandoubler of the cybervision so I left the door rgb dell'amiga for games and demos without bothering the scandoubler I used a cybervision 64 3D
At the end it is used to pass amiga video to the video card scandoubler
So I would not worry too much

I have never been able to make it go the original ELBOX with the scandoubler of the cybervision so I left the door rgb dell'amiga for games and demos without bothering the scandoubler I used a cybervision 64 3D
At the end it is used to pass amiga video to the video card scandoubler
So I would not worry too much

I'm not sure what you mean here, but Elbox's ZorroIV busboard with the video slot enabler works perfectly as long as a good connection is made with the chips on the motherboard. I had a setup with a PicassoIV and it worked like a dream. I really hope this works out and these video slot enablers are made available again.

Any news on this?

Forgot about this wonder if amigat still has his prototype

Hi all

yes i still got prototype but still no luck in getting it working correcly, I have tried 4x A1200 motherboard including the new 1.3 board, Different scandoublers like 2x cybervision3d and arxon scandoubler, 2x different LCD monitors and 2x busboards a.k.a winner ZIV and micronik pci 5.44
no luck all the same result just darker screen like the photos, to me it looks like the white balance is not there.

there is only one thing i can think of that it's only can be used with CRT monitor not LCD?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom