A4000TX ATX Amiga motherboard

+1 on PCI instead of ISA.
Either passive PCI slots that needs a Mediator logic board or Prometheus as on your fantastic AA3000+.

Support for more memory would also be nice, 64MB or more?
Isn't possible to remove two of the simm-slots? A standard A4000 can use 8MB simms?

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to buy the next revision with PCI support ;)

+2 for both ISA and PCI (the connectors are offset so that they can coexist)

Last edited:
I think PCI slots are the logical way forward on this, a modern interpretation on what was the best Amiga, the A4000T. ISA slots are obsolete today so what is the point in having them as PCI cards are abundant and cheap and would open up a whole new world of expandability for everyone.

Who's up for PCIe slots? :D
Seriously though, PCI slots in this would be fantastic and would make it so much easier and cheaper to expand the machine with ethernet, USB and RTG. This is a very interesting project!
By the way, what's up with the stripper-logo? :p

Last edited:
I'm currently working on the rev 1.1 but no estimation when it would be ready (two more weeks?). At the moment I'm assembling several AA3000+ boards which will take me a considerably amount of time.

@all

Thank you for the interest. The development is progressing, although slowly due to very limited spare time. I've tested some of the new features with small development boards I made and the tests look promising.

@hese: Did you consider adding the NCR 53C710 SCSI-2 chip to the A4000TX motherboard, like in the original A4000T ? I've understood it provides much better performance than the onboard IDE. It probably could be an optional component for those who want to install / use it.

Last edited:
Hi @hese,

will there be a batch of the first version? Without PCI?

There will be a batch of rev 1.1 PCBs when the board is ready. It will have ISA slots like the first revision. PCI will be in rev 2.0.

Nrg said:
@hese: Did you consider adding the NCR 53C710 SCSI-2 chip to the A4000TX motherboard, like in the original A4000T ? I've understood it provides much better performance than the onboard IDE. It probably could be an optional component for those who want to install / use it.
Yes, I have thought about that and also adding some other features. The problem is that I'm running out of board space. The board is so crowded that routing more traces is very difficult let alone adding more components. If I change the form factor from the current ATX/EATX hybrid to a full EATX I probably could get enough space for the NCR 53C710 SCSI and something else.

Hi Hese,

Is the PCI version likely to support the Sonnet PPC Library?

Watching this closely!

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom