Sold 68EC020 TK - new A500/A1000/A2000 accelerator by Matze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want one accelerator for A1000 + one relocator for A2000

Hello, does this accelerator increases the amount of Chip Ram in an Amiga 1000?

Last edited:
Chip ram no. Fast ram yes 8meg. Slow ram at C0000 yes at 1.5meg (but there may be a problem having slow mem available at the same time as all 8meg of fast mem as explained in earlier comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone wants to use this card together with a ZZ9000 board, you will have problems since the ZZ9000 is a 4MB board so there is not room for both in Z-II space..
The ZZ9000 might soon get a new FW that sets it up as a 2MB board though and then you can use the 6+1.5MB setting.

Edit: So mntmn sent me a 2MB test version of the ZZ9000 FW which is working well with the 4+2+1.6MB config of this board (MEM_1 off, MEM_2 on). It allows up to 1280x720 in 16 bit color, which seems like a good compromise as you'd just be left with too little fast mem available otherwise. On a fresh 3.1.4.1 install with P96, I have just below 5MB fast mem remaining (plus ~1.8 MB chip). I assume he'll add this 2MB A500 version in an upcoming ZZ9000 FW release.

Last edited:
Thanks for this input,
i assume, You wanted to say that Lukas has released 6MB Firmware for ZZ9000 FW
indeed, seems this the best compromise :)

Still have some ready to ship cards available

Last edited:
i assume, You wanted to say that Lukas has released 6MB Firmware for ZZ9000 FW
indeed, seems this the best compromise :)

No, he made a 2MB FW for ZZ9000 and since Z-II space is only 8MB in total that leaves room to configure this accelerator with 6MB Z-II memory. I have been using it for a while and for me it does indeed seem like the best compromise. Most people might want to use the ZZ9000 with something beefier like an 030 and in that case there is no need to reduce the Z-II memory usage since most/all 030 accelerators will put its memory outside Z-II space.

Ah, my bad, ok, got it,
6MB+1.5MB on the 020 and 2MB on ZZ9000..
What about USB, is it working?

USB on the ZZ9000? Sure, but remember that USB is still only for mass storage as it cannot be used with e.g. Poseidon. For generic USB, you need to install something like a RapidRoad. But although the USB is just for MS and does not support hot plugging, it is still useful to be able to mount a USB stick and transfer files (although I mainly use ethernet for that).

And just to make it clear - the ZZ9000 does not provide any fast mem for the Amiga with this accelerator. The 2MB in Z-II space is used for the RTG frame buffer. You need a CPU with 32-bit addressing to be able to access its memory region since that is located beyond $1000000 and the 020TK only has an EC CPU with 24-bit addressing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom