Not open for further replies.

SukkoPera

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Turin
Up for sale is a small PCB that will replace the Video Hybrid of an Amiga 500 (and probably other models, but I have only tested it in the A500).

JANUARY 2020: Back in stock

It's my own design, inspired from other similar projects I found around. Please refer to https://github.com/SukkoPera/OpenAmigaVideoHybrid for more information.

What I'm selling here is either the bare PCB or a kit including the PCB and all the needed components (which are quite a lot, actually).

Bare PCB: 4€
PCB + Component Kit: 12€

Shipping is not included and will need to be agreed upon. As a rule of thumb, untracked shipping for up to two kits should be 3€ to Europe, 4€ to the US and 5€ to Australia. Add 6€ for tracking.

Note that the final, soldered, ready-to-use product is NOT on sale. The kit requires that you do the soldering and is not suitable for the faint-hearted, since it requires soldering a lot of surface-mount components in the 0805 package. You will also need to remove the original Video Hybrid from the mainboard, which is not trivial, and solder a pin header (included) in its place.

Note that the kit includes some resistor values that are different from the original Commodore design for the circuit that generates the monochrome composite video signal. This is because the original values are somewhat hard to get hold of and expensive. I have tested the actual values I include and they work fine for me, but they might produce a signal that is out-of-standard and that might blow your TV: I take no responsibility, use at your own risk! You are also free not to mount these components, as actually I don't think anybody uses the composite output, and RGB will still work fine.

The actual list of resistors included in the kit follows. The kit also includes capacitors, transistors and pin headers, i.e. all that's needed. All critical components come from a Reputable Source (capitalization is not casual).

Code:
|R1, R9, R17, R25                      |1k          |
|R2, R10, R18                          |2k          |
|R3, R11, R19                          |4.02k       |
|R4, R12, R20                          |8.06k       |
|R5, R13, R21                          |470         |
|R6, R14, R22                          |390         |
|R7, R8, R15, R16, R23, R24, R29, R39  |75          |
|R26                                   |220         |
|R27                                   |27k         |
|R28                                   |150         |
|R30*                                  |100k        |
|R31*                                  |68k         |
|R32*                                  |22k         |
|R33*                                  |22k||22k    |
|R34*                                  |68k         |
|R35*                                  |22k         |
|R36*                                  |220         |
|R37*, R38*                            |75||75      |

Components different from Commodore's are marked with an asterisk. The || symbol means "parallel", i.e. you will have to solder two resistors one over the other. Kits also include machined pin headers that allow mounting the board horizontally on the Amiga mainboard. These will allow the board to be removed at a later time and an original Commodore Video Hybrid to be installed in place without soldering. If you prefer receiving 90° headers so that you can mount the board vertically (this might be necessary on the GBA1000, for instance), please specify.

Payment methods accepted: PayPal Family & Friends (or add commissions), Bank Transfer, Satispay (for Italian buyers)

Shipping methods:
Items will ship worldwide from Italy. Two methods are available:

1. Best-effort tracking: This is the cheapest method and, depending on where you live, you might get some tracking information or not. If you choose this method, the shipment will be entirely at your risk, if the parcel gets lost you will get NO REFUND. This being said, in almost 2 years only a single parcel was lost. The shipping cost of a single kit is 4€ to Europe, 5€ to the US and 6€ to Africa, Asia and Australia.

2. Tracked & signed for: More expensive but fully trackable and refundable. The shipping cost of a single kit is 10€ to Europe, 11.50€ to the US and 12.50€ to Africa, Asia and Australia.

Always ask for exact quote.

Also note that usually I only have time to prepare parcels in the weekends, so I usually only ship on Mondays.

Item is also on sale elsewhere.

Feel free to ask any questions.

My Sales:

Last edited:
PM received and discussion ongoing. Two pieces are almost sold to thebajaguy.

Only one two kits remaining at the moment.

Last edited:
Payment received from thebajaguy and items shipped this morning.

Two more pieces to go.

Decided not to get them. Was hoping to get them but with PayPal and my credit card add too much in fees. Not the sellers fault but PayPal.

declare interest in the last two kits.
pm sent.

add: payment sent. thank you!

Last edited:
Last two boards sold to qjack.

My current batch is sold out but if there are further requests, I'll have new boards made, so please keep this thread open.

It does exactly what the original Hybrid does, that is digital to analog conversion of color data, amplification of the sync signal and generation of the monochrome composite output.

It is not meant to add any functionality, but rather to replace broken Hybrids 1:1.

@thebajaguy: great! Happy you're happy :). Going to reciprocate feedback soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom