Great Job!!
Positive feedback sent.

Thanks

Hello,
a small update for A2000 users:
Few users have noticed minor issues on A2000, and Matze has explained why:
Here is his explanation:
"The Problem lies on the Commodore-PCB:

On the A2000 (top) Commodore added a capacitor for noise filtering on the E-Clock

On the A500 (bottom) Commodore added a Resistor on SOME A500-boards for noise filtering.

So on the A500 the resistor on my TK board (R19) adds up to the onboard-resistor, which is generally no problem. On A500 with no resistor (rev5) it fixes this issue (which was also a stability-issue) tackled by Commodore via the onboard-resistor and runs smoothly.

But on the A2000 my resistor becomes a RC-delay filter, which delays the Eclock and confuses the CIAs. I think I have to install a A2000-Jumper to bridge R19 if needed..."
So in other words, for those who has an issue on A2k - just replace R19 resistor with 0Ohm one, or put a solder blob on it, it will fix this issue!
Happy hacking!

Viktor

next card is built, payment info sent to demolition
started to build last card (for user Franktho)

Last edited:
Package received. My 2000 isn't ready for it yet as it still needs some fixes so cannot test it yet but it looks very nice indeed. There was even a CF adapter with bracket included which I didn't realize (yes I know the post says so, but somehow I didn't see that) so I consider that a bonus. :)

One question - I don't assume that it is possible to use the IDE port on the CPU adapter board and the IDE connector on the accelerator at the same time?

Last edited:
Package received. My 2000 isn't ready for it yet as it still needs some fixes so cannot test it yet but it looks very nice indeed.
Hello Martin, glad to hear Your set arrived safe! Actually You can remove 68020TK from CPU Slot card and give it a go on A500 ;)
There was even a CF adapter with bracket included which I didn't realize (yes I know the post says so, but somehow I didn't see that) so I consider that a bonus. :)
Sure, since You ordered a full set - You've got all parts needed to start to use it out of the box. This type CF adapter looks nice on A2k, and of course it minimizes the risk of possible shorts. By the way - Power cord isn't needed, it becomes power from Pin20 of the ide!
One question - I don't assume that it is possible to use the IDE port on the CPU adapter board and the IDE connector on the accelerator at the same time?
You can use both IDE ports for same time, just keep in mind - CPU Slot IDE isn't autobooting, (need to be mounted each time with addIDE tool on the DVD) actually You can make it bootable, but You need to patch KS ROM with ide.device to make this ide bootable..

PS
last card was shipped to user Franktho
tracking info in PM
kind regards,

Viktor

Thanks to all who supported my hobby and obtained a 68EC020TK card here,
Got updated information from cards designer (Matze)-
more 68EC020TK will be available soon from Kryoflux web store (hopefully before Christmas)
regards,

- Your 8 Bit Dreams

Last edited:
Was looking for some documentation regarding the jumper settings and I found some here, and I thought it could be relevant for others here as well.

Basically, the board has three jumpers BOOT, MEM_1 and MEM_2.

BOOT:
Off = Autoboot enabled

MEM_1/MEM_2:
Off/Off = 8MB + 1.5MB ranger + 1MB FakeROM
On/Off = 8MB
Off/On = 6MB + 1.5MB ranger + 1MB FakeROM
On/On = No memory

Does anyone know what this FakeROM is and how to use it? Will it work automatically by shadowing the ROM or do you need to use some software tool to enable it?

For some reason, my board seems to be running at 16MHz only but there is no jumper to set the CPU clock speed as far as I can see. The solder jumper SJ2 might be related to the clock speed though but does anyone know about this?

Well, fakeROM is memory area where FastROM usually gets placed, Matze used that space as additional memory

Are there any news on the commercial availabilities of these? I have just bought an A1000 and I'm looking for a good solution to get some more ram, HDD and kickstart 1.3 (I assume FAKErom can be used to load kickstart 1.3 from file so I won't have to install the kickstart chips inside my A1000). This looks like a great all-in-one. I'm new to the A1000 so If anyone has a better solution for me I'd appreciate the advice :)

Hi,
Had guests, so wasn't able to solder anything/answer PMs in last two weeks,
Will send You PM next week

Will build another small batch of 10 cards soon, please let me know if You are interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom