Region
Bavaria

05.08.2022 Update!
All cards are sold out!
No further Batches are planned!

Hello dear Amigan's

:grouphug:

some of You already know me as 8 Bit Dreams
i'm a retro computer enthusiast who spends his time by repair and building open-source retro computer related hardware
for a big range of home computers, making them more powerful and comfortable to use.
generally i do it for my personal use, however, i do like retro related forums like A1k, Exxos, EAB, & Amibay, and want to support them somehow.

decided to offer small batches of hardware i am able to build, and sell them to the people without or with limited soldering skills.
With this move i can shoot two rabbits with one shot:
more happy retro computer users, and a possibility to donate some cash to support our forums
- i think that's great!

This time offer an 68EC020 TK - an accelerator card designed by Matthias Heinrichs (Matze)
This accelerator was designed for all 68k CPU based Amiga computers like A500 /A1000 /A2000

CPU: Motorolla 68EC020 running @28Mhz /35Mhz
FPU: NO
IDE: Yes, powered (Pin20 provides power to CF / DOM modules)
DMA Support: Yes
MapROM:Yes
RAM: 11MB (4 Memory profiles)
8MB + 1,5MB Ranger + 1.5MB A0-B8 +ROM-Overlay (Total 11MB+1.5Mb FakeROM)
6MB + 1,5MB Ranger + 1.5MB A0-B8 +ROM-Overlay (Total 9MB+1.5Mb FakeROM)
8MB only
Nomem

2018-07-17 07.37.03.jpg 2018-07-15 13.34.19.jpg 2018-07-15 13.35.53.jpg 2018-07-15 13.33.04.jpg

As You see this card isn't fastest one, it also hasn't FPU, yet it beats A2630 accelerator with 030 CPU easily!
This accelerator is also friendly to a big range other hardware due DMA support.
it's a perfect expansion for playing WHDLoad games, or even build an expanded Amiga with RTG Grapic card,
offering correct quit function and enough memory for even advanced games. All in all great hardware!

Matze has opened he’s accelerator card sources – everyone is welcome to build these cards.
All information about can be found on Gitlab. It’s free for non-commercial purposes.​

Update from 24.04.2020
have limited order of 10 cards in total, offering these for sale as I don’t need all of them, just one or maybe two..
This revision has DIP switch to choose between 28 and 35Mhz (some cards from last batch was not happy on 35Mhz) so now You can lower the frequency if You run into stability issues

Currently available: 10 cards

1. Cards are offered as is, or in sets with all necessary - relocator boards, CF adaptor, and IDE extension included
2. i am responsible for the card i have built, will try to help solving issues if You have any,

however, You need to understand that this is pure hobby project, rather than a ready to use commercial product with warranty and full support, hence support i can offer is limited by my full time work and family

Asking 125€ for accelerator only,

or 140€ for accelerator + relocator, CF Card adapter and ribbon cable extension.

A2000 version with CPU Slot card (additional IDE, Clockport) will change the owner for 145€

PayPal as a friend/family or add 4% to cover fees
Also IBAN payment is accepted

Postage fees from 01.01.2020 are
8.50€ to any country (tracked & insured) (5,00€ for Germany)
Best regards,

- 8 Bit Dreams

21.05.2020 Update
here is some interesting information i'd like to share:
as You may know, i've assumed that not all cpu's i've used are working stable @35Mhz as some WHDLoad games crashed,
had time to make a deeper investigation - it turned out that all cards are whorking just fine @35Mhz, the issue why some WHDLoad is crashing is
SlowRAM!!! seems some games doesn't expect to see expanded Fast + Slow RAM at same time..
Close MEM1 Jumper - to disable SlowRAM, and

to Update Your card to 35Mhz:
1. remove R4 resistor and place it on R12
2. flash a new firmware (see first post in this thread, or on Gitlab)
3. Close MEM1 Jumper - to disable SlowRAM - now You should be able to start any WHDLoad game without issues

Last edited:
Declare interest

- - - Updated - - -

PM sent

Last edited:
Added mari83pl and finrock to waitlist, will contact you as soon as your card is ready for shipping.
Kind regards,
Viktor

Declaring interest in one A2000 version for CPU Slot. Do you have a picture of this version?

Positive feedback's exchanged with user OXCOM
Payment received from user MalleB, will update tracking info as soon as parcel gets sent.

About A2000 relocator - it was presented in the 030 accelerator thread, here is another picture of the card:
2018-07-23 18.35.51.jpg

About A2000 relocator - it was presented in the 030 accelerator thread

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure whether it was a special A2000 version or if it used this relocator like the 030 version. Still interested. :)

Actually You can use TF530/Vampire CPU Slot adapter too, it fits perfectly, so no problems here ;)
2018-07-23 20.05.52.jpg

Added arxxxx to the queue.
Parcel for MalleB sent Tracking info in PM

All cards are sold out (some of them outside Amibay)
More 68EC020TK cards soon from authorised official vendor.
Thanks to all persons supported my retro passion and Amibay!
With kind regards,

-Viktor

All cards are sold out (some of them outside Amibay)
More 68EC020TK cards soon from authorised official vendor.

Does this mean that you will not supply any more cards at all and all future purchases will have to be done through a vendor?
I would like to know whether I should start looking for something elsewhere, or if I can still expect to get something from you at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom