Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: A4000TX ATX Amiga motherboard

Country
    Sweden
    Region:
    Orebro
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Dont know if this is the place for general A4000TX questions but hopefully it is. I just bought a A4000TX here on Amibay and want to know if there is a IO-shield available somewhere that fits this board. If not would there be interesting maybe to make a group order for some custom made?

Thanks,

Bjorn

Country
    UK
    Region:
    Carmarthenshire
    Feedback
    10 (100%)

Hi Bjorn, good idea and count me in

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Niedersachsen
    Feedback
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mehmet-ozdemir View Post
    Hey Hese, If I apply fix 2A, does that affect the use of the jumper? Ie are locked in PC floppy only or can you still switch between Amiga or PC floppy drives.
    With each of the possible fixes the Jumper works as intended, but without a fix it depends on the component tolerances of U356 and Q301 whether the switchover works or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cooke View Post
    Dont know if this is the place for general A4000TX questions but hopefully it is. I just bought a A4000TX here on Amibay and want to know if there is a IO-shield available somewhere that fits this board. If not would there be interesting maybe to make a group order for some custom made?
    Hese already posted a matching IO Shield: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?101477-A4000TX-ATX-Amiga-motherboard&p=992934&viewfull=1#post992934 For small series that is quite expensive but many 3d print provider can build a real metal shield with the the stl file. Also a selfmade is possible, preferably use some ESD Filament or print in cheap PLA and use some conductive painting on the inner side and the fold...

Country
    Sweden
    Region:
    Orebro
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

- - - Updated - - -

Hese already posted a matching IO Shield: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...l=1#post992934 For small series that is quite expensive but many 3d print provider can build a real metal shield with the the stl file. Also a selfmade is possible, preferably use some ESD Filament or print in cheap PLA and use some conductive painting on the inner side and the fold...

OK thanks for the link!

I'll take it to one of my customers that have NC-machines capable of creating the patterns in real metal blanks. Don't know if they can read the stl format but I guess I'll find out. Have been looking online for a source that can produce metal IO shields but so far no luck.

Bjorn
    Last edited by cooke; 7th January 2021 at 21:26. Reason: spelling and spelling

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Niedersachsen
    Feedback
    5 (100%)

- - - Updated - - -

Hese already posted a matching IO Shield: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...l=1#post992934 For small series that is quite expensive but many 3d print provider can build a real metal shield with the the stl file. Also a selfmade is possible, preferably use some ESD Filament or print in cheap PLA and use some conductive painting on the inner side and the fold...

OK thanks for the link!

I'll take it to one of my customers that have NC-machines capable of creating the patterns in real metal blanks. Don't know if they can read the stl format but I guess I'll find out. Have been looking online for a source that can produce metal IO shields but so far no luck.

Bjorn
    I think most newer 3D production System can read an stl, as it is almost standard.
    If not just download FreeCAD (as the name says free of charge) create a new Document, and import the .stl then export in the desired File type. E.g. .step should be something everyone should be able to process.

Country
    US
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    11 (100%)

Just thought I'd show off some photos of this board in a case I picked.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4114.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	163443
    As you can see everything works great. I'm using a PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse with no issues. Running OS 3.1.4 and ROMs.

Name:	IMG_4117.jpg 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	163444
    A 64gb Compact Flash Card for the hard drive, and have installed an A3660 Rev 1.1 with a Rev 1 060 CPU clocked at 60mhz.

Name:	IMG_4115.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	163445 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4116.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	163446 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4119.jpg 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	163447

Now I am just waiting on my zz9000 (RTG!) and my Fast ATA 4000 MK VII Zorro III card (will hook up my CD Drive when that comes). Almost there guys, but wanted to really say that Hese has put together something special with this board, and allowed me to retire my A1200, as this has become my main Amiga for use now.

Thanks Hese!

PS. I'd like to see some other cases, would anyone mind posting photos of theirs? I did have to modify the one in the photos just a little (using a dremmel) to fit the longer Zorro slots towards to bottom.
    Last edited by Nikdjack; 10th January 2021 at 18:25.

Country
    US
    Region:
    Wisconsin
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

Sorry, wrong thread!
    Last edited by s800; 12th January 2021 at 04:56.

Country
    Greece
    Region:
    Ioannina
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Hello mr Hese , i am interested in one A4000 ATX.I have send you a PM.thank you .
    A4k CyberstormPPC mikronik tower CybervisionPPC

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132